You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

House fixy-uppy shit

Stu Monty

Used used my new drill to put up a bay window curtain track. It performed well apart from screw tightening which I had finish off by hand. Guide holes were a breeze. I look forward to drilling many more things.

It's also the first remotely DIY thing I've done without having to get a man (usually Pony Princess) in to help. I'm not going to lie. As I was finishing it off there was a bit of blood going to my dick.

Next up curtain pole.

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

Used used my new drill to put up a bay window curtain track. It performed well apart from screw tightening which I had finish off by hand. Guide holes were a breeze. I look forward to drilling many more things.

It's also the first remotely DIY thing I've done without having to get a man (usually Pony Princess) in to help. I'm not going to lie. As I was finishing it off there was a bit of blood going to my dick.

Next up curtain pole.

fa9cefa427a0265f09d89169a05d5e26.jpg

How is Pony?

I'm sure he'd be delighted to put it up for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to put up a curtain rail yesterday, what a fucking mess, four massive useless holes in the wall, the missus filled them in and painted over them while I had a guy come out and have ended paying £650 for these mental blindes that will clip on to our French doors and windows.

I hate DIY.

• Upvote 1

I tried to put up a curtain rail yesterday, what a fucking mess, four massive useless holes in the wall, the missus filled them in and painted over them while I had a guy come out and have ended paying £650 for these mental blindes that will clip on to our French doors and windows.

I hate DIY.

Man after my own heart.

Bought a load of cool framed posters when I bought my first flat and thought I'll be able to put all these up myself.

My walls looked like Stephen Hendry's face in no time, and after I'd smashed one I had to phone a mate to put them up while reminding me every five minutes what a fucking sap I am.

• Upvote 1

Take pictures and put them on here.

Posted Image

That is the roof leaking doubt it will be caused by drain pipes or guttering as it's too far away from the wall. It is probably the residue from the leak on the roof as it takes time to dry. Also the moisture gets into the plaster and the mood springs up at a later date. It is a fucking pain as it takes many coats of paint to cover the fucking stuff up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

We got our shutters put in yesterday, they're fucking amazing, I can have the light coming in through the top while the bottom is shut so I can dance about to my Diana Ross Greatest Hits in complete privacy. Great for keeping out the light in the bedroom too,

We've got the guy coming round to put the perfect fit blinds in the French doors & windows in the kitchen on Saturday & that's our new house pretty much finished two & a half months after moving in. Apart from the flat pack fucking cot I have to build *groan*.

We got our shutters put in yesterday, they're fucking amazing, I can have the light coming in through the top while the bottom is shut so I can dance about to my Diana Ross Greatest Hits in complete privacy. Great for keeping out the light in the bedroom too,

We've got the guy coming round to put the perfect fit blinds in the French doors & windows in the kitchen on Saturday & that's our new house pretty much finished two & a half months after moving in. Apart from the flat pack fucking cot I have to build *groan*.

Supreme effort mate

• Upvote 1

My tip to anyone in the same position is to let your missus have her own way on everything, as long as I've got my stereo & my telly, I'm quite happy.

We did fight a lot about the flooring (I wanted carpets & she wanted laminate/vinyl), we ended up with vinyl, which actually looks amazing (a few people have thought it was real wood), which is great for cleaning up the baby's vomit & my slavers. So she was probably right about that too.

• Upvote 1

That is the roof leaking doubt it will be caused by drain pipes or guttering as it's too far away from the wall. It is probably the residue from the leak on the roof as it takes time to dry. Also the moisture gets into the plaster and the mood springs up at a later date. It is a fucking pain as it takes many coats of paint to cover the fucking stuff up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a man in who reckoned it was a cold spot.  Our roof has a few vents in right above that spot.  Treated the mould with spray and then damp proof paint and I haven't had any further issues for a few weeks despite the bad weather.  Plaster fix that mother fucker!

You can get blinds in the glass nowadays, dear but looks the dogs.

We've just had Sharps round to quote for fitted wardrobes. The bloke measured up, did a little drawing and was amazed at is quickly we chose the colour, style & configuration. He said it wouldn't be expensive as we'd gone for the cheapest stuff. I look at the wife and she's pleased. Bloke then does a wanky sales trick and phones the office for the latest offer and gets permission to give a 20% discount he hands us the quote and it's for 3 fucking grand! He was out the door 2 mins later.

We've just had Sharps round to quote for fitted wardrobes. The bloke measured up, did a little drawing and was amazed at is quickly we chose the colour, style & configuration. He said it wouldn't be expensive as we'd gone for the cheapest stuff. I look at the wife and she's pleased. Bloke then does a wanky sales trick and phones the office for the latest offer and gets permission to give a 20% discount he hands us the quote and it's for 3 fucking grand! He was out the door 2 mins later.

The people we bought our place off had put fitted wardrobes in.  The interior of them is excellent, but the doors; my fucking eyes. 

I mean they'd be nice enough if they're your style, but sliding mirrored doors with pink and black sparkly panels aren't quite mine (I prefer my panels with diamante butt-plugs and tiaras).

I look forward to finding out the cost of replacing them with normal white doors whenever we have some money again.

The bloke I rented the flat to when we were in Dubai changed the lighting so you can it on, off and dim the lights with your sky remote.

It's fucking ace.

That's the type of DIY my dad used to do by accident back in the 80's. He was fucking hopeless, he had a car that he 'fixed' and th interior light came on every time he pressed the clutch.

• Upvote 3

BG are trialing a new plumber service and offering a discount for the next month. As its a trial not all areas are covered but you can check on the website here:

www.mylocalheroes.com.

Where you can get 50% off before 14/3/2016 or 25% after this until 30/4/16, if you quote my name and payroll number to the engineer. PM me if you want my payroll number. Mook can vouch I'm not a serial killer after your addresses. Well his skin can, I'm wearing it now!

I don't get anything out of it before you commies start moaning.

• Upvote 2

BG are trialing a new plumber service and offering a discount for the next month. As its a trial not all areas are covered but you can check on the website here:

www.mylocalheroes.com.

Where you can get 50% off before 14/3/2016 or 25% after this until 30/4/16, if you quote my name and payroll number to the engineer. PM me if you want my payroll number. Mook can vouch I'm not a serial killer after your addresses. Well his skin can, I'm wearing it now!

I don't get anything out of it before you commies start moaning.

Reasons to hate Rico number 7356124467: I got my fucking boiler done two months ago.