You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guardian sport has contacted Keïta’s agents for comment. They are understood to have held talks with Leipzig on Wednesday having met Klopp this week during Liverpool’s pre-season tour to Hong Kong.

What the Guardian quotes, however, doesn't sound remotely as racist...

Looks like Rangnick might have overstepped the mark this afternoon with his comments. Not going down well at all. Could see it turning nasty

Rangnick: The problem is the environment, the whole village in Guinea or any people in the environment the players.It will take someone to put them in their place

I can't find any other article that makes his quotes sound as racist. Especially "the putting them in their place" stuff.

Youse can fuck right off. I'm singing the Pogues song for him. Even if we don't sign him.

How about the 101ers?

We got the Keit-a

Keita's in our hearts, hearts

We spent all of our spare change

So now he's gotta start, start.

Looks like Rangnick might have overstepped the mark this afternoon with his comments. Not going down well at all. Could see it turning nasty

Rangnick: The problem is the environment, the whole village in Guinea or any people in the environment the players.It will take someone to put them in their place

I want to see Naby come out with a public statement in response.

"I am hereby making a solemn vow that if Leipzig ever put me out on the pitch again in their kit, that I will play for the other team.  If I get the ball, I will do my utmost to score an own goal. I'm sorry if this offends all seventeen Leipzig fans, but I have to do what is best for my career.  You'll Never Walk Alone!"

• Upvote 2

"I am hereby making a solemn vow that if Leipzig ever put me out on the pitch again in their kit, that I will play for the other team. If I get the ball, I will do my utmost to score an own goal. I'm sorry if this offends all seventeen Leipzig fans, but I have to do what is best for my career. You'll Never Walk Alone!"

" I hope we get beat" would suffice.

• Upvote 1

"I am hereby making a solemn vow that if Leipzig ever put me out on the pitch again in their kit, that I will play for the other team.  If I get the ball, I will do my utmost to score an own goal. I'm sorry if this offends all seventeen Leipzig fans, but I have to do what is best for my career.  You'll Never Walk Alone!"

Kick RB where it hurts Naby.

img_0202vlkry.jpg

• Upvote 2

Wake up.

Google "Keita"

"Reds get boost in Keita chase"

"Lepzig insist Keita going nowhere"

"Something about a village in Guinea"

FFS......

Google "Van Dijk"

"Van Dijk to Liverpool going ahead"

"Saint legend slams Liverpool"

"Conte targets Van Dijk"

Heads to TLW for the real news....

Leaves TLW with tears of incredulous frustration welling up....

(If we do sign them I fear the internet might break) 

• Upvote 1

Its gonna be great watching Ragnar Klavan play centre half for half the season....or maybe we'll convert James Milner into the role ala Lucas....

I bet the thinking in the club is that the signing of Robertson now means that Milner will now offer the midfield cover that Lucas did. 

As for centre half, it'll be a massive fuck up to not get in another one, whether it's VVD or someone else

hysteria still the pervading theme in here I see. 

Maybe some forum luminaries could do a Do They Know It's Christmas? job on this. Could even include an additional dennis tooth stream of genius/mental consciousness verse.