You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hull (A) - Saturday, 4th February 2017 - Livin' easy, Lovin' free, Season ticket on a one way ride....

Nelly-Szoboszlai

I'm just wondering how long is it going to be before we have another Stoke mauling as it's going to come if we keep this up.

Sooner or later we are going to come across a side that will set up like everyone else but will also have the brians and pace to pick us off .

I dont know what he does, he comes into the back four to receive the ball and then lays it off 5 yards. If he isnt doing that he's pointing to people where they should play it, all the while having no clue about his positioning and players running behind him on his blindside.

I agree, but I honestly do think that as his best performance this season.  Him, Mane and Clyne were the only non-atrocious players today. 

We are a total laughing stock.

We are in full blown crisis and no mistake.

I'm afraid Klopp is as one dimensional and predictable as his team is, he appears to have absolutely no idea how to stem this slump let alone turn it around.

We're in free fall and a seventh place finish behind the Blueshite becomes more likely with each passing week.

Let's see how many of Klopp's select targets will want to come here then.

Please let the Chinese or someone with some ambition save us from this purgatory.

• Upvote 3

It's sad, but it happens. Cycles.

We had our good days. Maybe we need to lower our expectations? The odd title challenge once every 4 or 5 seasons. Getting in the Champions League. Maybe the odd cup?

Because, let's be honest, it's going to take hundreds of millions to overhaul our squad. FSG simply don't have that money.

And, the squad is rotten. To the core. Too many average players. Too many of our better players are hot or very, very cold players, lacking in consistency.

We need a new keeper. Clyne aside, and maybe Matip, we need the rest of the back four upgrading and one or two to cover. The midfeld isn't top level. We still need that holder. And players to put pressure on Henderson and Wijnaldum or relegate them to squad players.

The attacking players, Coutinho (although out of form and Mane are good enough. Firmino is the personification of the hot or very cold point, we have absolutely no goalscorer. We need about 3 or 4 in this position too.

Then the manager. I'm not losing faith yet. He's doing some things right, but he's also getting some things very, very, very wrong. But, I genuinely feel his hands are still a bit tied and he's trying to get the best out of some average players and some mentally weak characters.

As it stands, the summer is massive. We've a squeak of top 4. But, equally, if we carry on as we are, you'd struggle to make a case for us getting another 15 points all season.

I just don't see the money being there for us to get back to where we need to be anytime soon.

Trying to clear a whole squad in one window with no transfer budget, yea like that was ever going to happen.

This is Rodgers squad with a few players added on a sell to buy basis, that's the reality of it.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

Does he have to play exactly the same tactics as rodgers? There is no difference between us at our best and us at our worst under rodgers and Klopp. Same formation, same tactics, same laurel and Hardy defending.

Ok there's one difference. Klopp had us playing as well as rodgers had but Klopp didn't have Suarez.

Defensively though it's just as bad.

Playing with a 1 be it Henderson or Gerrard costs us too many goals and I really don't understand why we're still doing it.

We are simply not good enough. We have won one trophy in 10 years. We mock Chelsea about having no history whilst they waltz to a league title. We think we are still a big side when we are not. For a decade we have been mid table mediocrity with the odd cup run. It probably shouldn't come as a surprise as this has been the rule rather than the exception. Unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 7

We are a total laughing stock.

We are in full blown crisis and no mistake.

I'm afraid Klopp is as one dimensional and predictable as his team is, he appears to have absolutely no idea how to stem this slump let alone turn it around.

We're in free fall and a seventh place finish behind the Blueshite becomes more likely with each passing week.

Let's see how many of Klopp's select targets will want to come here then.

Please let the Chinese or someone with some ambition save us from this purgatory.

Hardly a laughing stock, but like Arsenal, you play some amazing football - AT TIMES....

But the expectation level at Liverpool is so high, or rather the yearning to be back at the very top is so deep that when there's a glimmer of hope, you start believing again, typically allowing the heart to rule the head.

Arsenal are much the same.

If there's a much mentioned criticism of Liverpool, it's that - the eagerness to believe 'this year' could be it. Every set of fans has traits, and that's yours. It's not a criticism.

You could make a case that City fans lack believe and still think like a smaller club. It takes a couple of generations (possibly longer) to change the mentality of an entire fanbase.

Despite all of that, Liverpool do still an impressive number of trophies, so from an outsider's point of view, the 'mocking' is simply that you don't win everything you'd like to. That's just normal rivalry.

A laughing stock? - nah. Not even close.

Most other clubs would like at least 4-5 of your players and would kill for your manager, and you're still in the top 4. 

I dont know what he does, he comes into the back four to receive the ball and then lays it off 5 yards. If he isnt doing that he's pointing to people where they should play it, all the while having no clue about his positioning and players running behind him on his blindside.

The ball for Clyne when he should have cut back on his left and had a shot? That's what he does.

Henderson is not the problem. It's the formation.

If we want to continue playing this formation then we need an absolutely brilliant defensive midfielder to save us from being counter attacked to death and someone who can organise us at set pieces.

A new keeper might be the answer to the last bit.

Lucas is awful but Matip didn't cover himself in glory the last 2 games. Teams can run through the middle of us the way we used to run through them.

Maybe we need to do what they're doing. Only thing is they'll probably destroy us with balls into our box from wide.

Terrible the way all these teams probably have more answers to in game problems than we do.

Don't really know what to say. The league went ages ago and while January was rubbish, I expected us to regroup and go on a good run and solidify top four. Unfortunately the rot continues.

2017 has shown us that we just can't trust this team. Obviously previous seasons showed that too, but I really thought some grit and fight was coming back under Klopp. It wasn't perfect up until the New Year, but it was very good, and we showed plenty of bottle. I honestly thought we were putting this sort of stuff behind us, for the most part, but now there are so many questions after what we've seen in 2017.

Goalkeeper

Left back

Centre back

Midfielder

Winger

Striker

Lot of business to do in summer.

They wont.

• Upvote 1

Klopp's tactics have absolutely been snuffed out and he would appear to not have an answer to getting the upper hand back again. If he continues to show faith in the methods that appear to be failing against the so called 'lesser teams' then questions would have to be asked of his willingness to make changes to tactics/methods/systems that don't work and replace them with ones that may work as an alternative.

The ball for Clyne when he should have cut back on his left and had a shot? That's what he does.

If we want to continue playing this formation then we need an absolutely brilliant defensive midfielder to save us from being counter attacked to death and someone who can organise us at set pieces.

Lucas is awful but Matip didn't cover himself in glory the last 2 games. Teams can run through the middle of us the way we used to run through them.

Maybe we need to do what they're doing. Only thing is they'll probably destroy us with balls into our box from wide.

Terrible the way all these teams probably have more answers to in game problems than we do.

Shit teams don't have the luxury of playing intricate football. They have squads that pick themselves and if they are to survive in the PL they have to set up the only way they can against better players by packing the defense and looking to make quick breaks

Playing narrow the way we do and not stretching the pitch makes their life easy. At times we over commit largely out of frustration and with players like Lucas who are  slow as fuck we can be picked off . Klopp is really pissing me off with his insistence in playing this way

I am convinced he thought today with Mane back he could do what he did early season,

Being resolute and keeping the faith can be admirable quality but its a fine line between this and being bloody minded, We have the players capable of playing differently, It might be less exiting , more conventional but it cannot be worse than the mess we are seeing week in week out with the players looking shell shocked,.    

I love it how you got on Matip's back so quickly. That's his 3rd game since being out for what, 7 weeks?