You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

paul joyce‏ @_pauljoyce

Klopp says Salah limping when substituted - faces check before Burnley

================

Pretty much means he won't be starting against Burnley no matter what now. Thankfully we can just move Coutinho out wide and bring Oxlade into the centre.

Saw him do a little hop when he was trying to run across the pitch to press, then slow down. 

Heart went into my mouth, hope he just needs a bit of a rest and it's not a tear.

I think it'll be more changes than just Ox into the centre and Coutinho out wide. I'd be very surprised if Solanke and Lallana didn't start against Burnley.

paul joyce‏ @_pauljoyce

Klopp says Salah limping when substituted - faces check before Burnley

================

Pretty much means he won't be starting against Burnley no matter what now. Thankfully we can just move Coutinho out wide and bring Oxlade into the centre.

Best to leave him out

Stick Mane back on the right and see if that gets him going.

Not keen on Can playing but not much option at the moment,come home Lucas

--------------------------------Can

-----------------Gini/Lallana-----AOC

Mane----------------Firmino-----------Coutinho

I love Salah. I was banging on about him on here long before he joined Chelsea, posting up videos of him in Egypt, etc, but he’s miles off being as good as Suárez. Miles and miles. Salah might get more goals or whatever, but only in the same way that Kane is better than Messi and Ronaldo this year.

Suárez is so incredibly talented and lethal. No need to bring him into it.

Obviously not saying he is as good as Messi but some of his play reminds me of him more than any other top player, especially in and around the box. No one gets near him. He uses his body so well to get goal side of his marker. He must be a nightmare to play against. He made a mug of Leicesters star CB for the second goal. Great player.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/5178/Mohamed-Salah/stats

Salah's PL statistics. Imagine if he'd converted, say, half of those big chances missed.

Attack

Goals 19

Goals Per Match 0.56

Goals With Header 1

Goals With Right Foot 2

Goals With Left Foot 16

Penalties Scored 0

Goals From Freekick 0

Shots 104

Shots On Target 48

Shooting Accuracy % 46%

Hit Woodwork 2

Big Chances Missed 19

https://www.premierleague.com/players/5178/Mohamed-Salah/stats

Salah's PL statistics. Imagine if he'd converted, say, half of those big chances missed.

Attack

Goals 19

Goals Per Match 0.56

Goals With Header 1

Goals With Right Foot 2

Goals With Left Foot 16

Penalties Scored 0

Goals From Freekick 0

Shots 104

Shots On Target 48

Shooting Accuracy % 46%

Hit Woodwork 2

Big Chances Missed 19

He really needs to work on his right foot and heading. Other than that, Mo - you're doing a great job son, a great job!

I love Salah. I was banging on about him on here long before he joined Chelsea, posting up videos of him in Egypt, etc, but he’s miles off being as good as Suárez. Miles and miles. Salah might get more goals or whatever, but only in the same way that Kane is better than Messi and Ronaldo this year.

Suárez is so incredibly talented and lethal. No need to bring him into it.

I disagree with there being that big a gulf... Suarez was incredibly good for us, and his second season for Barca maybe even better, probably top 2 in the world that year. However, I can't remember Suarez being as/more influential to our overall play than what Mo has been this season. As well as scoring and contributing assists, he brings others into play brilliantly. I mentioned it to my Manc-supporting brother-in-law during the game today that he's incredibly strong for his stature and he very rarely wastes the ball.

With Luis, you'd get the nutmegs and worldies and inexplicable things more regularly, but what Salah has produced this season is right up there with Suarez' 13/14- efforts in my book. I'm guessing with City running away with the league and an Englishman topping the goalscoring charts he'll still go "under the radar", but he's my POTY this far...

In an ideal world he'd be even more clinical, but can anyone remember a Liverpool player coming to this many gilt-edged chances regularly?

I've told my mates (a bit earlier in the season) to bet on him as top scorer in the league - unless Kane's hat-trick-streak continues - I think he'll do it.

Anyway, nothing to be taken away from Suarez' brilliance, but the only player I'd trade Salah for atm is Messi, and I still doubt we'd be much better off!

• Upvote 3

However, I can't remember Suarez being as/more influential to our overall play than what Mo has been this season. 

C'mon man - he carried the side on his back for most of that year - the quality of his goals were breathtaking. Easily the best individual performance I have seen from any player in the modern Prem - much less a Red.

• Upvote 1

I love him so much that I've:

a) broke my long-standing rule of not buying any football related clothing; and

2) bought a t-shirt that might lead people to mistakenly believe that I have a serious neurological condition.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/matty723/works/28080590-mohamed-salah?grid_pos=4&p=classic-tee&rbs=cc8f6a68-06d6-4576-bf26-dc631e1fe811&ref=shop_grid

Haha! I'm already the proud owner of that neurological condition and upon delivery will also have worn the t-shirt. TLW coming good once again. Nice one!

• Upvote 2

C'mon man - he carried the side on his back for most of that year - the quality of his goals were breathtaking. Easily the best individual performance I have seen from any player in the modern Prem - much less a Red.

Yeah, I was leaning towards the team aspect of his play - overall contribution to our style. For all his brilliance, Luis gave the ball away quite a lot, and when his nutmegs and volleys weren't coming off he could be a bit frustrating in terms of choices made. I'd say Salah's decision-making and execution is less spectacular than Luis', but I think we'll be better off and score more goals than we did in 13/14 as a result of his link-up and overall play.