You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Miniature Anfield Replica...

dave u

Got this email and said I'd try and help him out...

"Dear all,

ABOUT ME:

Let's introduce myself first: I am Ard Muis, a Feyenoord supporter from Holland. A few years ago i started to develop a handmade miniature stadium kit of our stadium: De Kuip, Rotterdam. The reason was that there was not a single item on the market of our stadium and i wanted my "second home" proudly in my display. Because the final result was very nice my friends wanted one too. This was no easy job, because it (was) not my profession to make such a stadium kit ready to mass production, but because everybody i spoke during a PRE MATCH DRINKING SESSION was enthusiastic about the idea i decided to go for it.

RESULT:

To cut the story a little shorter, i sold about 800 stadiums in the last 3 years. That's why i thought: Let's try other clubs (especially English clubs, because they have the same passion as we Feyenoord supporters do).

LIVERPOOL:

So here we are… I contact Liverpool about 2 years ago, and off and on we have contact about making a replica of Anfield stadium. The reason that it is not in production yet, is that the merchandising department is not sure they will sell at least 150 pieces (which i think is not so hard, because you have more supporters then we have).

REQUEST:

To tackle this issue i started a poll on my MiniStadiums Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/MiniStadiums?v=app_126231547426086& ) to check the interest. So far 9 people voted for a Anfield stadium. I think this can be much higher if i get some support of a website like yours. For example some attention on your site, Facebook or twitter account. Together we can convince the merchandising department that Liverpool can sell easily a few hundred pieces. "

Sounds like a good idea to me, can't believe LFC reckon they might not sell 150 of them, they could do that in a few days I reckon, depending on price.

I've got replicas of the Nou Camp and Bernabeu from visits there, I'd like one of Anfield too if it was any good and reasonably priced.

LIVERPOOL:

So here we are… I contact Liverpool about 2 years ago, and off and on we have contact about making a replica of Anfield stadium. The reason that it is not in production yet, is that the merchandising department is not sure they will sell at least 150 pieces (which i think is not so hard, because you have more supporters then we have).

I have a product I am trying to get into the LFC stores as well, the merchandising team have been messing me around as well.

I'm worried that by the time his miniature Anfields go into mass production we'll have a super duper new Anfield (or shiny new stadium). It'd be like in Superman III where the souvenir trader is selling 'Leaning tower of Pisa' models only for bad Superman to straighten the tower (later reversed by good Superman) which makes his models worthless.

I'm worried that by the time his miniature Anfields go into mass production we'll have a super duper new Anfield (or shiny new stadium). It'd be like in Superman III where the souvenir trader is selling 'Leaning tower of Pisa' models only for bad Superman to straighten the tower (later reversed by good Superman) which makes his models worthless.

Think he'll be safe shifting a few before our " Supermen" get around to fiddling with our ground though.

I had an old Anfield model with the standing kop on it. Rather than being outdated it was a relic to a better time. You could point out were you stood. Although I think they are a bit sad. If we move it will become a valid momento.To some.

I remember the old ones, with the standing in the Anny Road and the different banks of colouring seats. Back in the day when the club shop was a more or less portacabin or tiny shop that sold scarfs, programmes, hats and model stadiums. Always wanted the one advertised in the programme.

I'd likely be up for one, but would depend on quality and cost obviously.

I've voted.

Had a look at the Feyenoord model on his FB page. Looks like its made of plasticard or paper/card with printed facia. No idea of scale either. It's all in Dutch, so hard to know.

See Everton got 1 vote, but to be authentic any Goodison model would have to be matchstick based!

Guest San Don

Didnt the souvie shop used to sell a small replica of Anfield a few years ago? Think they were about 6 inches by 6 and about 4 inches tall? Surely they sold more than 150 of them? Or did they charge a silly price and only sell 10!?

Guest ShoePiss

I'd love one of these, it would have pride of place on the dinner table next to the white ceramic chicken. Nah they're good for putting on a desk at work or at home, they gave a Portland Timbers model stadium away to the first 1000 supporters in on a match day last season and they looked boss.

Actually what I think will happen here is the club will realise there is a market and have them made in China for 2p and sell them £20 in the club shop.

Theres a seller on Ebay who sells card models of Anfield with working flood lights, I use to have one myself (minus the floodlights) and to be honest the quality wasn't very good. Also had one where you had to paint it yourself and stick the roof tops on etc. I think there would be a market for them, depending on quality and price of course

Guest ShoePiss

I have access to a 3D printer, I bet that could do a boss one with the right input file. I wonder if the google 3D image would work.

Dutch lad I'm nicking your idea and making it better. Unlucky and I don't care how Ard you are.

Guest ShoePiss
Does it come with a full size Spearing to run around in it?

Naturally, it's smart marketing by FSG because it can now double up as a Halloween decoration with Spearing's pumpkin head.

Guest San Don
Funnneees attempts at building a replica of the new stadium didn't go to well.

a-sinkhole-in-guatemala-city.jpg

Kinell, entrance for journey to the centre of the earth found!