You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford Away - Sunday 20th Dec 1.30pm

Paco

A diabolic performance the Abomnible Dr Phibes himself could never aspire to.

Cancel any Xmas breaks and get them back to work at Melwood Herr Klopp. That stunk to high heaven.

Thing is this is how good they are.

We have to rip it up and start again and i would start doing it straight away rather than waiting until what will be a bad summer to try and rebuild with players playing in the euros and having shortened pre seasons with players.

Get a spine now and let it have half a season together and hit the ground running next season

The current shower aren't up to it

How?

I just don't know what he"s expected to do there. Silva and Iniesta would look similarly lost. That type of player can't do anything surrounded by shit.

Basic passing and even dribbling past a few players. The likes of Silva and Iniesta would show that as a mininum in any team.

Are these types of performances really a surprise anymore? As it is, this squad isn't capable of beating the supposed smaller clubs. It's why we always finish in upper mid table. Liverpool will always be a big club, but we sure as hell don't play like one. Until we get better players or a more balanced squad, the gameplan needs to change. Less trying to be intricate, more direct, go two up front, concede a bit of the ball, play more on the counter, keep it simple. Maybe then our talentless frauds who are supposed to be able to play good football (but can't) will look better.

Basic passing and even dribbling past a few players. The likes of Silva and Iniesta would show that as a mininum in any team.

Neither player has been in a team this shit and with such pressure on them to make something happen.

I think Coutinho probably attempts to do too much, to force the play too much, but I think he sees the alternative of just being neat and tidy and ensuring he personally puts in a 7/10 performance as largely a waste of time in this side. It's why he tries ridiculous shots, etc.

He could play better, of course he could, but I really think he's on to a loser whatever he does in our current team.

He'll be gone in the summer. To lay chances on a plate for Messi, Neymar and Suarez every week.

The worrying I read on Klopps appointment is that he was wanted as he thinks the majority of the squad are up to it and he can work with them

If true, he and we are fucked

I would not keep a single one for the first team. I'm not knee jerking I've been saying it for ages.

I would literally just sack the lot and start again or days like today will come thick and fast and that new stand won't be filled

Emotion might paint it as different but it's been the same since I started watching us under Houllier. Even in what we now see as the good times under Rafa we were putting in immensely frustrating, sub-par capitulation shows again shite when it really mattered. We only seemed to turn on the style when the pressure was off and we had nothing to lose.

I hate seeing fans calling for the entire team to be scrapped season after season, after spending god knows how much yet again. We need to stop indoctrinating the players into this shite mentality.

Some new talent is required though, but to your point they need to also have a mental toughness and resolve to buck the current capitulation trend.

Well, if that's our best goal scoring side we should be seeing it every week. Just thought Origi deserved a run out, especially since Firmino has been sleepwalking since the City game. If they shut Coutinho down we'll be lucky at 0-0.

I posted that before the match in response to the people who were crowing about beating City and Chelsea with that lineup.

Firmino has shown nothing, Lallana has zero league goals and is just fucking useless yet both were on until 18' to go. Sometimes I think Klopp must think they are taking the piss - how can players this expensive be such shite?

We are in deep trouble with this lot but somehow they same players will be out there again next week? Drastic illness requires drastic cure. I think Klopp is being too respectful of these players. Were the traveling supporters really singing YNWA to this fucking lot?

It's boot up the arse time.

The worrying I read on Klopps appointment is that he was wanted as he thinks the majority of the squad are up to it and he can work with them

If true, he and we are fucked

I would not keep a single one for the first team. I'm not knee jerking I've been saying it for ages.

I would literally just sack the lot and start again or days like today will come thick and fast and that new stand won't be filled

I really hope he does not mean that they are and that he can work with them.

If he does we are fucked.

Good news is i don't think he is stupid and he must know they aren't and the rebuild starts in a couple of weeks time.

A new spine.

Firmino is a real problem for me. He's not physically up to it, is slow and doesn't seem to do anything. He's had the odd bright moment since he's been here but for the money we paid for him I was expecting a lot more. Benteke is another waste of money. Had we paid about £15M for the pair of them I'd be ok with them being around but we've paid about £60M for them. I don't know how much Vardy and Mahrez cost Leicester but I'm sure it's a fraction of what we paid for Benteke and Firmino. 

You can't blame Rodgers for us getting hammered 3-0 by Watford today.

Accountability has to be taken or we cant expect improvement.

Things need to improve. Step 1 - make us hard to beat.

That's bollocks. If you've got zero threat up front then the opposition are going to attack you with more numbers. We're perhaps one of the most ineffective and disjointed teams in I've seen, anywhere in Europe.

Even the shittest teams have

The players should be fucking ashamed. They're playing for Liverpool FC for christ sake. Don't they realize what that means?

How many times have we said that over the past 18 months though?

The problem is that we've purchased a bunch of sub-standard players who are capable of the very best (Man City) but their usual, consistent, level is what we've witnessed over the past 18 months. 

How many times does Martin Skrtel need to demonstrate that he can only play well against the top teams and doesn't have the mentality to play to the same level against the rest of the league?

How many times does Adam Lallana get his game every week despite producing no goals and no assists?

We're essentially stuck with them because we can't ship them all out at once. 

Firmino knocked in a goal every 3 games with Hoffenheim 49 in 153.

He has 1 in 20 here - can't stay onside or play 90 mins.

Disappointing in the extreme - Down to no proper pre season maybe - find it hard to believe he is this bad he is used to Europe and is the pl that different to the bundesliga?