You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

city at home

kop77

They’re a very good side undoubtedly, but our record at Anfield and general performance level against them over the last 5 Years really gives me hope. We saw how mentally fragile they are in January, turn it up a notch on Wednesday and I think we’re in for a special Anfield night.

Henderson and Moreno are a yellow card away from missing the second leg, Lallana and Can are injured so could do without Hendo getting booked.

Gomez, and Matip both injured aswell.

Danilo, Fernandinho and Gundogan all a booking away from suspension. They've got a few injuries too but unlike us they've got a bit of depth to their squad.

I'm not nervous at all for this game, for me its a nothing to lose tie and would have been whoever we got in the draw. Getting to the quarter final is more than I expected when the season started, reaching the semi's is way beyond that, so I'm happy for us just to go out there and give it everything we've fucking got. He who dares wins!

• Upvote 1

Only two fit CB's for this apparently. Just what you wanna hear before taking on a juggernaut in our highest stakes game in years.

Whether it’s Lovren at Centre back or fucking Phil Mitchell, get behind them tomorrow, get behind every single one of our players, if they make a mistake forget about it. They need us tomorrow, big time

• Upvote 4

Aguero confirmed out, not that it matters too much to City.

The sheer fact they can lose Aguero and still run at 100% is the difference between the two teams. If Salah took the hit, we'd be counting on whether Bobby or Mane could turn it up a peg.

The sheer fact they can lose Aguero and still run at 100% is the difference between the two teams. If Salah took the hit, we'd be counting on whether Bobby or Mane could turn it up a peg.

They loose some for sure with him out. But they are still very good. About the same as us loosing Coutinho in Jan. Had we still had him i would have us nailed on to go through. Now though it is in City's favour.

Really? Just by adding Coutinho? Wow!

Yeah, for sure. European tie. Coutinho, Mane, Firminho and Salah. And we have added Van Dijk. Yep i would be very confident. Not nearly as much without him though. I mean we obviously still have a chance, and i hope we do them good. But i pre game thats a difference maker for me.

See that stuff about not getting a pitch to train on for the away leg?

(here's a link- https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-preparations-man-city-trip-14487800)

...what did Kloppo mean by this bit??

• ""Man City can train tomorrow at Goodison - that gives me something for Saturday but nothing for now. I have no clue, ask Pep, then call me and tell me.""

I'm not nervous at all for this game, for me its a nothing to lose tie and would have been whoever we got in the draw. Getting to the quarter final is more than I expected when the season started, reaching the semi's is way beyond that, so I'm happy for us just to go out there and give it everything we've fucking got. He who dares wins!

Yup, as long as we actually show up and make a good match of it.