You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hull (A) - Saturday, 4th February 2017 - Livin' easy, Lovin' free, Season ticket on a one way ride....

Nelly-Szoboszlai

Fucking shit result. I know I won't be but I honestly feel like I'm done with football, at least today anyway, I normally watch every game on tv and I can't even be bothered to watch Spurs.

We're on a dismal run of form, this is as bad a run as I can remember and it looks like we have no solutions how to fix it. Our squad is now being shown up for the spineless pieces of shit that they are. There's literally only a handful of players worth keeping, whoever said we've got 12 worth keeping is crazy. Matip, Milner, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino are about the only ones who remotely show any glimpses of genuine class. The rest can do one.

Guest Pistonbroke

I bought the new football manager last night. Can't be arsed with it or football at all right now. Another weekend ruined. I might have to start drinking again.

Oh yeah, and if us and Palace had won, I'd have won 13 grand.

I just nipped to the shops and got a crate, it is the only way to deal with this shit. Well that and the fact I'm on a promise. 

I bought the new football manager last night. Can't be arsed with it or football at all right now. Another weekend ruined. I might have to start drinking again.

Oh yeah, and if us and Palace had won, I'd have won 13 grand.

Put the editor on and downgrade all our players mental attributes to 1.

It'll make it more realistic and make you feel better at the same time.

Guest Pistonbroke

Time to start playing 3 5 2

Against the teams that pack the defence, yes. We have enough players who are versatile enough (crap yes, but versatile) to revert back to a flat back 4 in-game should the opposition change their own tactics after going behind etc. 

I love it how you got on Matip's back so quickly. That's his 3rd game since being out for what, 7 weeks?

Again it's not his fault. He has 2 full backs too far up the pitch and Henderson might be in the right position in front of him but too often they just run right through us.

He was shite today and the other night and he has been great on other occasions but the fact he does seem to get injured a lot might not bode well.

Time to start playing 3 5 2

We've nobody capable of playing the left side wingback role, don't think Milner has the legs and Morenos a fucking moron plus playing 3 centre backs means we'd have 1 extra idiot next to Matip instead of the usual 1. Matip Lovren Klaven has disaster all over it Matip Lovren Lucas even more so. Matip Lovren Can would probably work the best on paper but the way Can is playing he'd be a huge liability at the moment.

How fucking gutting that is? Fucking Hull who've struggled all season find the back of our net not once but twice and one of them by a fucking nounce who could hardly get a game at the shyte.

As far as the title goes \ went, chelsea's win against arsenal (who are every bit as bad of us) made this game from that perspective pretty irrelevant.

But, it looks like we need a massive rebuilding exercise in the summer. Again.

Klopp really needs to address the keeper position and by that, I mean getting fucking shut of achterberg. Even if he brings in Neuer, that cunt would ruin him in less than 5 training sessions. We need a new keeper coach as much as we need a keeper who can save us upto 10 points a season. I dont see mignolet or karius as the answer.

We need a reliable centre back partner for Matip. We need a midfield destroyer to protect the back 4 and we need a new striker. Most of all, we need a few cunts who'll win and win dirty if they have to.

Spot on. Thing that bothers me is that we've had the same glaring issues for years but they are never addressed.

Put the editor on and downgrade all our players mental attributes to 1.

It'll make it more realistic and make you feel better at the same time.

I was going to use the editor to delete Klopp and add myself as him because I'm a dweeb like that but I think I'll just start in the lower leagues now instead.

I just nipped to the shops and got a crate, it is the only way to deal with this shit. Well that and the fact I'm on a promise.

I'm trying to stay off the drink and it's a good 20 minutes walk to the shop so I think I'll succeed, but since I've stopped drinking, we've stopped winning, so need to knock this sobriety lark on the head post haste.

Moreno would at least be a little less catastrophic out on the wing in the middle of the park.

However, normally, when a new formation is mooted on here, i get all excited and post my new team for the foreseeable.

Tonight, there shall be no such scribbling.

How would you re-arrange the contents of this side to fundamentally change their overall shithouseness?

How would 5 in the middle stop Mignolet being the the one finned clapping seal that he is?

Impossibru, as the man says..

I simply don't give a fuck.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm trying to stay off the drink and it's a good 20 minutes walk to the shop so I think I'll succeed, but since I've stopped drinking, we've stopped winning, so need to knock this sobriety lark on the head post haste.

In the big scheme of things I've had bugger all to drink for the last 6 months, the bastards broke my will today. 

Spot on. Thing that bothers me is that we've had the same glaring issues for years but they are never addressed.

I think that's in part due to the ethos all our managers are expected to play the game, the 'Liverpool way.' We always expect our managers to turn our team out to play good attacking football but that's not enough.

In the 'old days' we used to win ugly. We had a few players who could mix it when needed like smith, case, souness. By mix it I dont just mean taking a foul for the team, I mean leaving a foot in and in the right part of the pitch (ie far enough inside the oppos half so we dont have a free kick to face on the edge of our box) to let the oppo know we wont be fucked about.

We've played some great football this season which will probably get lost in the recriminations. But, we've also tried to play 'pretty' football when we're up against dogshit sides who just want to sit deep or who dont play quite the cultured football we like. Personally, I think the defeat at bournemouth is far worse than today (who got absolutely fucking battered by the shyte today incidentally).

Im not arsed about European football and think like Dave, we wont win the title while we have that as a distraction. I do recognise that makes it a lot harder to attract the players we need to win the title in the first place though.

Im more than happy for Klopp to gut this team \ squad and hope the owners throw him pots of money in the summer.

Guest Pistonbroke

The run we have had in the league is fucking relegation form, 12 out of 15 points dropped since our victory against Man City! 

Yet we are still only 4 points behind 2nd place Spurs (as their game stands), 1 behind Arsenal, 3 behind City if they win tomorrow and still 1 ahead of the Mancs if they win, obviously more if they don't. It just shows you how shit this league is, loads of bizarre scorelines this season and mostly off the back of defensive tactics and a lack of effort to change things about to counteract that. 

Good opportunity to throw gomez in today.

He had his first choice rb, lb and cb so could have put him in. Even could have put Lucas or Stewart in front of him as added protection.

He just got a 5 year contract. Has a chance to strike up a partnership with Matip but Klopp opted for Lucas who was as bad as you'd think he'd be.

Guest Pistonbroke

Good opportunity to throw gomez in today.

He had his first choice rb, lb and cb so could have put him in. Even could have put Lucas or Stewart in front of him as added protection.

He just got a 5 year contract. Has a chance to strike up a partnership with Matip but Klopp opted for Lucas who was as bad as you'd think he'd be.

I think he plays Lucas there as he thinks Lucas can bring the ball out of defence due to being a natural midfielder. Stupid stuff really as Lucas is slow and a vulnerability for opposition teams to target wherever he plays. Also, Hull were always going to park the bus and defend deep, hardly difficult for any defender to come out with the ball once we had possession and Hull dropped back to plan.