You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is it wrong to be made up how much he's fucked this up? 

He'll need to defer till he's pretty much retired at least now -and why would they pay him then? The Dutch will have him for more tax than the UK government if it's paid while he's there. 

I think the point is he initially deferred payment to past the end of this current uk tax year so the UK government had no claim on his money. But obviously that is on the basis if he stayed in Saudi to benefit from their tax regime. I think the Dutch tax year is the same as the calendar year, so he'll go there and pay his taxes like he would have before all this. So he'll lose 49% or whatever on his new deal at Ajax and then if he wants his Saudi money, the Dutch will have 49% of that too. 

Agree with all that, just pointing out that the intention was tax evasion.  For whatever reason he hasn't been able to stay there long enough to see it through.  Personally I think he's been caught bumming and they're getting him out the country so they don't have a high profile beheading to deal with.

• Haha 3

I think last season showed he was finished as a footballer for an elite team. Prior to that, although I honestly wasn’t a big fan, he was generally calm and competent with maybe an 18 month spell where he played above average. For the most part before his ego brain fart of a Saudi move, he represented our club as captain with diligence. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

Agree with all that, just pointing out that the intention was tax evasion.  For whatever reason he hasn't been able to stay there long enough to see it through.  Personally I think he's been caught bumming and they're getting him out the country so they don't have a high profile beheading to deal with.

Probably true....

All this differed tax shit reminds me of I think I read earlier to do with that cunt Michelle Mone and her husband dodgy company that was telling people they could avoid tax by paying money into a trust then getting the money loaned back. Some old guy crying that the government closed the loophole and now he has a 90k tax bill. Fuck him, and fuck anyone else using dodgy shit to avoid tax while still wanting to benefit from the system

19 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

All this differed tax shit reminds me of I think I read earlier to do with that cunt Michelle Mone and her husband dodgy company that was telling people they could avoid tax by paying money into a trust then getting the money loaned back. Some old guy crying that the government closed the loophole and now he has a 90k tax bill. Fuck him, and fuck anyone else using dodgy shit to avoid tax while still wanting to benefit from the system

And have the cheek to have a go at people who are on benefits two face gobshites they are

I’ve long held the conviction that he was a dribbling moron who offered nothing on the pitch , so his reputation  hasn’t changed as far as I’m concerned - I do believe that Ajax will, in the cold light of objectivity, find this out pretty much tout suite

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is it wrong to be made up how much he's fucked this up? 

He'll need to defer till he's pretty much retired at least now -and why would they pay him then? The Dutch will have him for more tax than the UK government if it's paid while he's there. 

I think the point is he initially deferred payment to past the end of this current uk tax year so the UK government had no claim on his money. But obviously that is on the basis if he stayed in Saudi to benefit from their tax regime. I think the Dutch tax year is the same as the calendar year, so he'll go there and pay his taxes like he would have before all this. So he'll lose 49% or whatever on his new deal at Ajax and then if he wants his Saudi money, the Dutch will have 49% of that too. 

He'll be on the 30% tax free ruling. 

16 hours ago, stringvest said:

I’ll give it 6 months at Ajax. 

That’s great. I’m made up for you. What an opportunity!

How do you feel knowing you’ll be playing alongside Henderson? It could be awkward if he’s read what you’ve written about him.

• Upvote 1

As for Henderson, I used to like the lad. Never destined to be in our legends, but I thought he was solid enough as a water carrier until the last season and a half he was with us.

But once he decided to basically become one of the biggest hypocrites on the planet, he could fuck off. I don’t much care for Bobby, Sadio or Gini going there, because you know what the Saudis are, but Henderson was a step above after his LGBT support.

• Upvote 1