You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

The headline might be that, the lower level details likely paint a different story - hence wait for the full story. 

However, I’ve always found attention to detail is not your forte, so there isn’t really any point discussing this further. 

And yours is not listening. 

The only sticking point in Henderson leaving was money.

If he was prepared to take a hit on the Saudi money, be sensible about wage demands in Europe and potentially accept a hit on a tax bill coming back to the U.K. he’d always be able to leave. 

As I said all along. 

But you carry on attempting to be funny and chatting shit. 

11 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

And yours is not listening. 

The only sticking point in Henderson leaving was money.

If he was prepared to take a hit on the Saudi money, be sensible about wage demands in Europe and potentially accept a hit on a tax bill coming back to the U.K. he’d always be able to leave. 

As I said all along. 

But you carry on attempting to be funny and chatting shit. 

No, I was reading what you said fine.

Can you remember what my point was? It took you about 4 attempts to acknowledge it. 

This will show why my point of waiting to the full story is important and how the headline might be right, the workings are different. 

43 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

all joking aside, its a pretty cool move for Henderson. 

maybe because of my age, i still see ajax is a massive club, i remember them winning the champions league back to back with Jari Litmanen and all those other amazing dutch players. 

so he now gets to play in a league that will, in all honesty, suit his age, play in front of a huge, loyal crowd, and also live in one of the worlds great cities. 

From a henderrson perspective, whats not to like

Not quite back to back wins. They won it 1995 then lost in the final in 1996 to Juventus on penalties. Ajax were the better team I thought that season.

We did more than ok out of this...

Got rid of a washed up player, got a decent few quid for him and upgraded.

Also and quite importantly how shite it has been over there for him might just provide some food for thought for others who may be tempted by the money out there....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

I'd be interested in knowing the real reason he's leaving Saudi. He's getting paid insane money for a few years of playing in a pub league, seems like a sweet deal. He's washed up, he can't play at the highest level no more, I think he would struggle in the Dutch league. Unlike Saudi, Ajax won't pay him a king's ransom either.

38 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I'd be interested in knowing the real reason he's leaving Saudi. He's getting paid insane money for a few years of playing in a pub league, seems like a sweet deal. He's washed up, he can't play at the highest level no more, I think he would struggle in the Dutch league. Unlike Saudi, Ajax won't pay him a king's ransom either.

I'd imagine it might be related to his barren, rotten soul and... of course, his wife and daughters not being allowed to leave the house.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This is bullshit. Yes,Henderson is a two faced hypocrite and flag shagging bastard but he was a talented player who captained a phenomenal side to every honour we could win. There was no 'luck' about it,he earned his place and Klopp never had any problem with him. This is just revisionist bollocks. 

He was the only midfielder Klopp didn’t sign. There’s no way he’d have started before any of the other 5 of they were all fit. He was the first midfielder to be subbed when the board went up. Swear to god this place is getting worse with the love ins for absolute shite footballers now.

• Upvote 2

Fabinho and Gini were the only ones truly ahead of him. Keita was meant to be but wasn't and thiago should have been but can't stay fit.

And it's hardly a love in, there are about 50 pages of people slagging him off, FFS.

16 minutes ago, Red74 said:

He was the only midfielder Klopp didn’t sign. There’s no way he’d have started before any of the other 5 of they were all fit. He was the first midfielder to be subbed when the board went up. Swear to god this place is getting worse with the love ins for absolute shite footballers now.

The only thing "this place is getting worse" for is the need to pick extreme positions on things like this rather than having any sense of perspective or nuance. 

"Absolutely shite footballer" is just a factually incorrect thing to say.

Henderson's stunning physical drop-off coincided completely with our inability to control games, play at any sort of tempo, get on the front foot.

To say that he wasn't the most technically gifted footballer is fine and probably fair. He was a good player for us, but a massive part of everything we have achieved in the last 7 years.

It's downright silly to dismiss him as being "shite" in terms of what he did for this manager as an absolutely critical cog, leader, culture setter in the best Liverpool team most of us have ever seen.

You mention he was the only midfielder Klopp didn't sign. Why bin off all the others except him? Why maintain him as your captain? Why attribute so much of the success to the impact Henderson had? 

• Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Fabinho and Gini were the only ones truly ahead of him. Keita was meant to be but wasn't and thiago should have been but can't stay fit.

And it's hardly a love in, there are about 50 pages of people slagging him off, FFS.

A fit Oxlade would have -- ah, that's ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Whereas Its far better to not rate obviously good players, like you do, I assume. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Which players do you think are shite that others rate?

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

No, I was reading what you said fine.

Can you remember what my point was? It took you about 4 attempts to acknowledge it. 

This will show why my point of waiting to the full story is important and how the headline might be right, the workings are different. 

Your point was irrelevant, as I said. 

It was always down to money. If he was sensible about it then it would be an easy move. 

You just kept chatting shite. 

17 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Your point was irrelevant, as I said. 

It was always down to money. If he was sensible about it then it would be an easy move. 

You just kept chatting shite. 

Ok. Laters. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Whereas Its far better to not rate obviously good players, like you do, I assume. 

You mean like that bum Enzo that I told you was shite and you weren’t having it.