You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hull (A) - Saturday, 4th February 2017 - Livin' easy, Lovin' free, Season ticket on a one way ride....

Nelly-Szoboszlai

Hate to say it, but we do kind of need a plan B, don't we? Teams are defending very narrow and forcing us to cross it and whilst Firmino is decent in the air for his size, he's never going to consistently beat big cunt CB's in the air and his pressing/playmaking responsibilities mean that he often can't get in good positions when the ball is out wide. A target-man with a good touch is something we could really use right now. 

New target-man with good touch, Firmino and Origi would be a versatile strikeforce and then you add another quick wide player to that and we'd be far better equipped to deal with deep-defending teams, Imo.

That's precisely the same issue we have when teams defend in numbers and there's no option to break against them, and trying to pass the ball into the net is nigh on impossible with 11 men behind the ball. But, the old 'big man' up front is deemed very old fashioned, and there's not many Drogba / Costa types of physical player with skill, and even less open to a transfer. There are poor imitations like Benteke and Lukaku, but they really are quite poor.

I think Klopp's ok with having physical players in his squad, providing they have the pace and skill too, but there simply aren't any available.

Someone mentioned before - the top teams believe they can beat Liverpool, and that often plays into your hands as they tend to come out attacking and give you space behind them, while the lesser teams are already setting out to contain / frustrate you. For these sorts of games, that plan B is needed, or rather a different approach from the start. Either to sit back and hope they take the bait - so you can counter attack, or to have more muscle up front who can dominate in the air or throw some weight around.

That's precisely the same issue we have when teams defend in numbers and there's no option to break against them, and trying to pass the ball into the net is nigh on impossible with 11 men behind the ball. But, the old 'big man' up front is deemed very old fashioned, and there's not many Drogba / Costa types of physical player with skill, and even less open to a transfer. There are poor imitations like Benteke and Lukaku, but they really are quite poor.

I think Klopp's ok with having physical players in his squad, providing they have the pace and skill too, but there simply aren't any available.

Someone mentioned before - the top teams believe they can beat Liverpool, and that often plays into your hands as they tend to come out attacking and give you space behind them, while the lesser teams are already setting out to contain / frustrate you. For these sorts of games, that plan B is needed, or rather a different approach from the start. Either to sit back and hope they take the bait - so you can counter attack, or to have more muscle up front who can dominate in the air or throw some weight around.

It's alright saying this is where we need Benteke or carroll (I realise you haven't said this above) but we had them and we were just as useless as we were today.

It's all about attitude in these games and it's right throughout the club.

We don't take these games seriously enough because we think we're better than all these teams because we won a load of trophies 30-40 years ago.

Every game is 3 points. We have lost sight of this long ago and we're not closer to realising it.

Yes, I remember City would absolutely batter the small-fry's of the league 3-4 years ago when you guys had a really nice combo of strikers like Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, Negredo, etc.. Aguero and Tevez could play through teams and combined well with Silva and Nasri and then Dzeko, Negredo and Balotelli could hold the ball up and stand in the box whilst you peppered teams with crosses. 

That was a really nice balance and it's something we really need. That Dolberg kid at Ajax looks like one of those really talented bigger strikers that we could use. 

I would keep Klavan as a back up central defender. Matip plus a top centre back to come in. Klavan and Gomez as back ups. Bin Lovren.

Other than that minor point I agree with most of the analysis above. Oh, I'd also keep Henderson. He's a decent player. The problem is he's not good with Can in the team. Get rid of Can. I'd keep Karius as there's improvement to come there, but I'd sign Handanovic to replace Mignolet.

Goalkeeper - Handanovic

Left Back - Luke Shaw (but they probably wouldn't deal with us)

Centre Back - Tah

Midfielder - Dahoud, or Kessie if we can get him

Winger - Pulisic or Brandt

Striker - Inaki Williams (can also play wide forward and give us great pace opposite Mane)

Mignolet out, Sakho out, Can out, Sturridge out with four better replacements. Plus two other signings at left back and winger.

Would be a big summer but it is doable, or something similar.

I would keep Klavan as a back up central defender. Matip plus a top centre back to come in. Klavan and Gomez as back ups. Bin Lovren.

Other than that minor point I agree with most of the analysis above. Oh, I'd also keep Henderson. He's a decent player. The problem is he's not good with Can in the team. Get rid of Can. I'd keep Karius as there's improvement to come there, but I'd sign Handanovic to replace Mignolet.

Goalkeeper - Handanovic

Left Back - Luke Shaw (but they probably wouldn't deal with us)

Centre Back - Tah

Midfielder - Dahoud, or Kessie if we can get him

Winger - Pulisic or Brandt

Striker - Inaki Williams (can also play wide forward and give us great pace opposite Mane)

Too many youngsters listed there, it's not what we need.  A large part of the problem is that our "senior players" are fucking shite in the main

That Dolberg kid at Ajax looks like one of those really talented bigger strikers that we could use.

He looks boss so far but he's still so young. Still gets caught offside too easily for a start. It would probably ruin his career if he moved to us already. He may well be a top class striker in the future though.

You may be right on the youngsters, but I think that's the way Klopp likes to work, and the owners have shown a preference for signing younger players too.

It will be interesting to see what happens. We need six players in the positions I named, plus four will be leaving (likely more than that, but four high profile ones).

You may be right on the youngsters, but I think that's the way Klopp likes to work, and the owners have shown a preference for signing younger players too.

It will be interesting to see what happens. We need six players in the positions I named, plus four will be leaving (likely more than that, but four high profile ones).

I'd be fine with a young left back and a young winger but the defender, midfielder (I think we probably need two) and especially the striker need to be of proper stature for me

Can we finally get rid of Lallana and Henderson? Chuck in Clyne and can Can. I won't label them shithouses but they're midtable at best and they reflect our midtable status. It. Hurts.

Don't rope Lallana or Clyne in with those gobshites.  Ever since Coutinho has got back we've been gash.  Lallana and Clyne were instrumental to our best performances.  

Can I agree, should be released.

Opinions, Origi is one of the first useless cunts I'd get rid of whilst idiots still think he is worth more than a packet of crisps.

Why pick on Origi who scored 5 in 5 before Klopp started fucking around with him? He has hardly played yet is the only player who actually does score when given the chance. Our problems lie behind the forward line,even though that needs strengthening too. I am still bamboozled at no signings at all,even just squad players,in the transfer window just past. I would like to know if this is Klopp or the owners choice as whoever did it has massively underestimated the shithousery we have on the playing staff. Its got to be time for any talented youngsters to get more game time as the so called experienced players have let the club down yet again.

If chelsea push ahead with that planned rebuilding of their shithole of a ground and, it is funded by abramovic (£900m!?) Im not sure they're going to be in any pissing contest. If wenger does go, I could see them splashing the cash big time under a new manager.

Our best bet is probably to fuck the cups and Europe off for 3 to 4 years and lump on winning the title. We're unlikely to be able to build a squad to compete in Europe and win the league at the same time. Arsenal have tried it for what, 10 years and failed, we've got nowhere near the budget they have.

Neutrals wont be bothered about a pissing contest though.

I disagree.

I think our best chance of glory, and CL football, is by winning domestic cups, qualifying for, then winning the EL, and getting CL football that way.

Why pick on Origi who scored 5 in 5 before Klopp started fucking around with him? He has hardly played yet is the only player who actually does score when given the chance. Our problems lie behind the forward line,even though that needs strengthening too. I am still bamboozled at no signings at all,even just squad players,in the transfer window just past. I would like to know if this is Klopp or the owners choice as whoever did it has massively underestimated the shithousery we have on the playing staff. Its got to be time for any talented youngsters to get more game time as the so called experienced players have let the club down yet again.

Can't believe people are giving up on Origi already. It's like people are surprised when a 21 year old doesn't look good or sharp when all he's getting are sporadic 15 minute sub appearances. The fact is, when he's given a decent run of games, he'll score goals. We've already witnessed this twice now in his short career here.  

Don't rope Lallana or Clyne in with those gobshites. Ever since Coutinho has got back we've been gash. Lallana and Clyne were instrumental to our best performances.

Can I agree, should be released.

Nope, for the amount of possession Clyne gets his output is terrible. They both are imbued with a midtable mentality and need to go along with our captain and the broken down Rolls Royce
  • Upvote 1

Nope, for the amount of possession Clyne gets his output is terrible. They both are imbued with a midtable mentality and need to go along with our captain and the broken down Rolls Royce

Clyne is a victim of being asked to do a job he can't do all that well...he is a decent right back who defends ok and can move the ball into midfield comfortably enough...what he isn't much cop at is being responsible for our attacking width.

• Upvote 1