You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It's not meaningless at all!!!!! Just answer the fucking question 

It is, Scotland proves it to be.. 

Want to buy some snake oil.. People in England are being conned not because as you imply easing of regulations (which you are correct) but through bad practice by bad cunts. 

Here you go, note England,

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/business-economics/economics/privatisation-englands-water-organised-rip-off-332401/

Your argument is just a welcome distraction for these shysters.

Just now, Gnasher said:

It is, Scotland proves it to be.. 

Want to buy some snake oil.. People in England are being conned not because as you imply easing of regulations (which you are correct) but through bad practice by bad cunts. 

Here you go, note England,

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/business-economics/economics/privatisation-englands-water-organised-rip-off-332401/

Your argument is just a welcome distraction for these shysters.

I agree they're shysters lad.

Do you agree that Brexit has allowed these companies to dump more sewage into British waters? Yes or No. No snake oil, no Scotland, no Spenther Thraceys.  Just a simple yes or no. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don’t flash money to poor people, yet another lie from a lying rat who offers fuck all to anyone. 

Haha he back again to have the piss taken out of him,  you fucking lemon.. where's the kidney machine spock? 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Do you agree that Brexit has allowed these companies to dump more sewage into British waters? Yes or No. No snake oil, no Scotland, no Spenther Thraceys.  Just a simple yes or no. 

No they have been dumping shit into Englands rivers for years. Its made it easier I agree but you're pointing your gun in the wrong direction.

Anyway we're going round in circles so I'll leave it there.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Answers fewer questions than Ray from Mr Inbetween, doesn’t he. 

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Haha he back again to have the piss taken out of him,  you fucking lemon.. where's the kidney machine spock? 

Who’s taking the piss out of me, you? Good stuff, like anybody on here takes you seriously. You’re a crank and a liar, nobody gives a fuck what you say. 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

No theyce been dumping shit into Englands rivers for years. Its made it easier I agree but you're pointing your gun in the wrong direction.

Anyway we're going round in circles so I'll leave it there.

I suspect that's as good as I'll get so thanks. 

Another Brexit bonus- https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/aug/18/brexit-research-grant-uk-science-jeopardy

So Brexit has fucked fishing, farming, the arts, holidays, the wider economy and science, and it hasn't even been fully implemented. All for absolutely nothing but giving the cunts more power to dismantle working conditions and rights. One of the comments sums up the disaster for science in particular-

I have worked in science, both academic research and now industrially, for the past 35 years and I think that very few people in the wider community, especially politicians, realised the extent and value of international collaboration. Brexit was always going to be a disaster for those scientists working within the European frameworks but its effect has been felt far wider. Not having access to European projects brings lack of involvement in the wider international projects that are interlinked and trying to negotiate a way into those programs for just one country is all but impossible. In fact, just dealing with paperwork, travel documents and inport/export is enough to halt projects . There were always exchange programmes meaning that UK and EU PhD students and post docs could experience working with each other's groups, enabling the trading of ideas and the building of relationships that are often the bedrock of networks for future research- this now will not happen and will add to further decline in the coming years. Brexit has hit industry hard too, again the freeflow of materials and expertise has been stifled with many UK companies spawning EU subsidiaries to enable competitive trading in Europe - these obviously pay their taxes to foreign exchequers!

Working in a flagship hi-tech science based industry I have not seen a single advantage from Brexit and, if I was a young researcher, I would be looking to a different industry.

9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Another Brexit bonus- https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/aug/18/brexit-research-grant-uk-science-jeopardy

So Brexit has fucked fishing, farming, the arts, holidays, the wider economy and science, and it hasn't even been fully implemented. All for absolutely nothing but giving the cunts more power to dismantle working conditions and rights. One of the comments sums up the disaster for science in particular-

That's not Brexit that's our governments withdrawal of funding.. Could have easily been avoided.

You have fallen into the precise trap Cummings predicted, ie you've inadvertently shielded the government by firing at the wrong target and blaming our withdrawal. 

As for the other industries like farming etc I think you'll find for most workers at the lower it was going swimmingly, until this cost of living crisis of course.

On 19/08/2022 at 09:54, Gnasher said:

That's not Brexit that's our governments withdrawal of funding.. Could have easily been avoided.

You have fallen into the precise trap Cummings predicted, ie you've inadvertently shielded the government by firing at the wrong target and blaming our withdrawal. 

As for the other industries like farming etc I think you'll find for most workers at the lower it was going swimmingly, until this cost of living crisis of course.

Right-wing Brexit Shrill.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

"If you want to change any of those laws for better or worse, you now have a sovereign right to do that."

Every Member State has a sovereign right to change laws for the better; you have to leave the EU to change them for the worse.

Also, of course, the fact that numerous EU directives protecting and improving workers' rights were passed into UK law doesn't alter the fact that those laws only came about because we were a Member State.

Yeah, credit to JO’B there, I think he’s the first person I’ve seen who has conclusively bettered Mick Lynch. And this is the thing with calls for Lynch to be the Labour leader or a figurehead of a new movement or whatever; he really knows his job and I’ve been really impressed with the way he has conducted himself and defended his member’s interests, but he is focused on one thing in one subject area, as that’s his job. No issue with that. The minute he steps outside of that, he’d be eaten alive. 

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, credit to JO’B there, I think he’s the first person I’ve seen who has conclusively bettered Mick Lynch. And this is the thing with calls for Lynch to be the Labour leader or a figurehead of a new movement or whatever; he really knows his job and I’ve been really impressed with the way he has conducted himself and defended his member’s interests, but he is focused on one thing in one subject area, as that’s his job. No issue with that. The minute he steps outside of that, he’d be eaten alive. 

It reminds me of the calls for Stevie G to succeed Klopp, because he was a great player.  Being good at one job doesn't mean you'll be good at a completely different job.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It reminds me of the calls for Stevie G to succeed Klopp, because he was a great player.  Being good at one job doesn't mean you'll be good at a completely different job.

Absolutely, yeah. Like I say, I like Mick Lynch I think his heart is in the right place, I agree with him when he says that he wants Starmer to be the next Prime Minister, and I agree with him when he says one of the downsides of immigration can be that it undercuts wages for workers, but the answer to that isn’t to stop immigration and pull out of a common market, it’s to regulate to stop business taking advantage. 

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think you and zebedee are falling into the same trap of the press in underestimating Mick Lynch.. Numerous has an agenda against anyone remotely on the left, whereas you should know better Angry.

Anyway, hope Ursula gives the latest far right fruitloop a warm welcome to the EU club,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/22/far-right-italian-pm-hopeful-georgia-meloni-tweets-video-of-woman-being-raped

21 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Because of the nature of modern society we focus too much on figureheads and personalities. This isn't a Presidential system, the best leader of a party or a government should just be someone who's intelligent enough and self confident enough to put the right people in post and let them run with it,  then also have the courage and conviction to take big decisions - right or wrong - when they're needed. 

I heard a saying once 'the best managers don't do any work'. That's how a party leader should be, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I think you and zebedee are falling into the same trap of the press in underestimating Mick Lynch.. Numerous has an agenda against anyone remotely on the left, whereas you should know better Angry.

Anyway, hope Ursula gives the latest far right fruitloop a warm welcome to the EU club,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/22/far-right-italian-pm-hopeful-georgia-meloni-tweets-video-of-woman-being-raped

It's not a question of underestimating him: it's just a realistic acknowledgement that none of us know anything about how he would fare as a constituency MP, let alone the leader of a whole government.

He's excellent at the job that he's got; I see no sense in wishing him into a different job.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

There's a thread on The Rise of the Far Right in Europe for shit like this.

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's not a question of underestimating him: it's just a realistic acknowledgement that none of us know anything about how he would fare as a constituency MP, let alone the leader of a whole government.

He's excellent at the job that he's got; I see no sense in wishing him into a different job.

Fair enough can't argue with that.

7 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The video Gnasher posted 16 times with Dempsey sees him repeat the exact same lines as Lynch. Its almost word for word.

Just now, No2 said:

The video Gnasher posted 16 times with Dempsey sees him repeat the exact same lines as Lynch. Its almost word for word.

Yeah, that's typical politics (and associated disciplines) isn't it; get on message, get the message out there many times, and convince people who don't know any better. I'll never forget Miliband just repeating the same thing, over and over, like a robot. 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, that's typical politics (and associated disciplines) isn't it; get on message, get the message out there many times, and convince people who don't know any better. I'll never forget Miliband just repeating the same thing, over and over, like a robot. 

Wow he's talking about me over here now!!