You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
NV, I was referring to the R BENO's post above, should have pointed that out since too many posts appeared in the meantime

Oh. See what you're saying.

Point being we haven't improved enough to push on and challenge those who finished above us last year and FSG have hardly spent a penny this summer .

ah fuck it - it's our league this year.

Think positive everyone. Back where we belong.

As has been mentioned by many posters time to panic will be after the window shuts if we haven't brought in a few more first teamers, and replaced Suarez if need be.

The first team needs 2 players and Suarez would obviously need replacing.

I'm not saying I'm feeling particularly confident but I will wait and see. The morning of September 1st will tell us a lot about where the team and the owners are going.

shite??? ffs the seasons not started yet and every arsehole is whinging already... get a grip .. "supporters"??? ffs....

Hang on, I'm not whinging. I just offered my theory as to why some of our fans are so melodramatic. We have been fairly shite for four consecutive seasons, finishing 7th, 6th, 8th and 7th in the league. Had we been more successful, finishing in the top 4 and making progress in the Champions League, then I think people would be reacting differently to things.

I don't think we need a centre forward. We need a more flexible forward. Aspas can play through the middle, as can Borini. I'd be more keen we got another Aspas-type player who can play across the forward line than spending a shit load on a out-and-out striker.

I agree.

Valencia coach Miroslav Djukic has admitted to the Spanish press that the possibility of Roberto Soldado leaving is real and the hunt has begun for his replacement. Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed that the striker remains a transfer target for Tottenham Hotspur, despite Valencia previously warning that they will have to meet his release clause of €30milion (£25.8m).

skysports

FSG are waiting Spurs to buy Soldado, so they can have an excuse of not spending anything when they sell Suarez.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
FSG are waiting Spurs to buy Soldado, so they can have an excuse of not spending anything when they sell Suarez.

Why do they hate us so much, that's what I want to know. I mean, if they hated us so much why bother buying us in the first place?

Why do they hate us so much, that's what I want to know. I mean, if they hated us so much why bother buying us in the first place?

So that they can ruin the club from the inside and make us all cry (at which point they'll laugh maniacally and blow up Anfield).

You'd think we'd bid properly for Soldado from the off so that we can give Luis confidence that we're making a real effort. Maybe we'll hear more about it soon, and whether or not FSG are willing to put some decent money towards an older and more experienced player.

I hope they are bidding for him because it'd be good to have a more experienced striker up there with Luis if he stays. It could help us turn into real contenders for 4th at least, especially if Bale leaves Spurs.

If Luis does stay though and we don't buy another striker, then once again we're over-reliant on one player, which clearly doesn't look good for our chances. In that situation I'm not really bothered if people are kicking off, because it's probably justified to an extent.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Maddock saying we're reviving our interest in Papadopoulos with Napoli looking at Skrtel. I hope that comes off.

You'd think we'd bid properly for Soldado from the off so that we can give Luis confidence that we're making a real effort. Maybe we'll hear more about it soon, and whether or not FSG are willing to put some decent money towards an older and more experienced player.

I haven't watched Soldado at any length, but given he's a CF and what others have said, isn't he more likely to be a replacement for Suarez rather than an addition to? If Suarez is staying I think we'd be looking more at an attacking midfielder wouldn't we?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I haven't watched Soldado at any length, but given he's a CF and what others have said, isn't he more likely to be a replacement for Suarez rather than an addition to? If Suarez is staying I think we'd be looking more at an attacking midfielder wouldn't we?

It would be a strange replacement, if it were to happen. It'd be a bit like replacing (to give two crude examples to make a point) Maradona with Shearer. Not exact equivalents, but Soldado is a more of a top notch striker than a player who can beat defenders and all that jazz.

We'd surely want to bring in another player who can do all the creative work, and all that snot.

Sounds like Soldado would be perfect to pair up with Luis. It'll suck if Spurs end up with him and also keep Bale, because that clearly means our chances aren't looking so good. After all the fucking around Spurs have given us by going after our targets over recent years, getting Soldado could be just the right bit of karma for them. I really hope it happens if we're seriously after him.

To get the best out of Soldado we'd require some good service from wide areas. Which we don't tend to do.

I think he's class, but it would be a signing completely out of character with FSG (in terms of age and resale value) and Rodgers' (tactically) vision for the club.