You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fallout 4

Cardie

My main problem is that I have a variety of weapons but no ammo, so need the different types to ensure I always have back up guns. This in turn makes me have too much weight to carry!

Also when I craft I never have the resources despite collecting most items with the magnifying glass on. Any particular material that I should focus on?

My main problem is that I have a variety of weapons but no ammo, so need the different types to ensure I always have back up guns. This in turn makes me have too much weight to carry!

Also when I craft I never have the resources despite collecting most items with the magnifying glass on. Any particular material that I should focus on?

Are you putting all your junk, guns and armour you don't want in the workshop?

If you do that it will automatically scrap items as and when it needs them. Put anything you want to keep in a locker or tool chest etc.

For the over encumbered issue, mod your armour with the deep pockets mod and spec out your strength. I'm using the brotherhood of steel initiate outfit with modded combat armour (polymer on all of it and deep pockets on 3 of the 5 pieces so far) and my weight limit is 360, with the remaining pieces and power armour I could carry 400+ I think.

• Upvote 1

I went exploring earlier on and ended up getting legged by a load of stuff a full 40 levels higher than me with proper names with skulls next to them. I killed one but couldn't find the body because I got chased so far away. Bugger. Best way of getting good weapons is probably making them. My sniper rifle is make out of a hunting rifle from a super mutant at the water treatment plant. Legendary enemies have good weapons on them if you kill them. They can also be upgraded. I'm now level 26. Oil is the resource I seem to need most. Always pick up anything with oil in it. As for armour I am still the Silver Shroud. I do have 2 full sets of power armour and another half set but never use them.

You can craft cutting liquid at the chem stations, it breaks down into oil I believe.

Collect oil, screws and adhesive.

In a similar vein, you can craft adhesive by making "vegetable paste", requires corn, tates & mutfruit.

DL'd this off cdkeys for a shade over £28 on Saturday. Level 6 so far and building up sanctuary but having trouble a) getting power to lamps etc, b) Growing any crops - got mutfruit and carrot flower but don't get the option to plant them, c) Assigning people tasks.. 

It's damn good though. So far it mostly feels just like a refresh of the magnificent Fallout 3. VATS is greatly improved for being in slow-mo rather than freeze-frame. I love the fact you can build up settlements and ultimately be a the fucking Don of everywhere eventually. Oh, and Dogmeat.

DL'd this off cdkeys for a shade over £28 on Saturday. Level 6 so far and building up sanctuary but having trouble a) getting power to lamps etc, b) Growing any crops - got mutfruit and carrot flower but don't get the option to plant them, c) Assigning people tasks..

It's damn good though. So far it mostly feels just like a refresh of the magnificent Fallout 3. VATS is greatly improved for being in slow-mo rather than freeze-frame. I love the fact you can build up settlements and ultimately be a the fucking Don of everywhere eventually. Oh, and Dogmeat.

Don't waste too many resources on the sanctuary.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Are there any armour guides knocking about? Really dont where to Start to get a good set?

You'd struggle to get a full set this early for anything other than power armour as the best is held by legendary characters.

Your best bet would be modding existing armour and adjusting your tactics slightly to compensate while improving incrementally.

Not really spoilerish, definitely no story spoilers, but some people are really anal about this stuff, just some info on where you can get a good weapon early on (around level 10-15)

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Head to vault 81 & buy the legendary rifle being sold by the vendor there, it's perk is that for every shot you fire it fires an additional projectile (which doesn't use any ammo), am level 30+ & it's still my go to weapon. Costs between 2-3k caps depending on your charisma.
  • Upvote 1

You'd struggle to get a full set this early for anything other than power armour as the best is held by legendary characters.

Your best bet would be modding existing armour and adjusting your tactics slightly to compensate while improving incrementally.

Yeah probably the best method. Will start to increase my weapon and Armour stats.