You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Methods Getting Stick Again...

an tha

Klopp needs some fucking money to do anything

The man is 3ml in profit on his dealings through three windows after taking over a shit show of a squad. He didnt inherit a Suarez,Gerrard or even a bloody Sterling.

His best player doesnt fit his style and his a perma crock.

His other best players are great or invisible depending on the week.

The man has spent big twice and got a fantastic and good player out of it. Other than that its been the same shit not getting players by playing silly bastards over a couple of million then spending more on the other options.While having to balance the books at the other end

Its a fucking joke

Is right

Klopp needs some fucking money to do anything

The man is 3ml in profit on his dealings through three windows after taking over a shit show of a squad. He didnt inherit a Suarez,Gerrard or even a bloody Sterling.

His best player doesnt fit his style and his a perma crock.

His other best players are great or invisible depending on the week.

The man has spent big twice and got a fantastic and good player out of it. Other than that its been the same shit not getting players by playing silly bastards over a couple of million then spending more on the other options.While having to balance the books at the other end

Its a fucking joke

He needs to say that publicly, because so far he's said the owners have been totally supportive.

If he limps out of this job without saying FSG are cunts then he's going to damage his reputation as a top manager. Why?

Don't forget, Klopp signed a new contract.  He knows how the owners operate.  He had plenty of chances to ask questions before signing his contract.  Unless you're telling me the owners pulled the wool over his eyes by telling him one thing and doing another, and he was gullible enough to fall for it?  It's bollocks in my opinion.  Klopp signed a new deal knowing the conditions he was working under.  If it doesn't work, for whatever reason, then he can move on, but to then blame the club seems a bit silly.  

I'm hoping Klopp can get this sorted in the summer.  I still believe him when he says there's money available.  

• Upvote 3

You're right, Stringvest, I don't watch the football anymore. However, I don't need to watch current football to appreciate that, overall, Benitez was a very good Liverpool manager. I don't need to watch current football to know that neither you or I really know what went on behind closed doors during his time here and that passing supposition off as fact is pointless. I don't need to watch current football to realise that it would be extremely unlikely that FSG would ever bring him back.

You attend a handful of games per season, do you not? I presume you don't buy official club merchandise, etc. The truth is, in FSG eyes, your views are only slightly less inconsequential than mine.

I'll have gone to more than a handful by the end of the season Tone, but you're right about the merch.  I buy my half and half scarves from outside the ground.  To FSG, all of our views are inconsequential, but I'm not sure that's relevant in deciding whether Klopp goes or stays.

Like your favourite ex-manager, Klopp signed a new contract, knowing full well the modus operandi of the owners.  So, unless you're trying to convince me that both managers are naive and/or thick, we're left with the very likely scenario where the managers know full well the conditions they are working under, and they either succeed under those conditions, or they fail and get the boot.  

There are other possibilities, of course; they might decide they've had enough and want to get out, or they come to the conclusion that they will not be able to succeed, in these cases they will choose to bail using whatever method they believe will be most beneficial to them.   

I believe if Klopp does come to that conclusion, it will be a sad day for the club.  

What Hamann says in that article is just blatantly obvious isn't it? We need a new left back? Really, Didi, how on earth did you come to that conclusion?

Lost all respect for him when he started going on about respecting Thatcher on Twitter.

that's the trouble with Germans.  three pints of strong lager and they revert to type.  

What Hamann says in that article is just blatantly obvious isn't it? We need a new left back? Really, Didi, how on earth did you come to that conclusion?

Lost all respect for him when he started going on about respecting Thatcher on Twitter.

He's just another drunkard with a platform.

I'll have gone to more than a handful by the end of the season Tone, but you're right about the merch. I buy my half and half scarves from outside the ground. To FSG, all of our views are inconsequential, but I'm not sure that's relevant in deciding whether Klopp goes or stays.

Like your favourite ex-manager, Klopp signed a new contract, knowing full well the modus operandi of the owners. So, unless you're trying to convince me that both managers are naive and/or thick, we're left with the very likely scenario where the managers know full well the conditions they are working under, and they either succeed under those conditions, or they fail and get the boot.

There are other possibilities, of course; they might decide they've had enough and want to get out, or they come to the conclusion that they will not be able to succeed, in these cases they will choose to bail using whatever method they believe will be most beneficial to them.

I believe if Klopp does come to that conclusion, it will be a sad day for the club.

I agree with most of that but you're wrong about Benitez being my favourite ex-manager. I'd rank him third or fourth.

I don't believe for one second that Klopp has got himself into this without knowing exactly what the situation was. If he's saying the squads his now but he doesn't really believe it is his then he's lying to us. If he says it's his decision not to buy players in January but the money is there if he wanted to but actually he has no control over any of that then again he's lying to us.

I don't believe he's lying to us at all.

Klopp is our biggest asset.

Here's one for you. If Klopp doesn't win anything after 3 full seasons which will be almost 4 full seasons but there has been year on year improvement on the pitch. Defence improved, at least one top 4 finish. Should he be fired or should we break from that tradition given how long it's been since we won the league and keep him on?

Here's one for you. If Klopp doesn't win anything after 3 full seasons which will be almost 4 full seasons but there has been year on year improvement on the pitch. Defence improved, at least one top 4 finish. Should he be fired or should we break from that tradition given how long it's been since we won the league and keep him on?

Well we're going to go through an awful lot of managers if we're going to fuck them off after 3 full seasons if they havent won the title.

I know someone posted stats to show if you dont win the title within 3 seasons, a manager is unlikely to do so but fucking hell, how realistic given the football landscape today with megabucks city and chelsea not to mention manchester united and arsenal ahead of us?

• Upvote 1

I'm 100% behind Klopp at this moment in time and I think he's the very best we could get and is in the top 5 managers in the world, he not however exempted from criticism for this season, for whatever reason he hasn't bought well enough or addressed the glaring holes in our squad, when we're good we're the best in the league to watch but when we're not on it, it's painful to watch.

When Klopp does decide to leave or is sacked hopefully we'll be in a better position to attract another top class manager or we'll be searching, again, for the "new" somebody.

Without the financial backing that the other top teams have, we need a manager who's on the cusp of something special that reinvents the way the game is played, like Wenger in 97, Klopp from 2010, Guardiola 09, Simeone a few years ago. Somebody who's done ok somewhere else but comes here playing a style that nobody else plays and nobody can cope with it. I do however think Klopp will get it right here, he's said himself that it's a long game here. Like someone else has said, maybe he thought he could drag this shower of shit squad over the line himself and attract and buy better players with CL football but maybe has been let down or severely overestimated this squads capabilities.

• Upvote 1

I don't want Klopp sacked, I just want him to know how serious we take the matter of not winning the title for decades. He seems happy to laugh off these defeats, and I know he's not REALLY happy, but....

It's not his fault we haven't won it in decades and he shouldn't be judged on that criteria.
  • Upvote 2

Assuming that's all.achieved with the usual piss poor expenditure under fsg then absolutely keep him on. Like Fuck he would be sticking round though.

We can't have simultaneously wasted shit loads of money on shite and had no money to spend.

At some point we're going to have to pick one and stick with it.

Depends. What's the German for "par"?