You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rivalry..

ScouseJim

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how you can call them inbred. I'm pretty sure most of the local lads on here have a red blue split in their families.

My grandad is a Everton season ticket holder. My Nans a red. My Ma's a blue. Arl fellas a red. Most families are like that.

Agree.

"are basically the same people as everyone else from the city." No they are not. I'm fuck all like any of them , for a start I wear decent grip. and I dont own a fellaini wig.

"it would be the end for us if things got out of hand." - The end? You plannin on taking a nuclear weapon with you then?

youre right about the poison being a shame, lads i work with would never say murderers or anything until derby day and they turn into fucking scumbags

If there is a big kick off and we are involved our club will be fucked.

I don't know how you can call them inbred. I'm pretty sure most of the local lads on here have a red blue split in their families.

My grandad is a Everton season ticket holder. My Nans a red. My Ma's a blue. Arl fellas a red. Most families are like that.

Exactly , some of the bile from both sets of supporters is pathetic.

If there is a big kick off and we are involved our club will be fucked.

wouldn't go as far as to say we would be fucked. there will be a few scraps along wembley way before and defo after when we have beaten them but no more than happens at most games at wembley. there was murder with city and man ure last season at wembley.... didn't even make the papers.

They'll be out to provoke us on Wembley Way. We need to rise above it.

Same as on the pitch, they'll try and make us lose our cool and bring us down to their level.

Keep our heads one and off the pitch, let them boil over & there will only be one winner - us.

Anything does kick off, its a given that it'll be "dem redshites fault".

Just like it always is :whistle:

wouldn't go as far as to say we would be fucked. there will be a few scraps along wembley way before and defo after when we have beaten them but no more than happens at most games at wembley. there was murder with city and man ure last season at wembley.... didn't even make the papers.

If you don't think it would make the papers if we were involved you're being very naive. It's a very sensitive time too.

If you don't think it would make the papers if we were involved you're being very naive. It's a very sensitive time too.

I'm sure if there is a full scale riot (ie; 1980 scottish cup final) then yeah it would make the papers but it wont be, their will just be a few scuffles that no-one will report on.

i think it is you who are being over-sensitive.

I'll be thousands of miles away watching it in San Fran so I dont envy you boys having to put up with the cunts on the streets, in the pubs and in work

you can get a top nosebag in the anfield bar on Lombard, the owner's a scouser i think.

I don't fancy the game at all.

We've turned 'em over twice this year, so third time lucky, they're due.

They'll be as desperate as fuck. Our form is getting worse and worse. And now more injuries.

Fuck, I hope I'm dead wrong.

It's an FA Cup semi and a derby nonetheless, so I'll think pleasant thoughts like 1977, look forward to it and hope for the best.

I'll be honest and say I'd have preferred Sunderland, but you can't deny it'll be an occasion and something to be savoured.

I don't fancy the game at all.

We've turned 'em over twice this year, so third time lucky, they're due.

They'll be as desperate as fuck. Our form is getting worse and worse. And now more injuries.

Fuck, I hope I'm dead wrong.

It's an FA Cup semi and a derby nonetheless, so I'll think pleasant thoughts like 1977, look forward to it and hope for the best.

I'll be honest and say I'd have preferred Sunderland, but you can't deny it'll be an occasion and something to be savoured.

I agree that the law of averages says those bitters will sneak a victory when it matters most to them.

If they beat us somehow then the final will be a piece of piss for one of the London clubs because they will have won their final in the semis!

We will beat them.

I hope the mong elements don't try to ruin the occasion, though I am certain there will be a few isolated incidents. Every effort must made to point out that the game takes place on the eve of the 23rd anniversary of a disaster that affected people affiliated to each side. The same prize was at stake - a place in the FA Cup Final. There is still a sizeable ignorant and ill-educated number in this country and elsewhere who think the disaster was down to poor crowd behaviour (the lies shouted loudly), so for fans to turn up looking to cause trouble will only reinforce that myth in the minds of these people. And the journalists and media people who have revelled in sticking the boot into LFC this season will absolutely go to town on us for it. Don't give them the satisfaction.

We will beat them.

I hope the mong elements don't try to ruin the occasion, though I am certain there will be a few isolated incidents. Every effort must made to point out that the game takes place on the eve of the 23rd anniversary of a disaster that affected people affiliated to each side. The same prize was at stake - a place in the FA Cup Final. There is still a sizeable ignorant and ill-educated number in this country and elsewhere who think the disaster was down to poor crowd behaviour (the lies shouted loudly), so for fans to turn up looking to cause trouble will only reinforce that myth in the minds of these people. And the journalists and media people who have revelled in sticking the boot into LFC this season will absolutely go to town on us for it. Don't give them the satisfaction.

I was going to post on this thread.... Don't need to now.

You are spot on.

Think we will do them but if we put a shift in like we have over the past few weeks we are fucked.

They won't need a team talk. You could see how much they wanted it last night and the 3-0 will be fresh in the memory. Need to be on our game that day. A defeat at the hands of them will make the criticism aimed at Kenny and the team last weekend look like friendly banter. The pressure would crank right up.

Amazing how everyone claims to know loads of decent blues in their family or circle of friensa but then 35,000 murderer-singing, hand in face gesturing, slobbering pond life turn up at the derby.

It's only a small city

Was thinking that myself. Though most of the blues I know are ok til the topic of conversation is football. It's different for the oldies, my grandad was a red and all his mates were blues, they had banter like the rest of us but the respect was there. Mutual. The youngsters these days are so steeped in bitterness they're like feral fucking creatures. When they all get together it's fucking poisonous.