You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Manchester United, March 22nd 2015

lebron

We re not going to shut them up until we win the league. We d no real answer to their songs about gerrard fucking it up and nearly winning the league. Its all well and good beating them once or twice a season because he quietens them down a bit for a while but to silence them we need to win the league.

You're not going to silence their away crowd in that way, in the same way you won't silence ours. They we're still chippy even through the years when they won fuck all.

The only way you shut up an away crowd is by fucking them over on the pitch. Our abject failure in that respect simply fuelled their usual levels of bellendery.

-----------------------Mig----------------------

Flanagan------Skrtel---------Sakho-----Moreno

-----Henderson--Gerrard--Markovic-------------

Sterling---------Sturridge--------Coutinho

Reckon Markovic would make a good number 8 watching him storm through the midfield against Spurs last season for Benfica and he was good against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu through the centre. If not then Can in Hendersons position with Henderson as the attacking midfielder. Gerrard in the playmaker role, we've really missed his freekicks, corners and long ball ability.

Flanagan has to come back in at right back asap and the front three should remain unchanged because it works.

Markovic could possibly play there, it's an interesting idea and one I didn't even consider. Like I've said on a few other threads, I was surprised how good his passing, especially through balls and little chipped through balls, actually was, he has pace too. With a disciplined holding midfielder it could actually work.

Markovic could possibly play there, it's an interesting idea and one I didn't even consider. Like I've said on a few other threads, I was surprised how good his passing, especially through balls and little chipped through balls, actually was, he has pace too. With a disciplined holding midfielder it could actually work.

I d put markovic at left wing back for arsenal.

moreno, not for the first time this season, was absolutely fucking shocking defensively.

with hindsight we should have started gerrard with sterling at left wing back and a midfield diamond of gerrard hendo allen and coutinho.

Allen and henderson looked afraid to press in the first half because they didnt want to lose the shape. It was the same agsinst swansea first half the only difference being they didnt take any of the several chances they had. United had one and scored.

Allen was one of our better performers (not saying much) so, whilst it doesn't surprise me, I really can't understand why he's taking abuse.

I can, he doesn't offer anything, no goals or assists from the advanced midfield role, no defensive stability from the back. His only saving grace is he looks to get on the ball, which is all he can do because he can't control the tempo like Alonso, play a long ball like Gerrard, win a physical challenge or an aerial duel to save his life.

So basically he does what he can which is a single attribute, in fact it's not really an attribute it's a mentality, a mentality thats entirely redundant because we almost always build our attacks from the wings and then pass inside, or Sakho will play the forward ball. So we've got this diminutive entirely pointless player taking a position in the team ahead of players that can offer us at least some stability or cutting edge.

He's the new Lucas, he gets praised for menial things when he really offers us nothing, but in fairness to Lucas this season at least he's offered us some tactical discipline and defensive contribution.

*Not aimed at you moof, just needed to vent about Joe Allen there for cathartic reasons. I'd rant about Morenos "performance" too but i don't know whether there's enough server space to do it justice*

• Upvote 7

Allen and Henderson are not going to bring you the league. You need one to be a fucking hard bastard and the other one needs to be a schemer who can put his foot in. They both seem like lovely lads, which is the problem. Pussy. We need warriors. 

Other than JP and Stringers no-one rates him as highly as you do, Moof. Not even his ma.

He was shite in the first half, and I guess at least showed some stones in the second (unlike his midfield partner). He might have just about nicked 4th best player for us. Mignolet, Skrtel and Sakho were miles ahead of everyone else though.

Other than JP and Stringers no-one rates him as highly as you do, Moof. Not even his ma.

He was shite in the first half, and I guess at least showed some stones in the second (unlike his midfield partner). He might have just about nicked 4th best player for us. Mignolet, Skrtel and Sakho were miles ahead of everyone else though.

So do you agree he is taking disproportionate stick, considering he was one of our better performers?

So do you agree he is taking disproportionate stick, considering he was one of our better performers?

I think our 4th best player was much closer to our worst than 3rd, so not overly, no.

He's taken stick, so has Moreno, Henderson, Sturridge, Lallana, Sterling, Balotelli, and of course Gerrard. Coutinho and Can have possibly escaped some warranted criticism.