You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
To get the best out of Soldado we'd require some good service from wide areas. Which we don't tend to do.

I think he's class, but it would be a signing completely out of character with FSG (in terms of age and resale value) and Rodgers' (tactically) vision for the club.

True, but he would thrive on the through-balls and cut backs from the likes of Coutinho and Suarez (if he doesn't play for those cunts in London).

I think he's class, but it would be a signing completely out of character with FSG (in terms of age and resale value) and Rodgers' (tactically) vision for the club.

That's partly why I'd be so happy if we signed him. We shouldn't be so rigid in our approach to things. It'd be a serious relief to know that once in a while we can decide to make an exception and mix things up a little, even if it does cost us around 30mil. It's not as if we don't currently have the cash either. I hope this doesn't turn into FSG's main weakness, it'd be badly frustrating.

That's without even mentioning the confidence boost it'll give all of our players to make a signing like that. I hope there's at least someone at the club pointing issues like this out anyway, and that they're listening.

True, but he would thrive on the through-balls and cut backs from the likes of Coutinho and Suarez (if he doesn't play for those cunts in London).

Oh, agreed. I don't think Suarez will be playing for those cunts in London, he'll be playing for those cunts in Madrid though.

Wouldn't mind nicking Feghouli off Valencia as well. Straight swap for Downing perhaps.

What?

What?

What?

tumblr_mbo0osKg7d1ryv12ko1_500.gif

Looks like our window has been effected by Luis whether he's staying or going. Seems CL chances aren't seen without him. Naive to think that but it makes sense. Think if Luis said he was staying then wed sign some quick. Players want cl football and Suarez going would prevent our chances in there eyes.

But I thought we 'were getting our business done early'?

We got the squad fillers in but the real quality BR spoke about is yet to come, is that cos they knew Luis would go and they'll just use that money to buy 'quality' rather than use their own?

We may have different targets depending on whether Suarez stays or goes, which may explain Rodgers' reference to a cut off point.

That's partly why I'd be so happy if we signed him. We shouldn't be so rigid in our approach to things. It'd be a serious relief to know that once in a while we can decide to make an exception and mix things up a little, even if it does cost us around 30mil. It's not as if we don't currently have the cash either. I hope this doesn't turn into FSG's main weakness, it'd be badly frustrating.

That's without even mentioning the confidence boost it'll give all of our players to make a signing like that. I hope there's at least someone at the club pointing issues like this out anyway, and that they're listening.

Could Rodgers not have thought to try this with Carroll?

But I thought we 'were getting our business done early'?

We got the squad fillers in but the real quality BR spoke about is yet to come' date=' is that cos they knew Luis would go and they'll just use that money to buy 'quality' rather than use their own?[/quote']

We bid for the Armenian and the Greek

Lucas says hello...

Him being the exception (possibly because he is distinctively average) S.American players tend to use every trick in the book to get out of a club they no longer like then stand there with butter wouldn't melt look on the face.

Should've bought German.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Hundreds

I don't want any more South American footballers that's a cert, to make a very sweeping statement they are all whining tarts, even mascherano who I seen as a warrior was a snide bitch.

Yeah, no more players of the standard of Luis,Coutinho or Mash please. Because they'll want to leave us eventually, after a couple of brilliant seasons. And more Downings please, players who want to stay with no ambition. That's what we want.

Him being the exception (possibly because he is distinctively average) S.American players tend to use every trick in the book to get out of a club they no longer like then stand there with butter wouldn't melt look on the face.

Should've bought German.

So we shouldn't be buying players who come in and turn out to brilliant for a couple of seasons and then having to sell them on for a huge profit? As unhappy as we are with Suarez at the moment we're still going to double our money on him.

Said this on other forum as well...

We have to remember that the team and manager are the other side of the world. No chance any player of top quality is signing without assurances from Rodgers face to face. Someone on here called this just before team left on tour and everyone forgot it very quickly. Phone calls won't work - give them a break.

Twitter is like bad aids for transfer window.

In reality fuck all is going to happen until they get back. I'd imagine Rodgers is smart enough to realize he is not shit coat or Guardiola and put in a call. He will want to get in front of these lads and sell his vision. He said as much about mikkkk.... he didn't get an audience

Should've bought German.

I still can't believe what happened with Podolski. He was regularly great for the national side, yet he was allowed to go back to his original club Koln for years and nobody seemed to show any interest at all. Even the Koln fans had to gather some money to help get his transfer back there sorted!

Now look how well he's doing. That whole thing is one of the most bizarre issues with a footballer I've ever known. If we'd have bought him years ago I'm totally convinced he'd have been great for us, and it regularly bugs me.

Look at their current squad here too, and just below it the recent call ups. Not many of those players at all even outside their country, weird : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany_national_football_team#Current_squad