You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

House fixy-uppy shit

Stu Monty

Shit news that Rico. About the job, not the discount. Do I just quote that I could get friends and family discount to the fella tomorrow when he comes round?

And if asks me how I know you, I'll just say from a website about fetish?

Cheers, about to go on a call to find out if we will be ok.

Yes, they'll ask you for my name, Steve Richards and payroll number 25441. They may ask for department which is Smart Metering.

Don't answer the door in the mask.

New boiler time! Ours was practically condemned by British Gas last night so need a new one and I know the quote I'll get from them will be like a second mortgage.

Anyone had one installed from a decently priced plumbing company?

If you need a quote for a job off the books then let me know.

Based in St Helens but work in Liverpool.

Anybody got any advice on burglar alarms? We keep getting visits from ADT trying to sell us a system & I could do with one for them & a separate one for burglars.

In all honesty, the house is up the road from a notorious as fuck housing estate & there do seem to be a lot of burglaries, I'm thinking one that just has an alarm rather than one that links to the Police & we have to pay a monthly maintenance fee on...

The next time a sales guy comes round, make him an offer on an ADT yard sign.  As effective as an actual alarm! Most police in the US don't respond to ADT calls anymore because of the number of false alarms, so the Yard sign is as good an incentive to move the burgulars onto next door, as a real alarm.

The next time a sales guy comes round, make him an offer on an ADT yard sign.  As effective as an actual alarm! Most police in the US don't respond to ADT calls anymore because of the number of false alarms, so the Yard sign is as good an incentive to move the burgulars onto next door, as a real alarm.

A yard sign? Who the fuck do you think I am, JR Ewing?

We got a local firm to fit an alarm, which works pretty well as I found out when I woke up half pished the other morning.

New boiler time! Ours was practically condemned by British Gas last night so need a new one and I know the quote I'll get from them will be like a second mortgage.

Anyone had one installed from a decently priced plumbing company?

You and me both, the bastard thing (oil fired) packed up over the weekend. Thing is its in one of our holiday lets and i've got to get one installed within the next 2 weeks or im fucked. Luckily it was family that were staying last week and next week so its ok, they can freeze.

Reckon she'll want ours doing this winter.

The timer on it is fucked but it works fine when you put it on constantly.

No way will she get up 6:30 to a cold house.

10 minute job to replace the control panel, if it comes to that, surely?

Come to think of it, what was the guarantee that came with your boiler?

Electric problem I know or sounds like. He got a 5k quote ? Sorry for sounding dim can't be arsed reading back. If it was 5k it will be BG.

It was what mine cost me earlier this year. And significantly cheaper than BG even with rico's kind offer

Cheers, about to go on a call to find out if we will be ok.

Yes, they'll ask you for my name, Steve Richards and payroll number 25441. They may ask for department which is Smart Metering.

Don't answer the door in the mask.

Alright la, appreciate the discount you gave. Had the fella out yesterday and he gave me a quote before I told him about the discount. He emailed me a revised quote last night with it on but the £400 boiler discount was missing from it. Do you know if that gets taken away if you take the staff discount?

Any news on the job?