You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I wouldn't mind it if we tried the waters on Dzeko with a £12 mill bid, if nothing else then to see what the response would be, both from City and the player.

And if there is real interrest maybe go as high as £18 mill, with two of those millions being the normal "stick it to LFC" price-addon

£20 mill would be to much in my oppinion for a player that is obviously not going to get a whole lot of games in his current situation.

That being said, this is City we're talking about and with that they only have to sell if they wish to sell themselves. Money is no issue for them and they've played hardball and won with disgruntled and surplus players before.

Goals. He scores them. And they win you games.

If we lose Gnasher, I would hope a question is at least asked, as already discussed- I find it extremely unlikely but you never know.

Can't see Rodgers wanting that type of player. Wouldn't mind him here, myself. He's certainly effective.

If we lose Gnasher, I would hope a question is at least asked, as already discussed- I find it extremely unlikely but you never know.

Fanchester City summed up my view of him pretty much on here once, he doesn't look particularly good at anything but he somehow still ends up scoring goals on a regular basis

Should Luis go I'd be happy enough with Soldado as a replacement in terms of scoring goals but we'd also need better players around him to create things to fill the Suarez void

" If we lose Gnasher"....

Eh? Ive only just joined. I'm going nowhere, it'll cost more than 55 mil before i go to fucking arsenal.

Rodgers saying today that he might not sign another centre half because what he's seen from Toure and Wisdom has been so encouraging. I'd say that I'm fine with this, personally. I would only sign another centre half at this stage if we sell Skrtel.

Rodgers saying today that he might not sign another centre half because what he's seen from Toure and Wisdom has been so encouraging. I'd say that I'm fine with this, personally. I would only sign another centre half at this stage if we sell

In friendlies against a load of shite, but why worry it will save the owners a few bob and that's what comes first.

Rodgers saying today that he might not sign another centre half because what he's seen from Toure and Wisdom has been so encouraging. I'd say that I'm fine with this, personally. I would only sign another centre half at this stage if we sell Skrtel.

Was a friendly against poor opposition but was hugely impressed by Wisdom there against Melbourne

If history tells us anything, pre-seasons performances are no indicator of anything, good or bad, team or individual. I have no issue in wisdom being 4th choice centre half (or to be fair to him, part of the 4 who's to say he won't play?), but I'd like to think Rodgers would have formed that opinion in competitive games and not pre-season nonsense against what are comparatively speaking a bunch of amateurs.

If history tells us anything, pre-seasons performances are no indicator of anything, good or bad, team or individual. I have no issue in wisdom being 4th choice centre half (or to be fair to him, part of the 4 who's to say he won't play?), but I'd like to think Rodgers would have formed that opinion in competitive games and not pre-season nonsense against what are comparatively speaking a bunch of amateurs.

Wisdom played plenty of first team games last season though mate. Admittedly it was at right back, but he always did well when he played - especially considering he was out of position. He seems like a really well-rounded player to me and he has come on in leaps and bounds recently. I think he has everything required to be a quality player for us.

I hate going against the grain, but its just something I feel I need to say.

I believe Wisdom has great potential. He is positive with the ball and he is strong and quick.

However, I keep reading that his positioning and reading of the game are excellent, and I don't know if you've ever been in the situation when loads of people are saying the exact opposite of what you think. It's bizarre.

So I'm going to get it off my chest. Andre Wisdom has loads of potential to be a great player but what he needs to work on massively are his positioning and (therefore) reading of the game. I've seen him standing on the edge of the six-yard box when he should have been closing down the huge space the opposition are racing into.

So, although there are loads of things you can praise Wisdom for, I just cannot see how anyone can praise him for his positioning!

It was like loads of people talking about how Peter Crouch was dominant in the air when we bought him - it was just like, are you kidding?

I believe Wisdom has great potential. He is positive with the ball and he is strong and quick.

However, I keep reading that his positioning and reading of the game are excellent, and I don't know if you've ever been in the situation when loads of people are saying the exact opposite of what you think. It's bizarre.

So I'm going to get it off my chest. Andre Wisdom has loads of potential to be a great player but what he needs to work on massively are his positioning and (therefore) reading of the game. I've seen him standing on the edge of the six-yard box when he should have been closing down the huge space the opposition are racing into.

So, although there are loads of things you can praise Wisdom for, I just cannot see how anyone can praise him for his positioning!

It was like loads of people talking about how Peter Crouch was dominant in the air when we bought him - it was just like, are you kidding?

Yeah their were a few times he was caught out of position last season. What I would say in his defence though, is that he isn't a fullback and that probably had a fairly significant effect on his positioning.

Rodgers saying today that he might not sign another centre half because...

Because the owners won't let him spend any money unless they sell Suarez and because he is their Yesman, he won't say anything against them, so he has to fabricate excuses.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Because the owners won't let him spend any money unless they sell Suarez and because he is their Yesman, he won't say anything against them, so he has to fabricate excuses.

Just like Kenny, yeah?

I don't disagree with this completely but I think you have to bear in mind that he's only 19. These are things that are going to ironed out of his game over the next year or so. It's also worth remembering that when he does get caught of position he tends to recover really well. He has a decent amount of pace, he's strong as an ox and he has that confident, competitive nature that you need in a top centre half. It's just a shame that Carra isn't still here to teach him the positional side of the game..

Flanagan wanted by Derby, either on loan or permanently depending on who you believe. I think he's a good young player but not really the Rodgers type of full back, so this would make sense for all parties.

Jordan Rossiter was apparently very impressive in a friendly today. Cross your fingers that this lad doesn't get any injuries that slow his progress. Huge potential in him.

Flanagan wanted by Derby, either on loan or permanently depending on who you believe. I think he's a good young player but not really the Rodgers type of full back, so this would make sense for all parties.

Jordan Rossiter was apparently very impressive in a friendly today. Cross your fingers that this lad doesn't get any injuries that slow his progress. Huge potential in him.

Yep, Rossiter looks very good.

So does Will Hughes for Derby. Take him when we sell/loan them Flanagan.

Yep, Rossiter looks very good.

So does Will Hughes for Derby. Take him when we sell/loan them Flanagan.

I think it will most likely be a loan, Derby County are renowned for not spending money since Clough took over.

Derby have a lot of good young players, but Will Hughes is definitely the pick of the bunch. Barcelona were allegedly one of the teams scouting him last year, the pricetag for him is already supposedly £10 million!

We should look to maybe try and loan a few players to Derby. I see them as the Championship version of us, American owners who don't want to splash the cash, A manager who tries to play football the right way and isn't afraid to put young players in.They are also underachieving considering the history and the size of the fanbase of the club.There are quite a few similarities between us!

42.5 million for Suarez now according to the sunday mirror.

I don't trust the sunday mirror, but if that's true Arsenal are taking the piss. They know he's better than Torres was when we sold him for more than that, so what the fuck they're doing I don't know. Maybe just pretending to be trying to buy him and then they'll save their money again and tell their fans that they at least tried? Is Wenger just retarded in the transfer market or what? It's almost as if he loathes the idea of buying anyone at all because it means his plan of developing players has failed or something.

And what part of "not selling to a rival" don't they understand? I'm beginning to loathe that club.

I don't trust the sunday mirror, but if that's true Arsenal are taking the piss. They know he's better than Torres was when we sold him for more than that, so what the fuck they're doing I don't know. Maybe just pretending to be trying to buy him and then they'll save their money again and tell their fans that they at least tried? Is Wenger just retarded in the transfer market or what? It's almost as if he loathes the idea of buying anyone at all because it means his plan of developing players has failed or something.

And what part of "not selling to a rival" don't they understand? I'm beginning to loathe that club.

Seriously. Being in America it's a nice surprise to find an Arsenal fan as opposed to one of Chelsea, Manc, or one of the big two in Spain but I'm starting to really hate them. Funnily enough I've just seen an Arsenal supporter on Facebook commenting on a TIA post "FREE SUAREZ". As if he wouldn't pull the same shit (assuming it's all to be believed) within 2 years of being there after realizing they have less of chance than we do of winning anything. They might be better off than us for the moment but seeing as history tends to repeat itself I've got my doubts that will carry on for much longer.