You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford Away - Sunday 20th Dec 1.30pm

Paco

To be honest this Liverpool tradition of spunking x millions on a team of new players every transfer window and then calling for the team to be scrapped reminds me of the voting system in most European countries.

You vote one crowd in and then seem outraged when they turn out to be crap only for it to happen again with the next lot. Repeat ad nauseum with whoever happens to be in power being heralded the new "worst ever". Nobody seems to system of replacement itself is fucked.

• Upvote 1

Emotion might paint it as different but it's been the same since I started watching us under Houllier. Even in what we now see as the good times under Rafa we were putting in immensely frustrating, sub-par capitulation shows again shite when it really mattered. We only seemed to turn on the style when the pressure was off and we had nothing to lose.

I hate seeing fans calling for the entire team to be scrapped season after season, after spending god knows how much yet again. We need to stop indoctrinating the players into this shite mentality.

Me too, but there is proof all around this league (and there has been for some time) that its not mandatory to spend squillions to get a side rocking*. Players with raw hunger would help massively here. We are being outclogged first and foremost, and we dont have ANY players with the required brilliance to offset that.

*Unless you are the Rodgers type.

To be honest this Liverpool tradition of spunking x millions on a team of new players every transfer window and then calling for the team to be scrapped reminds me of the voting system in most European countries.

You vote one crowd in and then seem outraged when they turn out to be crap only for it to happen again with the next lot. Repeat ad nauseum with whoever happens to be in power being heralded the new "worst ever". Nobody seems to system of replacement itself is fucked.

We are just horrendous in the transfer market.

The very thing that FSG most want to exploit.

Its quite poetic really.

^^^^constant transition.

That said this time with a manager of this calibre it is time to just bite the bullet one more time and clear out all the malingering shite from previous eras and start a brand new one with a new culture, a new mentality and a better plan.

We can't expect most of the mediocre shite we have assmebled to get us to where we want to be.

Let the new man build it again in his image.

• Upvote 3

Me too, but there is proof all around this league (and there has been for some time) that its not mandatory to spend squillions to get a side rocking*. Players with raw hunger would help massively here. We are being outclogged first and foremost, and we dont have ANY players with the required brilliance to offset that.

*Unless you are the Rodgers type.

It's almost like you think Rodgers was somehow responsible for all this.

Why don't you clarify, as there are one or two hard of hearing gibbons in space yet to discover your thoughts on him.

What sort of striker did they have?

Anthony Modeste and Sven Shipplock, Both your typical hard-running midtable strikers. Firmino made them look good most of the time basically.

Firmino has no excuse. Benteke has been poo here and he is still absolute miles better than these 2

I really hope he does not mean that they are and that he can work with them.

If he does we are fucked.

Good news is i don't think he is stupid and he must know they aren't and the rebuild starts in a couple of weeks time.

A new spine.

Yes he will know most of them are average at best but until he has cash and replacements ready there is no point in throwing them under a bus, Rodgers stupidly did that with Carroll .

I think hes also being fair in giving these lads every chance to step up but I'm certain by now quite a few of them will be crossed off his list, He wont be judged on his achievments this season , If we could pick up the CC this time I would be delighted

Yes he will know most of them are average at best but until he has cash and replacements ready there is no point in throwing them under a bus, Rodgers stupidly did that with Carroll .

I think hes also being fair in giving these lads every chance to step up but I'm certain by now quite a few of them will be crossed off his list, He wont be judged on his achievments this season , If we could pick up the CC this time I would be delighted

I honestly think our situation is more dire than that and therefore needs a more drastic fix...this isn't just an over reaction to todays result or the fact we have gained 1 point from the last 9...i have said all season we have a squad chocker with mediocrity and lacking so many traits a good side need (we all know what they are)

A major clearout is the only answer for me...one that starts straight away - waiting and seeing isn't gonna get us sorted.

Most of the shower we have aren't fit to wear the shirt - rip it up start again.

I'd be worried if Klopp couldn't get more out of most of our current players. That's his job as manager. Ranieri has got some average players playing out of their skin and they're top of the league. Pardew doing a similar job with Palace. The cash injection into the PL is probably the worst thing to happen to us in years. Now shit clubs have big money and they spend it more wisely.

Not having a pop at Klopp but if it's going to take years for us to get anywhere then something isn't right and any hope of glory years returning will be reliant on some oil tycoon taking over.

It's almost like you think Rodgers was somehow responsible for all this.

Why don't you clarify, as there are one or two hard of hearing gibbons in space yet to discover your thoughts on him.

And there's me thinking i'd been quite restrained since he left.

I guess it all just came foaming to the surface again.

I'll just console myself in the knowledge that in March 2013 i called him as a fraud.

I'd be worried if Klopp couldn't get more out of most of our current players. That's his job as manager. Ranieri has got some average players playing out of their skin and they're top of the league. Pardew doing a similar job with Palace. The cash injection into the PL is probably the worst thing to happen to us in years. Now shit clubs have big money and they spend it more wisely.

Not having a pop at Klopp but if it's going to take years for us to get anywhere then something isn't right and any hope of glory years returning will be reliant on some oil tycoon taking over.

Agreed, I think the squad is dreadful and has no balance, but even then losing a combined 5-0 to Newcastle and Watford is unacceptable and Klopp should absolutely do better. As i said, Klopp now has a worst record than Rodgers this season and rightly or wrongly that is not a good look for him.

Agreed, I think the squad is dreadful and has no balance, but even then losing a combined 5-0 to Newcastle and Watford is unacceptable and Klopp should absolutely do better. As i said, Klopp now has a worst record than Rodgers this season and rightly or wrongly that is not a good look for him.

The fact that we have torn City and Chelsea new arseholes this season with Klopp shows the ability is there but the losses to Newcastle and Watford show how 'fair weather' and spineless those same players can be just weeks later. 

It looks like Klopp saying that he wasn't signing any more players was a bit of an excuse for them to drop their performances and coast their way through the following games. I just hope that Klopp was simply being a bit deceptive and this will prove to be incorrect in the following weeks and surprise us all!

It needs to happen more now than ever.

Firmino is a real problem for me. He's not physically up to it, is slow and doesn't seem to do anything. He's had the odd bright moment since he's been here but for the money we paid for him I was expecting a lot more. Benteke is another waste of money. Had we paid about £15M for the pair of them I'd be ok with them being around but we've paid about £60M for them. I don't know how much Vardy and Mahrez cost Leicester but I'm sure it's a fraction of what we paid for Benteke and Firmino. 

My biggest concern with Firmino is actually the one game that he did turn it on for.

After the City game I was thinking 'OK so he's needed some time to settle but it looks like we've got ourselves a player here after all.'  Now I find myself wondering if we've got the sterotypical foreign player who turns it on for the big games but can't be arsed on the proverbial wet Tuesday night in Scunthorpe.  If it's the latter you'd have to hope Klopp won't be having any of it but then he apparently rates the lad highly based on his time in Germany; I can only assume that he didn't spend much of it looking as disinterested and borderline clueless as he has for much of his time here so far.

The fact that we have torn City and Chelsea new arseholes this season with Klopp shows the ability is there but the losses to Newcastle and Watford show how 'fair weather' and spineless those same players can be just weeks later. 

It looks like Klopp saying that he wasn't signing any more players was a bit of an excuse for them to drop their performances and coast their way through the following games. I just hope that Klopp was simply being a bit deceptive and this will prove to be incorrect in the following weeks and surprise us all!

It needs to happen more now than ever.

Frankly, I don't think mauling Chelsea and City mean's a damn thing. Anybody can beat anybody in football. Borussia Monchengladbach beat Bayern 3-1 2 weeks ago and lost 5-0 to Leverkusen a week later. My point is average teams (like us and Monchengladbach) will occasionally get shock results, then they fall back down to earth.

The good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat and we don't.