You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That said, if we sold him to Arsenal and we beat them into the top four, it'd be rather fun. Anyway, I've had enough of this.

Changes fuck all. If Arsenal offer his true value then he can go. They won't so he has to stay put.

Time for the club to man up. Fine him, take Arsenal to the FA for tapping up and move on. He can't play until October anyway so we can play the waiting game more than he or Wenger can

Still say there is no way we let him go to Arsenal, I've been expecting him to leave for a long time now (I was surprised he signed the contract last year and expecting him to go after the Evra shit) but whatever you say about him he is fucking brilliant and letting him go to Arsenal who are currently by far the most vulnerable team who occupy a top 4 position would be suicidal imo, I'd rather pay him to do fuck all for a year, its not that I feel we couldn't improve with the funds, I think the current team even minus Suarez is better than what we had a year ago and hopefully we already have more funds ready plus any Suarez fee so we could be significantly improved not to mention the managers had a year in the job now and he and the players know more about each other but really can't be giving the team who's spot we want imo the 3rd best player in the world.

Anyway fuck it lets offer him to Celtic, see how much he really wants Champions League football

I wonder how much we've paid him whilst he has been suspended? Both this time and the last time.

That's a good point. I bet he was happy to pick up his wages when he was banned.

Plus does he not realise it's question of us not selling him, it's a question of us wanting a club to meet his valuation and 40 million is not enough.

His quote about him saying the fans applauded him because we know he has higher ambitions is idiotic.

I'd let him go to Arsenal, I'm not worried him scoring a shitload for them. I'd be more worried if they bought some class defenders and goalkeeper.

!!Mad conspiracy theory incoming!!

Karim Benzema's agent has rubbished reports that Roma have bid for him.

Suarez comes out and gives his sob story some hours later' date=' a sob story that threatens action but doesn't actually do anything at the moment.

We are loathe to sell to Arsenal which the Suarez camp knows so we start ringing round and first port of call may be Madrid and then they proceed to pull our pants down and fill their boots.

More than likely a load of old bollocks but it was fun formulating it as I had some tense 80's action music going on in my head in the background.[/quote']

Benzema in a straight swap is now highly more appealing than it would've been at the beginning of summer, I'd have imagined at the time that we'd have Madrid, Barca, Bayern, PSG bidding 60million etc, we've ended up being asked to accept 40million from fucking Arsenal for fucks sake, what an insult!

Having spent the best part of two years defending him, I have to say I'm coming around to the other way of thinking.

It's okay being a cunt, as long as you're loyal to the right people at the right times. If you're not, you're just a cunt that is a cunt to everybody, and who everybody thinks is a cunt.

Mercenaries get chatted about a lot in football -- but in my opinion that's a mode of hire that goes two ways. Mercenaries need to be treated as such by their clubs. Respect has to be reciprocal or you end up looking like a mug.

Fuck letting him go for 40 million. Long term it would be an appalling precedent to set. Either we get market value for him, or he rots in the stands. That's how it has to go at this stage.

Having spent the best part of two years defending him, I have to say I'm coming around to the other way of thinking.

It's okay being a cunt, as long as you're loyal to the right people at the right times. If you're not, you're just a cunt that is a cunt to everybody, and who everybody thinks is a cunt.

Mercenaries get chatted about a lot in football -- but in my opinion that's a mode of hire that goes two ways. Mercenaries need to be treated as such by their clubs. Respect has to be reciprocal or you end up looking like a mug.

Fuck letting him go for 40 million. Long term it would be an appalling precedent to set. Either we get market value for him, or he rots in the stands. That's how it has to go at this stage.

Agreed. Whether he believes he's had assurances or not there is no way we should sell to Arsenal or any other English club for that matter, and irregardless he shouldn't go anywhere for less than his worth which is at least £55m and with the supposed Bale fee there is a great argument that he's worth much much more than that.

Get on with it now arsenal or chelsea or whoever else wants him.

Tremendous player and a pleasure to watch him for us last season. I agree with him in that he couldnt have done much more for us in terms of the amount of goals he scored.

Lets get 50-60m for him and spend it wisely. We ll never replace the player but we can replace his goals.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

Can someone please explain to me the bottom line with a submitted transfer request?

It's being talked about as if we'd be screwed, yet it seems to me it will have zero effect beyond obviating any need to pay him any bonuses, etc.

Am I missing something?

The amount of people on here that blindly support Suarez no matter what he does is astounding. 'He'll never do what Torres did to us' - this is what football has come to now. Fuckin mercenaries paid for by us through overpriced tickets and sky packages.

Bang on the money.

Can someone please explain to me the bottom line with a submitted transfer request?

It's being talked about as if we'd be screwed, yet it seems to me it will have zero effect beyond obviating any need to pay him any bonuses, etc.

Am I missing something?

It means he wants to leave officially. What he gets or loses is irrelevant to me. How much we get for him is all that matters.

We do, all the time.

When have we not got value?

Torres went for more than he was worth, Xabi and Masch were about right for the time(market less inflated at that point) and we haven't lost any of our other best players for a long time before that

That article is comical using the English media and Pfa to try and force the move through?! The 2 groups who vilified him whilst we stood by him, what's next is he going to ask Evra to phone John Henry to tell him that Luis needs champions league football?!

The guy is a joke, but it's not just him it's footballers in general these days just look at Rooney and bale both picking up 'injuries'. It's things like this that make you realize as a fan how lucky we've been to have players like gerrard and carra over the years, and other legends like Sami and didi. Fuck Suarez, he's a fucking cunt.

Generally, I am under no illusions about how far and rapidly we have declined, but it's still remarkable, to me, to read the way in which Suarez genuinely seems to regard Arsenal as a dramatic step-up from us.

It really makes me wonder how many players his age and younger think the same thing?