You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

El Rojo has briefed the media that Liverpool are in talks with Leicester regarding the 'Mystery Man' and this 'exclusive' has landed on the Express.

mate of mine is Leicester fan and thinks we are after Demarai Gray not Mahrez .....would be a better option in my  view 

Stats are great sometimes but other times they tell you Ozil works harder than Sanchez. This is a case where its best to use your eye's, Ozil is a fraud when it comes to working for the team. If you run 14 yards 20 times a match when a player is 15 yards away from you its pointless.

I remember stats a few years back where Sturridge and Suarez had very similar figures in terms of distance and sprints. Anyone watching them would tell you Suarez was intent on making contact with either the ball or the player, Sturridge was just putting in fake miles, he never once at the intention of challenging someone, Ozil is the same.

Great player to have for the 28-30 games against the shite though.

Walcott to Everton? He's not a world beater, but they'll still be punching above their weight if they get it over the line.

If Arsenal don't want him then a mid-table side is surely his level? I've always thought he was a bit unfairly maligned in the past. Good direct player who scored a decent amount of goals when he played. Amazingly, he scored 19 goals in all comps last season, which completely pickles my head as I barely remember him playing. He's 29 soon though and always had fitness struggles so while I think he'll do OK there in patches, I wouldn't expect him to have a major impact.

Crazy that 'wonderkid' Theo Walcott is 29. What a waste of a career. Blistering pace, excellent finisher, good crosser. At the right club he'd have done some damage. I always thought he would have kicked on if he came here. Although he was possibly a bit 'too nice' to really push on.

Instead he sat in Arsene Wengers 'mediocrity is OK' comfort zone

• Upvote 1