You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

He sent him home from the US Tour, to be sent home from tour you have had to have acted extremely unprofessional.

He was taking diet pills that i presume our club doctor was unaware about and rightly or wrongly was subsequently banned.

If you read between the official club lines. The club have touted him on loan anywhere, of the handfull of clubs that offered to take him, Sakho subsequently turned them all down.

Klopp had already told him and the public it was extremely unlikely he was going to get first team football at the club.

Behind closed doors i have no doubt Klopp has told him face to face he should find another club, but bizarrely Sakho believes because he had a bit of a cult following and his name chanted a few times he's going to get back in the fold.

I very much doubt barring a defensive injury crisis wether he will ever pull the shirt on again, personally im happy about that as ive never rated him as highly as some. When Klopp prefers to drop a midfielder into central defence instead of you, the penny should drop that your not wanted.

He is now 5th choice centre back and bleating to the media and fans is'nt going to help him one bit.

well said. Be back to rep this later.

The problem is that there was barely a market for a loan, nevermind a sale. I don't think we'd raise much.

John stones went for 50 million, Bailly over 30, Luiz about that as well. It's hard for me to believe nobody would've been interested in a superior player at bargain basement prices.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

John stones went for 50 million, Bailly over 30, Luiz about that as well. It's hard for me to believe nobody would've been interested in a superior player at bargain basement prices.

Good point, there will always be overpricing. Sakho in particular though has a well known and long running unprofessionalism issue that has seen his last three managers binning him. I don't think it will escape the attention of clubs who may have to pay £100k a week for him.

Good point, there will always be overpricing. Sakho in particular though has a well known and long running unprofessionalism issue that has seen his last three managers binning him. I don't think it will escape the attention of clubs who may have to pay £100k a week for him.

Fair enough wth the professionalism stuff, that would be a concern for most managers. However, if not for the ban, he would've been nailed on to start for France at the Euros. With that kind of pedigree, and his performances for us last season which were, at times, epic; I just don't see how we couldn't have flogged him if we'd actually tried.

Code loves shit players and hates the good ones, he favourit player ever is quaresma who has flopped at every big club he has ever gotten a new tattoo at.

I don't think I've ever known someone to be so perpetually wrong, in every sense of the word. Even when he's right; which is a rare occurrence, granted; he's still wrong.

• Downvote 1

Fair enough wth the professionalism stuff, that would be a concern for most managers. However, if not for the ban, he would've been nailed on to start for France at the Euros. With that kind of pedigree, and his performances for us last season which were, at times, epic; I just don't see how we couldn't have flogged him if we'd actually tried.

How many clubs were beating down our door to tempt him away when it was announced he was available...................................  2

Where were the top clubs from Europe ..........................................  Nothing.

He's a half decent defender, would fit in well at any number of mid table sides. Thats about it. Thats also the market that were looking at him when he was made available.  People were desperate to see him do well when he donned a flourescent vest and painted a few walls round Breck Rd.

How many clubs were beating down our door to tempt him away when it was announced he was available................................... 2

Where were the top clubs from Europe .......................................... Nothing.

He's a half decent defender, would fit in well at any number of mid table sides. Thats about it. Thats also the market that were looking at him when he was made available. People were desperate to see him do well when he donned a flourescent vest and painted a few walls round Breck Rd.

When was it announced that he was available? I saw it announced that we wanted him to go on loan somewhere to build his fitness, never saw it announced that we were actively trying to get rid. You think Stoke will be his only option when we do eventually sell him, be it in January or next summer?

Lovren must have costed us 20 more goals then Sakho but is somehow being praised as the best defender in the league and should be made captain and others saying Sakho is shit. haha

Lovren didnt cost us 20 more goals than sakho last season. And the last I heard Klopp prefers Lovren to sakho. That'll do for me.

• Upvote 1

Have to admire the timing of his 'outburst'. Right in the middle of a good team run when the defence has generally swapped the clownshoes of recent years for some consistent and solid defending.

Solid defending? We haven't kept a single clean sheet.

Edit: didn't see 3 Stacks' post.

When was it announced that he was available? I saw it announced that we wanted him to go on loan somewhere to build his fitness, never saw it announced that we were actively trying to get rid. You think Stoke will be his only option when we do eventually sell him, be it in January or next summer?

We will get a few quid for him of course, maybe £10 mill plus. But it was made pretty clear in the summer that Klopp did'nt want him. Regardless of the official club line.

Dom King has just put this article online which basically says he's finished at LFC after his actions this weekend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3805881/Mamadou-Sakho-s-Liverpool-career-close-Jurgen-Klopp-condemns-social-media-outburst.html

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

As a player - I really like him.

As a guy - he seems very likeable as well.

But he's just been too unprofessional & Klopp has had enough.

I don't think Klopp would care about being interrupted during an interview for LFCTV given it was a bit of fun, Klopp has a good sense of humour & Sakho was also filming for LFCTV.

The issue was he took fat pills without consent of the club. That's naive & unprofessional in this day an age.

He then was late to numerous things on tour. Missing meetings, turning up late for flights etc. Again unprofessional & it must have been bad to be sent home.

Then he puts things on Snapchat saying he's not being given a chance. Unprofessional once again & Klopp must have had enough.

I like it how Sakho refused a loan & wanted to fight for his place. He seems to have knuckled down & is trying to impress again by playing for U23s.

However it is probably too little too late in Klopps eyes. Seems he wants rid. The problem is we'd probably not get any fee close to what he should be worth. I'm not sure Klopp is arsed as he seems to want to get rid of the distraction Sakho currently is & if that means selling for a low fee, so be it. It's probably why Klopp favoured a loan to help make his stock rise before selling.

I like Sakho, but I have to back Klopp on this. He's the main man at the club & he won't accept the regular unprofessional behaviour & Sakho didn't learn from his mistakes.

If you had taken fat pills, unauthorised by the club, nearly banned & hindering our chances last season as he was no use towards the end as he was suspended. You'd have thought you'd want to do everything you can to impress the manager & your teammates for letting them down. Instead he joked around, missed meetings etc.

The joke is now on Sakho as only he can blame himself for what's happened st LFC. Klopp has bought in two solid pros in Matip & Klavan who have taken his spot in the pecking order. With Lovren doing well, Lucas still around & Gomez coming back... Sakho is no longer 'needed' or more likely in Klopps eyes - 'wanted' here.

• Upvote 4