You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson retiring Imminent.

TheHitman

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be their Hodgson moment.

Astonished by this. Always said Ferguson would retire out the blue so I'm not surprised in the manner in which this has player out so quickly. However, I never in a million years believed they would punt for Moyes, a manager so totally unproven at the highest level of football and in Europe. I'm fucking gobsmacked. We have seen how one bad appointment can see a club and years worth of success unravel so quickly.

Just had a cursory glance at grandoldteam, at who they want as a replacement for the Moyesiah. Try not to piss yourself.

Mourinho could do with a proper challenge. Every club he's had since Porto have thrown unlimited money at him, and were big favourites for titles anyway.

Everton could be the next Porto for Mourinho.

In addition to this there are also mentions of Champions League finalist Jurgen Klopp, and Serie A winning Antonio Conte. I shit thee not.

Moyes is a ludicrous choice. If they want to keep winning then they should appoint a winner, not a loser like Moyes. I'd be made up if it happens though.

Mourinho would be the obvious choice but he rarely stays at a club for more than 3 seasons so that'll probably count against him. Surprised there's been no mention of Heynckes. Okay he's not getting any younger but he's at the peak of his powers and there are few better managers than him right now.

charles-ramsay-1071862-flash.jpg

I was just mindin' ma own business, man, eating ma McDonalds, when this crazy Scotch dude with a great big old red nose came runnin' towards me with a bottle of I don't know what, and he said, 'I'm Alex Ferguson an' I wanna retire - gimme your phone!' So I gives him ma phone and this guy started callin' everyone in the goddam world saying 'I'm retirin'!' I tell you, every day, it's CRAZY round here, a man can't eat his Big Mac in peace!

Antonio Conte is a legend. No idea what he;s like as a manager though, but he;s a legend.

He's in the same camp as De Boer, Donadoni, Albertini, Rijkaard as trendy managers, but who never had Messi playing for them.

Thank christ that Guardiola was already sewn up by Bayern. I always wondered why they announced that signing early, and now I understand.

I think all this Moyes talk puts our recruitment of Rodgers into perfect perspective.

Can't lie here: I have mixed emotions about that senile fuck retiring.

Obviously I'm delighted because I can't stand the piss stained tramp and the hold he has on English football, no news is better.

But I'm absolutely gutted that we never got to win it whilst he was at the helm. If there was ever one fucker I wanted us to beat to the title it was that prick.

This is brilliant. This is the first time that the United shit generation have had to endure a managerial hunt since 1986.

We've bundled through 7 or 8 during the same period. (Just making sure...Kenny, Souness, Evans, Evans/Houllier, Houllier, (Thommo doesn't count), Benitez, Hodgson, Kenny, Rodgers = 9). Fucking 9. And cunts like Code want it to be 10.

Whoever United get in, it's not going to be Ferguson. And that's ace.

I can't see them going for a foreign manager either, just cant see it, doesnt look right.

Can't lie here: I have mixed emotions about that senile fuck retiring.

Obviously I'm delighted because I can't stand the piss stained tramp and the hold he has on English football, no news is better.

But I'm absolutely gutted that we never got to win it whilst he was at the helm. If there was ever one fucker I wanted us to beat to the title it was that prick.

Istanbul 05 was enough for me. All them years hard work evaporating in one season with Rafa.

Fucking whiskey cunt.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
This is brilliant. This is the first time that the United shit generation have had to endure a managerial hunt since 1986.

We've bundled through 7 or 8 during the same period. (Just making sure...Kenny, Souness, Evans, Evans/Houllier, Houllier, (Thommo doesn't count), Benitez, Hodgson, Kenny, Rodgers = 9). Fucking 9. And cunts like Code want it to be 10.

Whoever United get in, it's not going to be Ferguson. And that's ace.

I can't see them going for a foreign manager either, just cant see it, doesnt look right.

Code is our version of the guy holding up the '3 years of crap' banner at United. Except it's 3 months with Code.

I may be on my own here but i think Moyes is a smart choice Yernited have a strong squad that will finish in the top 2 again next season and if they recruit a top talent like Bale/Falcao hard to see the other challengers topling them basicaly they are like a machine that runs itself they dont need an overhaul whisky nose has done that already so dont be surprised to see Moyes lifting title next season

Well, well, well. I recently posted that it wouldn't be long, and so it came to pass. Fuck me, I've waited more than a decade for this day. And all of a sudden it's here.

I have purchased a few cans of appropriate refreshments to celebrate today's wonderful news. As it happens, Norway has its flags at full mast today celebrating the capitulation of Nazi Germany — what a timing!

Gentlemen, raise your glasses!

FERGUSON ARRESTED AS PART OF OPERATION YEWTREE

The veteran manager was arrested early today accused of an historic physical assault on a nine year old Glaswegian girl.

57441021-blurred-view-of-a-young-girl-holding-a-bottle-photos-com.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=8A33AE939F2E01FF6EA9895B9B372E4F105553802A74B5E0CA76418597721A6BE30A760B0D811297

It was horrible. He came at me, snarling, and then he gripped my wrist really hard and said, 'Gimme that bottle, lil girl, gimme it now!!!' I was terrified.