You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would it be racist to...

Baltar

I'm definitely a bit racist. I used to be more racist but as I grew up I got past that, so now it's a more in built, unintended stereotyping type of racism.

I wish it didn't exist but it does.

An example is that if walking on my in an area I don't know too well, my guard will go up more if a group of normal looking Asian or black lads are walking towards me than if a group of white lads.

Obviously if it's dodgy looking lads, my guard goes up irrespective of race.

I can't help it, I'm afraid.

Fuggedaboutit

I just want to speak up for the Asians. People say, oh but they don't try to fitted in with our customs...

Well, I was in Ikea the other night and these three Asian ladies, fairly tasty they were too, probably Chinese, with three kids were in front of me in the bit where you can't physically pass someone if you have a trolley. They were fucking SAUNTERING along while the kids ran everywhere, constantly in front of my trolley almost like I didn't exist.

So well done to those ladies, don't let anyone say you don't adopt the British culture of being an absolute fucking mong with no sense of manners of awareness when in public.

• Upvote 2

I just want to speak up for the Asians. People say, oh but they don't try to fitted in with our customs...

Well, I was in Ikea the other night and these three Asian ladies, fairly tasty they were too, probably Chinese, with three kids were in front of me in the bit where you can't physically pass someone if you have a trolley. They were fucking SAUNTERING along while the kids ran everywhere, constantly in front of my trolley almost like I didn't exist.

So well done to those ladies, don't let anyone say you don't adopt the British culture of being an absolute fucking mong with no sense of manners of awareness when in public.

Thats the quota innit? 

That sounds a little racist.

I got in a taxi with my drum kit one night and the boy goes, "You in a band then?", "No, I just take a drum kit everywhere with me mate.". Anyway, he asked what kind of band it was and when I told him it was a Motown covers band he asked, "Do yous black up for it?". "I'm not sure the black people in the band would be too keen on that.", was the best response I could muster under the circumstances. This story did not take place in the 1940s by the way.

although Stax as you know, should have informed this charmer that Soul Man is great song, not a great film

Although I still hold a few prejudices i can confidently say race has never been one of them.

I expect newborn babies to be ugly.

I expect young kids to be mischievous and entertaining for a stage.

I then expect them to be irritating cunts.

They then turn into galactic cunts.

There's a middle stage where I just want to avoid most people.

And then the oldies fall into 3 categories;

The sound old ones you want to buy a pint, listen to them talk and learn.

The rude, miserable cunts.

And the oxygen thieves.

I've never found race to be involved either more or less predominantly in any stage other than old Caribbean men are fucking ace.

Rum, cricket, music, dominoes and sage advice.

I find a lot of Americans annoying racist cunts and a lot of Nigerians are thieving underhanded bastards that I try to avoid. Is that racist? I guess it might be in a way. Other than that I like to think I'm fairly open minded and everyone can go wherever the fuck they want in the world and be whoever the fuck they want to be.

Although I still hold a few prejudices i can confidently say race has never been one of them.

I expect newborn babies to be ugly.

I expect young kids to be mischievous and entertaining for a stage.

I then expect them to be irritating cunts.

They then turn into galactic cunts.

There's a middle stage where I just want to avoid most people.

And then the oldies fall into 3 categories;

The sound old ones you want to buy a pint, listen to them talk and learn.

The rude, miserable cunts.

And the oxygen thieves.

I've never found race to be involved either more or less predominantly in any stage other than old Caribbean men are fucking ace.

Rum, cricket, music, dominoes and sage advice.

Old Caribbean men are just fucking ace...

They just seem to have an Island everything gonna be alright.

Played football with a predominantly over 35 Caribbean team (I was keepr...they never liked being in goal for some reason?) and it was great after fhe match and a few pints..oh, and the food...jerk chicken to die for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Primark have had to withdraw a t-shirt due to a complaint that it was 'fantastically offensive' by a customer in Sheffield:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39051079/backlash-after-primark-pulls-fantastically-offensive-walking-dead-t-shirt

The t-shirt has 'Eeny Meeny Miny Moe' written on it along with a picture of a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire - in reference to The Walking Dead tv programme.

I don't know the song myself, I thought it was a way to get children to count their fingers/toes. Is there anyone on here who would see that t-shirt in the street & think it was racially offensive?

Primark have had to withdraw a t-shirt due to a complaint that it was 'fantastically offensive' by a customer in Sheffield:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39051079/backlash-after-primark-pulls-fantastically-offensive-walking-dead-t-shirt

The t-shirt has 'Eeny Meeny Miny Moe' written on it along with a picture of a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire - in reference to The Walking Dead tv programme.

I don't know the song myself, I thought it was a way to get children to count their fingers/toes. Is there anyone on here who would see that t-shirt in the street & think it was racially offensive?

Catch a tiger by the toe?

Catch a tiger by the toe?

Ah, I've just looked it up & apparently people used to replace the word 'tiger' with the name of the dog out of Dambusters.

Genuinely did not know that.

I'm still not convinced that the t-shirt is racist though.

This image relates directly to the practice of assaulting black people in America

Erm, no it doesn't you tit.

• Upvote 3