You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Golf Thread

lifetime fan

Westwood leading on hole 17 at Sawgrass here in the Players. How many times have we seen him lead then fuck it right up. Funny seeing his caddy (His new missus he jibbed his bird for) carrying his clubs behind him. He's got it fucking made that fella. 

His shot on 17 was a disgrace in all honesty. One behind and he plays to the centre of the green which leaves a treacherous putt with the pin location they had.

Meanwhile, JT, whose stock shot is a fade, steps up and hits a big draw on a really tough tee shot on 18. He got a break with it but he deserved it for having the balls to face up to the challenge like that.

Westwood then suddenly gets brave 18 but it was too late, he needed to do that on 17.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, Spieth just won for the first time since the 2017 Open.

With his recent return to form (his shortgame has been fantastic of late), I think he'll be in the hunt for a second green jacket this week.

Who's your Masters favourite?

9 hours ago, lebron said:

So, Spieth just won for the first time since the 2017 Open.

With his recent return to form (his shortgame has been fantastic of late), I think he'll be in the hunt for a second green jacket this week.

Who's your Masters favourite?

Can’t see past Dustin again tbh. Justin Rose is worth an e/w bet at 66/1

• 1 month later...

I’ve enjoyed watching this, it’s a proper challenge with the wind coming in off the Atlantic. Reminds me of Pebble Beech in California where the wind comes in off the Pacific instead. Too many American courses are set up for the big hitters, but this course requires players to use their nouse. The Europeans and South Africans seem to be dealing with it better than a lot of American golfers as they grow up playing on windy courses on the coast.

My two bets are well out of it, Speith and Rose. I’d like to see Mickelson win again at 50, but I fancy Koepka to get over the line as he’s a major winning machine.