You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

Used to love those tags. Why did Dave get rid?

He didn't. When he switched forum providers a few years ago, tagging was one of the things the new forum software didn't offer. Others have complained over the loss of the arcade.

Guest Pistonbroke

He may have found the pills when Klopp asked him to clear out Rodgers' old locker.

Have we checked his teeth for extra whitening? 

We also only paid 10 million for him. 

in 2006. He had a better than 1 goal every other game record for feyenoord. wasn't that far off a goal a game (71 in 101). memphis depay went for 30m last summer with a record nowhere near as good as that (39 in 90) yes they played different positions but 10m was still big money in 2006.

the other thing is that kuyt was signed to be our no.1 striker in 2006. By the end of the season a lot of people wanted crouch to start the champions league final with him or instead of him as he'd struggled to play as a one then he was replaced by torres and moved out to the wing where he became the the quintessential right sided player in a 4231.

oxilofrine if it is that and it seems so is what some sprinters got banned for.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/jul/15/tyson-gay-asafa-powell-oxilofrine

The centre-back was overlooked by former manager Brendan Rodgers for the opening games of the campaign after being deemed to be out of shape following the summer break.

He was ditched from Rodgers' matchday squad for the games with Stoke and Bournemouth at the start of August and had to wait until mid-September for his first appearance.

Sakho is facing the prospect of a lengthy ban from the game after traces of a 'fat burner' to aid weight loss were detected during a drugs test he took following Liverpool's Europa League tie with Manchester United on March 17.

He has until Tuesday to respond to Uefa and ask for his 'B' sample to be analysed.

If that is found to be positive, Sakho will need to explain how the prohibited substance entered his system and wait to discover what length of ban he would receive. Team-mate Kolo Toure was banned for six months in 2011 when at Manchester City - and fined £740,000 by the club - after taking water tablets to control his weight and admitted Sakho was potentially facing a "really difficult" period in his career.

"Right now I haven't spoken with Mama to be honest," said Toure. "This is private. He knows what I think about him. I've been there and it has been really difficult, definitely.

"I don't want to remember that because it has been tough for me. I don't even want to talk about that because it is very hard."

The rules have been tightened since then. Soon after Sakho's £18million move from Paris Saint-Germain to Liverpool in August 2013, Fifa's medical department sent correspondence to all players warning that supplements can be contaminated with the banned substance oxilofrine. The amphetamine is found in products advertising weight loss and boosts adrenaline production by stimulating the heart and boosting blood pressure.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/663949/Liverpool-Newcastle-Klopp-Benitez-Sakho-Sturridge-Toure-Colback-Cisse-Premier-League-News