You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Manchester United, March 22nd 2015

lebron

Be that as it may, our players put absolutely zero pressure on him throughout the game, and such behaviour is pretty much a necessity when playing them or Chelsea.

No reaction from our players when Jones clattered Lallana.

No reaction when Jones took out Henderson (apart from a polite Coutinho intervention).

No real reaction when Rooney kicked Mignolet.

Compare with their reactions to the Gerrard and Skrtel incidents.

At one point Fellaini did one of his usual cunt challenges, on Allen. Allen shook his hand. For fuck sake, this alehouse cunt elbowed you in the face in the last game. He's vermin and should be treated as such.

The only time the mancs had fear in their eyes was the 30 seconds Gerrard was on the pitch, two pinpoint passes, sweeping Mata of his feet and a stamp. I'm convinced if he wouldn't have been caught stamping he would have went on to have a game changing half.

At one point Fellaini did one of his usual cunt challenges, on Allen. Allen shook his hand. For fuck sake, this alehouse cunt elbowed you in the face in the last game. He's vermin and should be treated as such.

I actually saw that and despaired. We were bullied all over the place in every possible way.

At least Lucas should be fit for the Arsenal game. He's hardly Jimmy Case, but at least he stands up for himself and his team-mates.

• Upvote 5

In games like that you need players who have a set of bollocks, unfortunately despite being a tidy little midfielder, Joe Allen does not fall into that category.

Surely it isn't too much to ask for a happy medium between players congratulating mancs on a fine elbow to the face (Allen) & getting sent off for coming on like a deranged bull in a China shop (Gerrard).

I know hindsight is unfair to the manager but...I really wish he had started with Gerrard now. Despite his stupid sending off, I think had he started the match we would have caused them more problems. We were very poor and to be fair, it was the easiest match the mancs have had against us in years. We played better in the match at Old Trafford despite getting beat 3-0.

Its fair. Manager claims credit when he makes the right calls and yesterday he got it wrong and should have started Gerrard instead of Lallana. More than that though he knew after the Swansea game Van Gaal would have been all over his system and sure enough we were like a busted flush yesterday. Same old failing with Rodgers I'm afraid insomuch as he doesn't  react quickly enough when we get found. I fear for us against Arsenal and Chelsea. Our last two efforts wont have been lost on Wenger and Gobshite 

In games like that you need players who have a set of bollocks, unfortunately despite being a tidy little midfielder, Joe Allen does not fall into that category.

Surely it isn't too much to ask for a happy medium between players congratulating mancs on a fine elbow to the face (Allen) & getting sent off for coming on like a deranged bull in a China shop (Gerrard).

We need to make Lee Cattermole and Xavi mate.

I actually saw that and despaired. We were bullied all over the place in every possible way.

At least Lucas should be fit for the Arsenal game. He's hardly Jimmy Case, but at least he stands up for himself and his team-mates.

Chelsea players get criticised for surrounding the ref and now Allen is getting criticised for not doing it.

I remember the incident, he was staring at the ref after the challenge looking for him to do something and when he didn't he half accepted the handshake off Fellaini.

The only other thing he could have done was bitch to the ref who had a clear view and needed nothing said to him or ignored fellainis handshake which would have meant fuck all.

Chelsea players get criticised for surrounding the ref and now Allen is getting criticised for not doing it.

I remember the incident, he was staring at the ref after the challenge looking for him to do something and when he didn't he half accepted the handshake off Fellaini.

The only other thing he could have done was bitch to the ref who had a clear view and needed nothing said to him or ignored fellainis handshake which would have meant fuck all.

My criticism is aimed at all our players yesterday, not just Allen. Even Sakho and Skrtel were far too understanding when Rooney pretended he didn't mean to kick Mignolet.

Surely it isn't too much to ask for a happy medium between players congratulating mancs on a fine elbow to the face (Allen) & getting sent off for coming on like a deranged bull in a China shop (Gerrard).

There's nothing wrong with staying professional during an incident, I remember something similar against Everton where he was marking lukaku who was trying to push him around and wind him up, Allen just stayed all over him and wasn't bothered.

I understand why your pissed after your post talking about Allen being an ex manu fan as I had similar feelings after his performance away to them in his first season.

I was pissed and thought he didn't deal with playing there well but he's won me over since then and yesterday was the only time he's been that bad since.

He was far from our worst player yesterday and that first 45 minutes is not what he produces 9/10, if we want to get on ex manu fans back direct the flack towards sterling who is one and has shown no loyalty towards lfc up to this point.

This will be interesting . They let Costa off his stamp on Skrts because his leg was moving rather than a stationary target, and so was De Gea's leg yesterday. Fucking ignorant pundits influencing things again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure i agree with that. Allen didnt play well in the first half yesterday but he has spent a lot of time in the lower leagues where opposition players spent the ninety minuets trying to kick the fuck out of him. In hindsight our midfield would have functioned better with either Stevie or Lucas providing an extra body.

Sturridge has picked up a knock...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32024500

Fair to say that yesterday was an unmitigated disaster from start to finish.

hope its just the England game. Yes, you couldn't have written a much worse script for yesterday. I suppose rug head could have put the pen away but had he done that Skrtel wouldn't have lost the plot stamped on De Gea . So all bad really

We re not going to shut them up until we win the league. We d no real answer to their songs about gerrard fucking it up and nearly winning the league. Its all well and good beating them once or twice a season because he quietens them down a bit for a while but to silence them we need to win the league.

• Upvote 1

We re not going to shut them up until we win the league. We d no real answer to their songs about gerrard fucking it up and nearly winning the league. Its all well and good beating them once or twice a season because he quietens them down a bit for a while but to silence them we need to win the league.

I agree but I can't see them winning it anytime soon either.

Plus we've always got 5 times as a response.

• Upvote 1