You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Methods Getting Stick Again...

an tha

Well there is actually albeit small.

It would not be the biggest shock in the world if Klopp lost his love for the place.

American capitalists suck the soul out of everything. Let's get bought by a Chinese state fund and watch the power of Liverpool return again.

Well there is actually albeit small.

It would not be the biggest shock in the world if Klopp lost his love for the place.

I wouldn't be suriprised if Klopp left the club, either of his own will or sacked for failing to break into the top 4. I would, however, be amazed if FSG went anywhere near Benitez.

Why do we always think that players, but especially managers, automatically love the place?  It's sentimental old claptrap - these people are professionals, somewhere near the top echelons of their choice of employment, and they do not hold the same affection for - or emotional chains to - clubs that the supporters do.  

Klopp, Sturridge, et al go where the money and opportunity are.  There's nothing wrong with that.  

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be suriprised if Klopp left the club, either of his own will or sacked for failing to break into the top 4. I would, however, be amazed if FSG went anywhere near Benitez.

I dont think there's any danger of FSG sacking Klopp in the near future.

But, I do think Klopp would go 'fuck it, Im off' if he feels there's a groundswell of opinion growing against him amongst the fans. I think Klopp is almost bi polar. When he's up, he's up. But if the team have let him down, you can see the difference in him.

Him jibbing it might seem a fanciful notion but Ive seen posts on here where people have said "Im thinking we've fucked up appointing Klopp" and other more heavily disguised comments. Dont even bother with 'social media' as that's well awash with virtual Klopp out rhetoric.

There's more than a few people wanting Klopp gone on TIA. Its fucking amazing. Hopefully they are just internet trolls and not real fans.

Ive no doubt some fans pine for the return of Benitez and think he was relatively successful here once so would be again. But would he? His teams got caught out the same as now.

I dont think there's any danger of FSG sacking Klopp in the near future.

But, I do think Klopp would go 'fuck it, Im off' if he feels there's a groundswell of opinion growing against him amongst the fans. I think Klopp is almost bi polar. When he's up, he's up. But if the team have let him down, you can see the difference in him.

Him jibbing it might seem a fanciful notion but Ive seen posts on here where people have said "Im thinking we've fucked up appointing Klopp" and other more heavily disguised comments. Dont even bother with 'social media' as that's well awash with virtual Klopp out rhetoric.

There's more than a few people wanting Klopp gone on TIA. Its fucking amazing. Hopefully they are just internet trolls and not real fans.

Ive no doubt some fans pine for the return of Benitez and think he was relatively successful here once so would be again. But would he? His teams got caught out the same as now.

Klopp needs time to stamp his authority and his vision on the club.  He can only do that by buying in the players that can deliver it, now he knows that a lot of the players he thought were good enough, or could be coached to be good enough, are wasters.  

If Klopp does not have the stomach for the fight, or he feels unable to deliver because of constraints placed upon him by the owners, then I'm sure he'll take control and make the decision himself.  I believe he is adult enough to do that at least. 

Klopp needs time to stamp his authority and his vision on the club.  He can only do that by buying in the players that can deliver it, now he knows that a lot of the players he thought were good enough, or could be coached to be good enough, are wasters.  

If Klopp does not have the stomach for the fight, or he feels unable to deliver because of constraints placed upon him by the owners, then I'm sure he'll take control and make the decision himself.  I believe he is adult enough to do that at least. 

Totally agree.

I for one would take Rafa back in an instance if Jurgen were to leave in the near future. I hope Jurgen will stick around for some time BUT he needs to be given some serious money if we're to compete with City, Chelsea and United, let alone Arsenal and Spurs. 

I for one would take Rafa back in an instance if Jurgen were to leave in the near future. I hope Jurgen will stick around for some time BUT he needs to be given some serious money if we're to compete with City, Chelsea and United, let alone Arsenal and Spurs. 

Fucking hell.  Benitez.  The weeping sore that his acolytes continue to pick at.  FSG quite rightly wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick - the last thing the club need is someone who'll go running off to soft shites in the media complaining when he doesn't get his own way to avoid taking responsibility for failure.  

We need a functioning adult as a manager.  If Klopp decides to go, or is pushed, it is highly unlikely that we will be in a position to attract a high profile name in the job again, or at least until we start to become successful, and that would have to happen under a relatively 'unfancied' manager, with players recruited from what is left once the CL-qualified clubs all over Europe have had their picks.

So we have to hope that Klopp can turn the situation around in the summer.  If not, we face a difficult few years.  But then again, we've had very little but that for almost 30 years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fucking hell. Benitez. The weeping sore that his acolytes continue to pick at. FSG quite rightly wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick - the last thing the club need is someone who'll go running off to soft shites in the media complaining when he doesn't get his own way to avoid taking responsibility for failure.

We need a functioning adult as a manager. If Klopp decides to go, or is pushed, it is highly unlikely that we will be in a position to attract a high profile name in the job again, or at least until we start to become successful, and that would have to happen under a relatively 'unfancied' manager, with players recruited from what is left once the CL-qualified clubs all over Europe have had their picks.

So we have to hope that Klopp can turn the situation around in the summer. If not, we face a difficult few years. But then again, we've had very little but that for almost 30 years.

People still rate Benitez - deal with it.

Owners that dont invest in the team being daft enough to employ a man who will call them out on it and wake a good section of the fanbase up.

Yep, not a chamce that's going to happen.

Yeah, what a man of the people.  Signed a 6 year contract while wheedling his way out.  Then pulling the wool over the fans eyes that he was sold a pup.  Some people are stupid enough to believe anything.  Benitez was cynical enough to understand that.  

Yeah, what a man of the people. Signed a 6 year contract while wheedling his way out. Then pulling the wool over the fans eyes that he was sold a pup. Some people are stupid enough to believe anything. Benitez was cynical enough to understand that.

Haha, nonsense.

People still rate Benitez - deal with it.

People still believe Brexit was a great idea and Trump will make a great President.  We have to deal with such stuff all the time Tony.  It very rarely goes without comment on here, that's why we use this site.  You don't watch the football anyway, so your views are nothing if not ill-informed and inconsequential.  

We have to stick with Klopp, it's a no brainer.  There's no way FSG will sack him as evidenced by those quotes the other day.  They don't care overly about success, it doesn't hurt their business that much to not have it.  Kenny was sacked for Suarez stuff mainly and Rodgers turned into a disaster at the time Klopp was available.  He was the perfect choice for them and us.  It's over to him now to sort out the playing side.  Would he walk?  I don't know.  The best solution, if we actually want to compete in this era, is owners who'll throw money around, as sad as that is.  If that were to happen, is Klopp still the man.  Who knows? But for now, no brainer, support him and keep the faith.  Big summer transfer window coming up though.

People still believe Brexit was a great idea and Trump will make a great President. We have to deal with such stuff all the time Tony. It very rarely goes without comment on here, that's why we use this site. You don't watch the football anyway, so your views are nothing if not ill-informed and inconsequential.

You're right, Stringvest, I don't watch the football anymore. However, I don't need to watch current football to appreciate that, overall, Benitez was a very good Liverpool manager. I don't need to watch current football to know that neither you or I really know what went on behind closed doors during his time here and that passing supposition off as fact is pointless. I don't need to watch current football to realise that it would be extremely unlikely that FSG would ever bring him back.

You attend a handful of games per season, do you not? I presume you don't buy official club merchandise, etc. The truth is, in FSG eyes, your views are only slightly less inconsequential than mine.

Klopp needs some fucking money to do anything

The man is 3ml in profit on his dealings through three windows after taking over a shit show of a squad. He didnt inherit a Suarez,Gerrard or even a bloody Sterling.

His best player doesnt fit his style and his a perma crock.

His other best players are great or invisible depending on the week.

The man has spent big twice and got a fantastic and good player out of it. Other than that its been the same shit not getting players by playing silly bastards over a couple of million then spending more on the other options.While having to balance the books at the other end

Its a fucking joke

• Upvote 2

Fucking hell.  Benitez.  The weeping sore that his acolytes continue to pick at.  FSG quite rightly wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick - the last thing the club need is someone who'll go running off to soft shites in the media complaining when he doesn't get his own way to avoid taking responsibility for failure.  

Yes, FSG would never employ a man who would expose them for their failures and the absolute fucking fraud owners they are.

I have no idea how that - in your brain - reads as a negative for Rafa and a positive for these absolute cunts that own us.

Edit: disclaimer. I'm not saying we should actually bring Rafa back in place of Klopp. I'm just saying that these owners are cunts. I like saying it.

• Upvote 1