You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson retiring Imminent.

TheHitman

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

I hope they replace him with someone I already dislike, to save me the hassle of having to get to dislike someone new.

Mourinho may think that he is capable of bettering Ferguson's Champions League record.

True, but i just wonder whether his experience in Madrid may have slightly castrated his ego, and running back to plastic flags and hand drawn banners professing their love at Chelsea is just what he'll want.

If he goes to United it's unlikely he'll get near Fergie's record, he can't spend huge amounts and totally reinvent the squad each year and even if he does well the majority of the fans will ascribe it to the old man sat in the stands and his influence.

Superb, I do hope so, go for Martinez then, lol. Getting the most out of average players and maximising your return on a limited budget (both debatable) is an entirely different skill set from managing a big club, winning titles and CL's, managing and recruiting big name players.

They're going for the continuity aspect which isn't surprising, who can take us on for another fifteen years rather than just getting the best available manager.

I'll be far more worried if they go for Klopp or Maureen. Moyes has no track record and will come under a massive amount of pressure if he makes a slow start.

Please, please, please go for Moyes.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say I think it will be Moyes and Ferguson has already chosen his successor. The fact he's staying on in this "ambassadorial" role (i.e. continue to act like a cunt and be a malign influence on the FA/refs) would rule out any big name coming in, I'd say. Who would want to work under him? Someone like Moyes, that's who.

It could be spun to the fans as the old master mentoring his young countryman, ensuring some continuity in a difficult succession. I'd love to see it happen but a tiny part of me would be fearful of Moyes actually doing well (despite what we all say about him he's a decent manager).

It is all very well planned. No one knew about it.

United will not go downwards now. This is all well planned, a smooth transition. Their tactics, influence on and off the pitch won't change much regardless to who succeeds Ferguson. Their legacy, Ferguson's legacy will continue for many years.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say I think it will be Moyes and Ferguson has already chosen his successor. The fact he's staying on in this "ambassadorial" role (i.e. continue to act like a cunt and be a malign influence on the FA/refs) would rule out any big name coming in, I'd say. Who would want to work under him? Someone like Moyes, that's who.

Exactly. It's Moyes.

It is all very well planned. No one knew about it.

United will not go downwards now. This is all well planned, a smooth transition. Their tactics, influence on and off the pitch won't change much regardless to who succeeds Ferguson. Their legacy, Ferguson's legacy will continue for many years.

Of course their tactics will change, you blithering idiot.

It will kick off a period of instability for them. I wouldn't be surprised if the new guy isn't there in two or three years. Ferguson retiring can only be a good thing.

He's been a fantastic manager. The way he built team after team, it's just admirable really.

Of course their tactics will change, you blithering idiot.

It will kick off a period of instability for them. I wouldn't be surprised if the new guy isn't there in two or three years. Ferguson retiring can only be a good thing.

Sorry to ruin your party, It might be a good thing for Chelsea, Mourinho, Rafa, Mancini and City, but we are about 30 points behind United. Everything runs so smoothly at Old Trafford, on and off the pitch. That's why FSG call them for advice when they need it.

If you think we'll kick them out of the Top 4 or knock them off their perch you need a reality check.

Edited by Nightcat