You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

House fixy-uppy shit

Stu Monty

Alright la, appreciate the discount you gave. Had the fella out yesterday and he gave me a quote before I told him about the discount. He emailed me a revised quote last night with it on but the £400 boiler discount was missing from it. Do you know if that gets taken away if you take the staff discount?

Any news on the job?

The staff discount can't be used in conjunction with any other offer I'm afraid.

Nowt yet, won't hear for a fortnight.

• 1 month later...

We got our shutters put in yesterday, they're fucking amazing, I can have the light coming in through the top while the bottom is shut so I can dance about to my Diana Ross Greatest Hits in complete privacy. Great for keeping out the light in the bedroom too,

We've got the guy coming round to put the perfect fit blinds in the French doors & windows in the kitchen on Saturday & that's our new house pretty much finished two & a half months after moving in. Apart from the flat pack fucking cot I have to build *groan*.

From a sceptical start I've warmed to the idea of these. So what would I be looking out for?

From a sceptical start I've warmed to the idea of these. So what would I be looking out for?

We went to Hillary's, the only issue with them is that we ended up having to put blackout blinds behind them in the bedrooms due to light coming through the shutters (we found this out in Spring).

In the living room, they are the best things ever for privacy, setting the light and for peeking out of like a 1940s film baddie. They had various types of shutters you can pick so that's down to personal taste.

• 4 months later...

The things you put on doors, you pull the thing down and it latches and unlatches in a hole in the door frame.

I need 9 of them.

And hinges.

Yeah, yeah. It's just that I had you down as a man that might know about or know a man who might know these kind of things

What kind of look are you after?

You tell me what I should be looking for, as I don't know what is a good look and what isn't.

That's why I come on here, Champ, for you to tell me, then I go out and buy it and fit it and I look like I know what I'm doing to little miss Voldemort indoors.

You tell me what I should be looking for, as I don't know what is a good look and what isn't.

That's why I come on here, Champ, for you to tell me, then I go out and buy it and fit it and I look like I know what I'm doing to little miss Voldemort indoors.

Shouldn't you be asking her what look she'd like? Are we talking vintage, cosy, contemporary here or heavy duty hinges for your side gate?

Having said all that, my first stop would probably be Howdens unless you want proper fancy ones

Shouldn't you be asking her what look she'd like? Are we talking vintage, cosy, contemporary here or heavy duty hinges for your side gate?

Having said all that, my first stop would probably be Howdens unless you want proper fancy ones

What?

What does one of these look like?