You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Crazy that 'wonderkid' Theo Walcott is 29. What a waste of a career. Blistering pace, excellent finisher, good crosser. At the right club he'd have done some damage. I always thought he would have kicked on if he came here.

Totally agree. I think he could have been a quality player if given his preferred position. That said, injured like a mother fucker. Same as most Arsenal players, to be honest.

Crazy that 'wonderkid' Theo Walcott is 29. What a waste of a career. Blistering pace, excellent finisher, good crosser. At the right club he'd have done some damage. I always thought he would have kicked on if he came here. Although he was possibly a bit 'too nice' to really push on.

Instead he sat in Arsene Wengers 'mediocrity is OK' comfort zone

“Excellent finisher.” We must have been watching different players. Robbie Fowler was an excellent finisher. So was Shearer, Nistelrooy, Ian Wright and that’s not even going into today’s players like Aguero and Kane. He’s not even on the level of players below them like Lukaku, Morata etc.

He went to an attacking team that plays good football and suits attackers that has a manager that’s helped develop more young attacking players than anybody in the game. He was still by and large mediocre. That wasn’t Wengers fault. The only thing that stopped Wenger winning as many titles as Ferguson was two clubs in the league winning the lottery.

A player like Walcott would have crumbled under a defensive minded manager. He would never had a sniff of playing up front for any top club because he’s too small and doesn’t have the technical ability or finishing of an Aguero. He’s a wide player but doesn’t have the technique of today’s top wide players either. There’s a reason he’s been on the bench for years.

Guest Pistonbroke

No WC to aim for as Chile failed to qualify, I'm guessing Sanchez couldn't give a fuck about waiting a further 6 months before getting a move he wishes. 

Guest Pistonbroke

How could you let Ozil and Sanchez walk on a free? What the fuck!

Should've sold them two years ago.

I reckon it was arrogance on Arsne and Arsenals side, probably over confident that they would qualify for the CL and that both players would sign a new contract last summer. 

I reckon it was arrogance on Arsne and Arsenals side, probably over confident that they would qualify for the CL and that both players would sign a new contract last summer. 

It beggars belief. You could see years ago they wanted out. If i was Arsene i'd definitely take that Mkhitaryan deal right now. That's the best he's going to get. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It beggars belief. You could see years ago they wanted out. If i was Arsene i'd definitely take that Mkhitaryan deal right now. That's the best he's going to get. 

What deal is that mate? Not read anything or gone looking for Arsenal related gossip.

Arsenal are heading into a period something similar to what we had ourselves, just too fucking arrogant to do anything about it. 

What deal is that mate? Not read anything or gone looking for Arsenal related gossip.

Arsenal are heading into a period something similar to what we had ourselves, just too fucking arrogant to do anything about it. 

It could be press bullshit but there was a rumoured £20m + Mkhitaryan deal offered by United for Alexis Sanchez. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It could be press bullshit but there was a rumoured £20m + Mkhitaryan deal offered by United for Alexis Sanchez. 

Cheers. Mourinho taking the piss? Gets a City target, improves his own attack and gets a player off his books whose wages cover whatever Sanchez would want, or near to it. If Sanchez has his heart set on City then no way will he entertain that Pork N Cheese tramp.