You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (a) - the Merseyside derby, 4/10/2015

Nelly-Szoboszlai

Well we were dead average again....but then we know we aren't a good team.

At least we were up for it - i know that should be a given in such a game, but let's face it we often aren't these days.

Sturridge and Coutinho were both largely invisible so when your two best players are off form in a team like us then you aren't gonna look too clever.

A moment of comedy defending was inevitable, our keeper did well a couple of times.

They weren't much cop either and if we hadn't been getting poor results this wouldn't be a bad result - it probably isn't a bad one even as things are, but it isn't a good one either and that is the thing - this team does not win enough football matches and does not win any against half decent sides.

We are the very epitome of mediocrity and we were again today.

This is just what we are these days..

Very, very ordinary.

An exceedingly poor game contested by two poor sides and bereft of any quality. Each team managing to prevent the others attempts at playing football that made you reassess the purpose of erm....playing or even watching football.
An eye-wateringly dismal second half that compelled me to the edge of my seat. However, this was the toilet seat at which stage I was simply looking at the telly guide in the hope that I might check out an extended repeat of 'Celebrity Jungle X-Factor Bake Off on Ice' before putting my head in the oven.

'Death by Football' indeed.

• Upvote 2

An exceedingly poor game contested by two poor sides and bereft of any quality. Each team managing to prevent the others attempts at playing football that made you reassess the purpose of erm....playing or even watching football.

An eye-wateringly dismal second half that compelled me to the edge of my seat. However, this was the toilet seat at which stage I was simply looking at the telly guide in the hope that I might check out an extended repeat of 'Celebrity Jungle X-Factor Bake Off on Ice' before putting my head in the oven.

'Death by Football' indeed.

Fuckin brilliant!

As far as Derby games go that didn't go very far. A painful lack of what pundits call 'quality', but what real people call football, a pair of clueless men promoted way above their abilities conducting a parade of dross to a conclusion of numbing stalemate. A truly awful performance by Liverpool in the second half epitomised by the endless, pointless graft of Captain Milner, all effort, misplaced passes and sweat - like a slightly more competent and involved Paul Stewart - and the woeful output of the normally classy and dangerous Coutinho.

Against a piss poor Everton team, with a weakened defence, that was an unacceptable performance. Fucking crap.

• Upvote 1

Shite for a Liverpool team at the pit - the point acceptable but definitely not the performance. Any normal owners would know that in terms of quality that's a far cry from what we usually deliver against that shower ( and even then we don't produce our best given the nature of the game). That's the impression I got - absolute headless chickens and an embarrassment. Please see that we have gone backwards.

We play 3 at the back because our manager has centre backs he doesn't trust, and he has no wingers so he wants wing backs. Short in midfield as a result, no wonder we struggle to create anything even against a depleted Everton defence. So much wasted talent, a midfielder playing centre half...And so it goes on, until...