You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander Arnold

Arl arse

4 hours ago, John102 said:

Given he is one of the leadership group, its surprising to hear that he has little interest in footy, is largely interested in drinking and getting birds and was largely stroppy in the academy. 

Fair play to him.

1 minute ago, John102 said:

It's in this thread. Unless I'm misquouting. Someone said they spoke to a youth coach, could be former youth coach and Trent is all about the goosing

Ok.

Based on his general appearance on the field I guess there could be all sorts of things wrong.

Apart from that, no offence, I choose to take rumours based on someone on an internet forum, that may have been misquoted after (alledgedly) speaking to an unknown youth coach with a pinch of salt.

On 16/03/2023 at 10:59, Aventus said:

I've mentioned it before in another thread.

A friend of mine had a conversation with one of the youth team coaches a few months back. He was saying that the club are worried about Trent, his mind is completely away from football most of the time, he's spending too much time on the ale and chasing pussy. They don't know what they can do to get him back on track. 

Quite possibly going to end up as another case of the fame and fortune going to a young players head and never reaching their full potential. 

One of the posts I was referring to.

I should point out my post was tongue in cheek. I cannot see Trent being in leadership group if these things are true.

I think a lot of the time when young black players are accused of attitude problems, it's to some degree unconscious racism, but that's for another day.

• Upvote 1

Shave his head.

There was a funny thread on twitter the other day from an American lad with a list of top sportsmen whose careers fall off a cliff when they start fucking around with their hair. 

He was mainly concentrating on American sportsmen but as things always go, it took on a serious tone and there was a long list in the end. Trents fallen into the reverse Samson effect and there’s only one way to save him. 

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

He’s always seemed like a bit of a wrong ‘un to me.

Needs to reevaluate himself big time.

Weirdly, I’ve never been able to warm to him fully, even though he often comes across really well in interviews and is a local lad. Strange one

4 hours ago, John102 said:

I should point out my post was tongue in cheek. I cannot see Trent being in leadership group if these things are true.

I think a lot of the time when young black players are accused of attitude problems, it's to some degree unconscious racism, but that's for another day.

In Shanks's day he'd just tell players like that to hurry up and get married. Simpler (and, in a way, stranger) times!

4 hours ago, Aventus said:

Should go old school. 4-4-2, Trent at Right mid, Diaz on the left. Nunez/gakpo and salah/Jota as the classic big man - little man upfront. 

while I would certainly like us to try something. The one big problem here is who would play right back in your team?

5 hours ago, John102 said:

What? There’s plenty of instances of white lads being called lazy. This is absolute bollocks and damaging to identifying true instances of racism which need to be wiped out. Of course, racists will jump on any negative message about someone whose skin colour they have issue with, but those shouts are absolutely mental when made. I heard someone say that Stan Collymore gets grief on Twitter for this same reason. He’s constantly goading people and being outwardly engaging on issues.

For both of the above, see Matt LeTissier

- possibly the laziest cunt I’ve ever seen play top level and gets constant shit for his public views. 

People get called lazy usually if they act lazy or uninterested, not because they’re black or any other skin colour. I hate racism - despise it in every form, but I also fucking hate people labelling things as racist when there is a legitimate argument for the points made. You seeing him different in regards to his skin colour rather than the reason for the criticism is more racist in fact. 

2 hours ago, JagSquared said:

while I would certainly like us to try something. The one big problem here is who would play right back in your team?

Not that i agree with Trent in midfield or that formation, but if we did go that route Gomez would make a perfectly serviceable right back in that formation.

Imo Trent's defending or lack of it, is essentially being shown up because this season, we've lost a world class defensive axis helping him out in Virgil-Matip-Fabinho and Hendo is playing poorly as well.

Robbo can do both and regardless of what's going on with the midfield or the central defence, he rarely has a bad game. He actually seems to enjoy defending, whereas it seems like a chore to Trent. In fairness and in Trent's defence, I wouldn't like it if I'm constantly being analysed for being  mediocre defensively with linited support from the players around me these days.

For that reason, if we sort out our defence and midfield, I actually think Trent will revert to his old self. He'll get his confidence back going forward and he'll be looked after defensively by others. 

Being honest, I can see why Southgate never picked Trent, even when he was playing great stuff with us. Fact is, England then just like us now, are defensively poor so Trent was a liability in a way in which good players like Trippier aren't. They didn't have peak Virgil, an outstanding Matip, or a brilliant Fabinho guarding him. Now, he has mediocrity guarding him and it's highlighting him all the more.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Imo Trent's defending or lack of it, is essentially being shown up because this season, we've lost a world class defensive axis helping him out in Virgil-Matip-Fabinho and Hendo is playing poorly as well.

Robbo can do both and regardless of what's going on with the midfield or the central defence, he rarely has a bad game. He actually seems to enjoy defending, whereas it seems like a chore to Trent. In fairness and in Trent's defence, I wouldn't like it if I'm constantly being analysed for being  mediocre defensively with linited support from the players around me these days.

For that reason, if we sort out our defence and midfield, I actually think Trent will revert to his old self. He'll get his confidence back going forward and he'll be looked after defensively by others. 

Being honest, I can see why Southgate never picked Trent, even when he was playing great stuff with us. Fact is, England then just like us now, are defensively poor so Trent was a liability in a way in which good players like Trippier aren't. They didn't have peak Virgil, an outstanding Matip, or a brilliant Fabinho guarding him. Now, he has mediocrity guarding him and it's highlighting him all the more.

This is bang on and how I would have articulated it if I could!

I would throw in, as per the post replying to this mentions, that his current misgivings have always been there and is only now so prevalent because his gifts seem to have deserted him for whatever reason.

• 1 month later...

Trent’s just been on BBC Breakfast. He’s setting up something to help academy kids who are released and are just left and don’t know what to do after. Was quite a long piece, an outside VT and then talking in the studio for a good 10 minutes. He’s putting in his own money, good on him.

• Upvote 10

I didn’t see the breakfast show bit, did it have something to do with him going to Tranmere’s training ground last week? Can’t think why he’d be there otherwise.

He’s been absolutely brilliant the last few games in that inverted full back role. Starting to agree with @Lee909 that a double pivot with Trent in it is the way forward for us, he’s too good to be shunted around to accommodate players like Henderson and Fabinho.

• Upvote 1