You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford Away - Sunday 20th Dec 1.30pm

Paco

Kloppholic ‏@Kloppholic  2h2 hours ago

Been told by @SamuelAdams89, that a club medic saw a different side to Klopp and Buvac after yesterday's defeat.

@SamuelAdams89 Buvac was the only one who spoke to the players, as Klopp passed the dressing room with his head down in disappointment. #LFC

@SamuelAdams89 Players have been told that the hard work starts now, each and every one of the players are fighting for their futures.

Let's hope this is true.  Get the leather trench coat and the truncheon out.  And the flame-throwers.  And release the hounds.  

• Upvote 1

We'll probably hump Leicester 4 or 5 nil. Fucking typical of us.

Absolutely no chance. We've more chance of being turned over by 4 goals.

Leicester must be looking forward to this. No pressure on them at all, enjoying every minute of this, every extra win is a bonus, and they can play 'easy', as Klopp put it. Nice and compact, balls over the top for Vardy or balls into feet for Mahrez.

Not only am I going to put money on Leicester, I'm going to have a dabble on the first goal being a penalty. Vardy in like a crack-rat behind the defence, and then tripping over the out-stretched jungle-vine legs of Sakho or Skrtel or Kolo, or being clattered by Mignolet or Bogdan.

We'll probably hump Leicester 4 or 5 nil. Fucking typical of us.

I'd almost guarantee it. Countinho motm.

Then abject defeat to Sunderland and West Ham in tactical masterclasses by Fat Sam and Bilic.

Win when we are expected to lose, roll over when we expect an easy win. Seen it over and over again, expect to see it many times in the future. It's the new Liverpool way.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Leicester must be looking forward to this. No pressure on them at all, enjoying every minute of this, every extra win is a bonus, and they can play 'easy', as Klopp put it. Nice and compact, balls over the top for Vardy or balls into feet for Mahrez.

Not only am I going to put money on Leicester, I'm going to have a dabble on the first goal being a penalty. Vardy in like a crack-rat behind the defence, and then tripping over the out-stretched jungle-vine legs of Sakho or Skrtel or Kolo, or being clattered by Mignolet or Bogdan.

Hope that bet bites you in the arse.

Kloppholic ‏@Kloppholic 2h2 hours ago

Been told by @SamuelAdams89, that a club medic saw a different side to Klopp and Buvac after yesterday's defeat.

@SamuelAdams89 Buvac was the only one who spoke to the players, as Klopp passed the dressing room with his head down in disappointment. #LFC

@SamuelAdams89 Players have been told that the hard work starts now, each and every one of the players are fighting for their futures.

If any of that is true then we are probably about to go on a 5 match losing run as the players sulk at not being loved up and recover from crying after the nasty men shouted at them.

I dont think Henderson should be Captain but there is a place for him in a good side once we sign a few.

His absence at our title run was very noticeable.

Back to the Watford game though and its easy to say we need a whole team when we need a small number of the right sort of players,ones with fight and heart and not without quality alongside a decent GK. A good GK will make a big difference to the whole set up.

• Upvote 1

Fucking ray of sunshine you are.

Go and have your bet on Leicester . We will win on Saturday. As has been said its what we do

I dont think Henderson should be Captain but there is a place for him in a good side once we sign a few.

His absence at our title run was very noticeable.

Back to the Watford game though and its easy to say we need a whole team when we need a small number of the right sort of players,ones with fight and heart and not without quality alongside a decent GK. A good GK will make a big difference to the whole set up.

People saying we need an entire new XI and making knee-jerk proclamations that it will take some arbitrary amount of years to get back in the top four is what most makes me want to punch my screen every time we go on a bad run.

• Upvote 2

People are so hung up on the Chelsea, City, wins. Bournemouth beat Chelsea and Man United, I assume they are great as well? Beating those teams proves nothing when you then get spanked by Watford and Newcastle. It's actually hilarious, people talk about those victories like they are trophies won or something. 

People are so hung up on the Chelsea, City, wins. Bournemouth beat Chelsea and Man United, I assume they are great as well? Beating those teams proves nothing when you then get spanked by Watford and Newcastle. It's actually hilarious, people talk about those victories like they are trophies won or something. 

they're held up as examples of how we have world class players.  Well, we haven't got world class players.  we have a few players who can put in brilliant performances once in a blue moon.  Pun intended.  But they're not world class - even our 'best player' puts in less regular decent performances than faustino asprilla. World class players are consistently good and can influence a poor team.  Just like Suarez did.  

they're held up as examples of how we have world class players.  Well, we haven't got world class players.  we have a few players who can put in brilliant performances once in a blue moon.  Pun intended.  But they're not world class - even our 'best player' puts in less regular decent performances than faustino asprilla. World class players are consistently good and can influence a poor team.  Just like Suarez did.  

No harm but I don't think anyone has ever held it up as an example of how we have "world class" players. If they have good luck to them in whatever fantasy land they live. 

I think people dismissing those performances though out of hand are just living in a fantasy land of their own. A team cannot be full of utter and complete shit players and pull out performances like they did.

What it shows is the current squad is capable of playing some very good football when the conditions are right.

Fundamentally though the problem is those conditions are basically relying on the opposition bringing the game to you and giving us space. 

I don't think we need a huge influx of players. But having a forward capable of scoring fucking goals and a midfielder who can spot a pass(bar Coutinho) would be nice. 

Actually being capable of putting the oppostion defence under pressure might just help us score a goal and stop shitting ourselves at the back every 2 mins. 

If Suarez is the bench mark for World Class none of the teams above us have any either.

It's this getting rolled over by grafters like Watford, that really pisses me off. We just cannot defend against these teams and haven't been able to since Carragher , Hyppia and Reina were together. Even with Suarez we were shite at the back. Until Klopp sorts that out and makes us hard to beat again we won't improve .

Suarez is the best player in the world.

I don't think we have any world class players, Coutinho is closest, but we don't need any world class players to be playing considerably better than we are doing.

We need some players with a functioning brain and a pair of testicles.

Yep.  I don't think Leicester have any world class players either, but they're top of the league. What they do have is players who have played to a reasonable level for most of the season so far - plus, as you say, brains and balls.  

• Upvote 1

By the way, Can thinks he's better than he actually is. He's a bit of a show pony in fairness, but at least he doesn't give up and tries to tackle.

Henderson is afraid of flowers, fur, dust and cross eyed people.

Two of my over-riding memories of this game will be Can pretending to be injured instead of getting back to defend when they were attacking and him letting the lad go on our left before the cross for the third because he couldn't be arsed tracking him. For all Henderson's faults you wouldn't see him do either.