You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (a) - the Merseyside derby, 4/10/2015

Nelly-Szoboszlai

The third quote is but that's been going on since Rodgers has been here, we've spent 300m in four years but 200m has come from sales not including high earners leaving for free.

The first two suggest what I have been saying for weeks, the owners wrote last season off and are giving him a fresh start, it was clear last season the squad needed big changes and that has happened.

While they may have said they don't expect top 4 I think they will still expect a very strong challenge for it atleast.

If i was to devise the worst strategy ever for a football club to be successful, the first thing i'd do is start selling my best players at the rate of one per year so the other players became disillusioned by the lack of ambition.

Then i'd hire a team of scouts that couldn't spot a player if their lives depended on it and bring them together with a manager that also can't spot a player and a few suits that didn't even know what a football was until a few years ago. Then i'd sell one of the greatest players ever and i'd give this suicide squad of misfits the full £120m in funds and tell them to spend every penny of it in the summer. So when January comes around they won't be able to correct any deficiencies in the squad due to injury.

I'd specifically tell them to focus on the premier league and encourage them to look at one season wonders and players that have never played for big clubs before. Preferably strikers that don't fit our style of play and players that flatter to deceive, but with enough hype around them to warrant massive fees. 

Then i'd get rid of every player over 29 with any experience, especially the players that love the club and replace them with a bunch of wet blankets that couldn't care less. I'd also get rid of every older player that has won things in their career, so the entire squad is filled with players that don't understand what a winning mentality is.

I'd compound that with a manager that lowers expectations terminally and do something stupid like give a player who's only been here all of 5 minutes the vice captaincy, thus upsetting any senior players i have left and causing division in the dressing room. 

In the summer i'd get the manager to sell Coutinho to Barcelona and wish him the best of luck. I'd even say i'm still in connect with him and text him before every big game just to show that we are a feeder club and completely small time in mentality. Then i'd take all the funds and hand it to my team of misfits and tell them to spend it all on players like Andre Ayew for £25m plus and Dimitri Payet.....and rinse and repeat.

Thats how i'd ruin a football club one piece at a time. 

• Upvote 7

Or you could look it at like he came in had a shit squad and was given 25m a season to close a big gap.He was never in a position to make one or two signings, even after we challenged and lost Suarez numbers had to be added to the squad.

Brad Jones

Pepe Reina

Doni  

Glen Johnson

José Enrique

Daniel Agger

Sebastián Coates

Jamie Carragher

Martin Kelly

Martin Škrtel

Jon Flanagan

Jack Robinson  

Steven Gerrard ©

Jordan Henderson

Stewart Downing

Jay Spearing

Lucas

Charlie Adam

Raheem Sterling

Jonjo Shelvey  

Luis Suárez

Andy Carroll

Dirk Kuyt

Rodgers "I've never felt anything other than secure. The owners as much as anyone know the rebuilding that needs to be taken" #LFC

Rodgers claims target of top 4 is an 'internal ambition' for #LFC, not one that he's been 'asked or told to deliver' from anyone at

Brendan Rodgers: "There is a constant rebuilding going on here, whether that's me in charge or someone else."

This is why I am feeling a lot more confident about him staying.

HA

I don't know what to say about that game, I'm disapointed we didn't win but Can gave them a big boost before half time and everyone has been saying Everton are favourites and we would be battered, considering all that it's a decent point.

BRs comments afterwards are very reassuring and I don't see him going now.I asked the itk on twitter if he is so confident will he deactivative his account and lose all his followers if BR stays, surprise surprise I got no response.

CkeJB1a.gif

• Upvote 5

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He gone? I'm sad that he went from bringing us the best attacking football for decades to aids on a stick. Now, fuck sakes, get Klopp.

• Upvote 1

Felt Can and Sakho were posturing a bit with the overreactions yesterday, as though trying to show they were getting into the derby spirit. Barkley and Lukaku didn't actually appear to do anything, and neither is exactly fearsome or likely to get aggressive when provoked.

I'd rather they kept it for Rooney or Costa or Terry next time.