You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dortmund away leg

Origi wears them down and a fresh Sturridge comes on for 30 minutes against a tiring defense, makes sense.

If Sturridge isn't going to break a sweat, he won't be starting long term in a Klopp team.  You simply can't press from the front with a forward who last broke into a sprint 2014.

• Upvote 2

Origi wears them down and a fresh Sturridge comes on for 30 minutes against a tiring defense, makes sense.

If Sturridge isn't going to break a sweat, he won't be starting long term in a Klopp team. You simply can't press from the front with a forward who last broke into a sprint 2014.

Sturridge scores though, Origi doesn't. Away goals could be crucial.

Yep even though Sturridge hasn't broken into a full sprint yet, he's still getting goals and assists for us. His Goal against Southampton was brilliant and I wouldn't back Origi to score that chance. Also his assist against spurs was class even though he was poor for the rest of the game.

Just need some sort of body swap a la Tom Hanks in Big.

As the game kicks off, Origi would sport the biggest titty-lip anyone had ever seen on him and shoddy balance, but then he gets going, sprinting up and down the whole pitch, getting on the end of everything only with decent positioning and shots that don't harm the crowd. He bags 6 majestic goals (plus wiggly-arms), singlehandedly destroying Dortmund to the bemusement of a silent, crestfallen yellow wall.

I hate the European ties not being on Sky - I've put on SSN this morning expecting there to be lots of talk about our game - and it's all golf, boxing and cricket zzzzzz

I love it. I have BT sport but not Sky, so works out well for me (BT Sport is much cheaper, or free for those on BT broadband).

Anyway, I'm not expecting us to get through this tie. Think we'll draw at home before heading out away. No shame in that, Dortmund are basically a high class Champions League team somehow playing in the Europa League.

Once Klopp starts getting in his own players and puts his mark on this team, we'll demolish Dortmund on our way to winning the Champions League in a few years time.

Any news on Firmino?

Roberto Firmino faces fitness test as he bids to face Borussia Dortmund in Thursday's Europa League quarter-final.

The Brazilian has been out since last month with a hamstring injury but has flown to Germany with the squad to prove his fitness.

Jurgen Klopp will make a decision on his availability after a training session at the Westfalenstadion this evening.

I love it. I have BT sport but not Sky, so works out well for me (BT Sport is much cheaper, or free for those on BT broadband).

Anyway, I'm not expecting us to get through this tie. Think we'll draw at home before heading out away. No shame in that, Dortmund are basically a high class Champions League team somehow playing in the Europa League.

Once Klopp starts getting in his own players and puts his mark on this team, we'll demolish Dortmund on our way to winning the Champions League in a few years time.

we re away first.

A lot of people seem to think we re gonna get hammered.

• Upvote 1

Just need some sort of body swap a la Tom Hanks in Big.

As the game kicks off, Origi would sport the biggest titty-lip anyone had ever seen on him and shoddy balance, but then he gets going, sprinting up and down the whole pitch, getting on the end of everything only with decent positioning and shots that don't harm the crowd. He bags 6 majestic goals (plus wiggly-arms), singlehandedly destroying Dortmund to the bemusement of a silent, crestfallen yellow wall.

There's no body swap in Big. 12 year old Josh Baskin makes a wish and turns into a 30 year old man, played by Tom Hanks.

Quim.

• Upvote 5