You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

back to that robbo leaving the ball thing - apparently he heard a shout from Ali, but it wasn't Ali, it was one of their players. He chose to leave it, not because he couldn't use his right foot, but he thought his keeper was going to catch it.  

Where's this from mate?

7 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

back to that robbo leaving the ball thing - apparently he heard a shout from Ali, but it wasn't Ali, it was one of their players. He chose to leave it, not because he couldn't use his right foot, but he thought his keeper was going to catch it.  

I don't believe a word of that, Barry - where did it come from?

His whole body shape was dictated by his left bias.  The shout would not have been a factor in him not being able to block the ball regardless.

Klopp needs to make him play 5-a-side without a boot on his left foot.  Ne'er did me any harm nor nowt.

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

:)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is amazing just how poor so many players are on their weaker foot. You can understand it when making a 35 yard inch perfect pass or shooting on goal but so many are so opposed to doing fuck all with the weaker foot. Also feels its left footers even more. But watch a fullback playing on tbe wrong side like Milner did at leftback for us and how often they slow/kill the attack but cutting back onto their dominant foot. 

I obviously nowhere near their class as a player but from 5 my Dad had me playing/training games where I wasn't allowed to use my right foot and by the age of 10 I no longer have a weaker foot. I find it pretty amazing how so many who actually made it to the very top can't even do the basic on the weaker foot

• Upvote 2

It will surprise me if he doesnt age badly. Got to the top with an immense motor, crossing ability and mentality, and all credit to him for that, but when the legs will dip he wont have the technical palate to still play at a high level and the defending ability will drop as well. 

On 19/10/2023 at 01:27, 3 Stacks said:

It will surprise me if he doesnt age badly. Got to the top with an immense motor, crossing ability and mentality, and all credit to him for that, but when the legs will dip he wont have the technical palate to still play at a high level and the defending ability will drop as well. 

He's almost 30 already, played loads of football and generally avoided serious injury, if he was going to fall off a cliff he'd be doing so already. 

He'll be fine for the next couple of years and then will decline as most footballers do after 32. Scanlon and Chambers are the long shots, plus any future signings. We'll be fine.

• 2 months later...