You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton Vs Liverpool

WhiskeyJar

The goo

It will be their cup final so i expect us to lose. Form goes out of the window for that type of game.

Yep, but they will be playing to keep Moyes's job so there's a reasonable chance of half of them just sitting down in the centre circle for most of the match

If we go to Old Trafford and have a proper good go at them from the off we will win. The nerves around the stadium will be massive and if we get an early goal it could be a horrible atmosphere for them to play on. We go with the right attitude and we will win comfortably. We do our usual bottle job and we will come unstuck

If I'm honest. I thought there was a fair chance we'd bottle it yesterday, as we have on previous occasions in the recent past when it looked like we were on the verge of really achieving something. We didn't. Instead we're 2nd on March 2nd with all to play for.

We'll take it to the mancs like we always do. We never go there afraid of anything.

The goo

Yep, but they will be playing to keep Moyes's job so there's a reasonable chance of half of them just sitting down in the centre circle for most of the match

They will have at least one good game before the end of the season. Lets hope its not against us.

They're there for the fucking.  Never mind about us turning up with no bottle and all that bla bla, if they don't turn up at home then they are going to get the same treatment as Spurs, Arsenal & the rest.  I don't think there'll be a problem getting the boys up for this one, or that they won't be aware of the significance of it all.  Considering our respective seasons, this is one of the best opportunities we've had in years to go to the Toilet and wipe the fucking floor with them.  This is the first time in living memory that I can actually say that there is real potential for a proper rough dry bumming at home for these ubercunts.

I'll be amazed if we don't cause them many, many more problems than they cause us.

This reminds me of the derby game under Hodgson, in that I was absolutely convinced they would beat us, and nothing that played out that day surprised at all.

If we do win the United game convincingly, you think we will be the final nail in the coffin of Moyes career at United?

I certainly think he will be looking at this game as his chance to ease the pressure 

Our toughest game left IMO

He'll be shitting it. If he sends them out to attack all out against us, we can just pick them off on the counter. If he sends them out there to defend our relentlesness will see out and we'll win.

The only way I can see them winning is if we freeze under the pressure and hand them the game.

If we do win the United game convincingly, you think we will be the final nail in the coffin of Moyes career at United?

He will probably get the Olympiacos game anyway, a chance to turn the tie around. They should do better than the first leg but still have too much to do that a questionable penalty/offside decision will let them think they could have done it, just like they were the better side against Madrid last year ifinithadnabinfer...

Then Moyes gets a stay of execution, rekindles the spirit of Selhurst Park to win a few games as the season fizzles out and the pressure is off. Corner turned, green shoots of recovery and we do it all again next year.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What was the alternative?

Bring a midfielder on to steady things up. That's what a lot of managers would have done. Some would have even put another defender on, what with the way Southampton were cutting through us.

Rodgers pushed the wide central midfielders - Hendo and Allen - out of the diamond formation and into a deeper position. That worked straight away. Coutinho started playing better and so did we. Then on came Sterling and the rest is history. Not quite the enforced option you imply.

Everyone I was with agreed that Sterling should have started over Coutinho 

We were a much better team when Raheem came on. that first half we were poor 

Eh?  The first 20 minutes we were excellent.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

all these predictions about how we are going to destroy the mancs has got me worried now.steady .

Correct. I've been saying all week that we're going to lose. They're crossing mad and we're crossing shite. Recipe for disaster.

• Upvote 2