You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Guest Pistonbroke

Arsenal can take 20 now from City or get squat in the summer, They will take whats in the table. 

after a bit more posturing, 

Probably, still nearly 3 weeks of the window open. Mind you, in the big scheme of things 20 million is fuck all, if Arsenal want to fuck all parties about. 

Probably, still nearly 3 weeks of the window open. Mind you, in the big scheme of things 20 million is fuck all, if Arsenal want to fuck all parties about. 

Can't see them turning their noses up at £20 mill even in these crazy times just to spite Sanchez, Makes the club less attractive to new players if they get arsy with players that want to leave near the end of their contracts , Arsenal can hardly complain, Sanchez  has given some of his best years to a club that has very limited ambition, 

Guest Pistonbroke

Can't see them turning their noses up at £20 mill even in these crazy times just to spite Sanchez, Makes the club less attractive to new players if they get arsy with players that want to leave near the end of their contracts , Arsenal can hardly complain, Sanchez  has given some of his best years to a club that has very limited ambition, 

Nothing surprises me in football any more mate. 

Liverpool are also reportedly interested in youngster James Maddison, who has impressed in the Championship for Norwich City this season.

Her dad is a Norwich fan and was raving about Maddison over Christmas, especially his set piece ability. Far too good for the Championship, according to him.

I believe we were interested in Maddison a while back. When he was still at Coventry.

He then had a fairly bad injury, then went to Norwich. I remember seeing a YouTube compilation vid of him and he looked very, very good. Albeit at a lower league level.

He was on loan at my team up the road last season, Aberdeen, so I've watched him a fair few times.

An attacking midfielder with an eye for a pass, and as Stronts mentioned, really good set piece delivery.

Will always be fondly remembered up at Pittodrie for this against Rangers.

How could you let Ozil and Sanchez walk on a free? What the fuck!

Should've sold them two years ago.

They probably could have had £60m for Sanchez in the summer and maybe another £45m for Ozil. Enough to buy 2 or 3 really good younger players and revamp their squad (in addition to Lacazette).

Instead they hung onto them and will lose them for free or for a pittance if they sell Sanchez in January. All so that they could finish sixth in the league and probably go out in the Europa League in the semi-finals or so (no way they're winning it without Sanchez).

Wenger put all his money on CL qualification this year, hoping that the money and draw from succeeding in qualifying this season would overcome the loss of Ozil and Sanchez for free. But now if he sells Sanchez he's basically conceding the CL qualification race, barring a miracle.

It's great for us, but it's appalling from a long-term management perspective. If you want to compete with the big oil clubs you have to do what Tottenham and ourselves are doing. Buy smart, buy young, and be patient. And if you get offered more than a player is worth, take it, no matter how bad it might pinch in the short-term. You have to have your eyes on the long-term to even compete with the Citys and Chelseas.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Alejandro Gómez is the chosen one to replace Philippe Coutinho at Liverpool. As the Anfield side is set to pay £53M for the Atlanta player. [@DeportesLN]

53m for a 29 year old midget. Sounds legit.

d3f.gif

Riyad Mahrez begins Liverpool transfer talks but he wants Arsenal move - EXCLUSIVE

RIYAD MAHREZ is in talks with Liverpool over replacing Philippe Coutinho - but he would prefer to sign for Arsenal instead.

As reported by El Rojo. Do keep up.

If he wants to move to Arsenal, let him.

I'm really not arsed if he did, he'd be absolutely stupid if he did though. 

There are two managers in this league that I believe a player should/would look at and say, working for him will be the making off me. And we've got one of them.

Going to arsenal for any aspiring player who wants to challenge themselves and take themselves to another level is career suicide. Add to that, that they'll be playing under another manager within the next 12 18 months anyway who mightn't even like them, makes arsenal a non starter. If you have half a brain of course.

The other manager is of cousre Sam Allerdyce...... who else!