You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan at Home 24/03/12

Xherdan

Beyond the pale, if that same Xi starts next game, we all know that KK lost the plot.

What quote are you talking about?

I'm saying nothing more about it. I don't want to get into a slanging match, and if I have misunderstood it then I apologise, but that is perculiar phrase to use.

The same club that won 3 trophies after drawing with birmingham, west ham and cardiff.

Look through our league seasons for the last 20 + years they are littered with defeats and draws against shit teams every season. We can't beat them because we go into games thinking "we're Liverpool, this team don't deserve to breathe the same air as us" but then forget that we actually have to play them and we get embarrassed time after time.

I remember losing at home to watford in 99. i think it was the only game they won that season. This is nothing new but it needs to be eradicated now. we're no better than these teams anymore so I wish we'd stop pretending we are.

And the players think they have made it cause there at liverpool,fucking joke our club has turned into we are liveing in the past and we have to accept it we are a big club of histories,we are not a big club present and i carnt ever see us regaining our top status

I'm curious, why?

Beyond the pale, as a turn of phrase, refers to Catherine The Great and the treatment of Jews, how is this relevant, unless of course there's some Bennynoon link I've missed?

Sir Alex Ferguson joins Sam Allardyce in criticising Rafael Benítez | Football | guardian.co.uk

I thought this was well known! Maybe it is me being paranoid.

Agree with all of that, mate.

I'm seriously worried about the direction of our football club. I can't help but feel that this summer is going to be a watershed and we could go one of two ways. We could either address our flaws and have a decent crack at the Champions League places or we could just descened further down into mediocrity and irrelevance. We're currently sliding towards the latter and in real danger of becoming a relic.

Big, big summer ahead.

It's horrible.

People make reference to 2005 and out poor league form in comparison to cup success. They're right to an extent. But in my opinion there is a big difference. You could see something being built in 2005. You could see a change in style and philosohphy. A brand new team was being built, with young foreign players who you would rightly afford bedding in time to. There were blips and crap games, fuck me I was stood on that piss sodden terrace in Burnley watching Djimi put in to his ow net, but underneath it all I was confident we were going the right direction and I could see the building blocks with a team which was being assembled on a relative shoe string budget.

I don't see that here. I'm really not confident we are going the right way and we know what we are building. I've been as caught up in the cup success as anyone but deep down I've had an underlying worry that it's just papering over the cracks. Performance wise in the league we have gone backwards in the past 12 months. It started so well last year, great enterprising football, intelligent movement, commiting men to attack, scoring freely and rock solid at the back. We are the polar opposite of that today. This isn't a blip or a bad rum of form. 6 wins in 5 months. 3 home league wins since August. For Christ sake, that is disgusting. It's gone on too long to be considered a blip, it's becoming normality. Losing to shite like Wigan QPR and Bolton is now accepted.

The same mistakes are being made. The same baffling teams and substitutions. Let's not fool ourselves that all we are lacking is a buy of luck. A few fancy passes and triangles in our own half isn't great football. Teams let us play, knowing we will do absolutely nothing to hurt them were it matters. To me, this team and set up is fundamentally flawed and results back that up. 451 at home to Wigan, the whipping boys of the league who brought about 30 fans. What the fuck Kenny.

As basic as it sounds, I just want him to come out and hammer them. Let us know that he is watching the same game as us. I keep hearing and telling myself that he knows this isn't acceptable and he will be dishing it out behind closed doors. And then I watch us and see the same mistakes, the same baffling team selections, week after week, and it tests my faith as to whether they are watching the same game as us. I don't know. Really want him to get it right and of course he needs the chance to rectify this season. No one has earnt the credit like Kenny has. But it's going to be a big job because we have gone backwards with a 100m quid receipt to show for it. How does he move on players he gas spent big money on whilst keeping face with the owners? I don't know. Just feel fucking shite at the moment about us. We are a million miles away from being a top side and a few decent cup performances doesn't consolidate that for me. Apologies for the essay.

It's horrible.

People make reference to 2005 and out poor league form in comparison to cup success. They're right to an extent. But in my opinion there is a big difference. You could see something being built in 2005.

In 2005 we were ravaged by injuries for most of the season as well.

I would like to see Sterling, Texiera and Shelvey play between now and the rest of the season and (as much as I don't rate him) give Caroll and Surez time together. I want to see something that is done to address the faults no matter how difficult the decision is, and by that I mean Carragher needs to move aside for Coates, Sterling needs to be on the bench, and Shelvey needs to start in stead of Henderson or Spearing.

Spot on mate its as though the big transfer fee of Henderson gives him a start not his form,Shelvey for me needs to start in his place the lad looks a threat when he goes forward and doesn't back out of a tackle.If Agger is fit he obviously starts alond side Skrtel and Coates on the bench with Carra if Agger isnt fir Coates should start,and as for Stearling i'd play him ahead of Kuyt til the end of the season Bellamy should (if fit) play before Downing and Carroll upfront with Suarez how else will they build a partnership not by getting 10 mins together at the end of a game big summer for Liverpool,FSG and Kenny (if Fsg keep him thats is).

Missed the game (looks like I didnt miss much) but I see Sterling played. At least, How did he do?

He did more then Downing, Henderson and Dirk in the short time he was on. Why the substitution took so long coming, well that's another matter.

Me too. I actually feel like we're turning into Aston Villa and theres fuck all we can do about it. Its horrible.

Who gives a fuck what we've spent? It doesnt mean that we havent got the makings of an excellent side. We've a top keeper, and our back 4 is as solid as it has been for years. Add Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez to the mix and you've got the makings of a pretty good side. All it needs is a little fine tuning.

Regardless of whether Downing and Adam had come in and been a bit better than they have been, they still would have been squad players in the long run. People are going off on one about the money spent and moaning about the league form (which is fair game) but please look at the bigger picture and realise, that, like 2005, there are excellent players there who will excel even further with a bit of fine tuning.

All of this is common sense.

Do you recognise that? Thats what you posted yesterday & now we're turning into Aston Villa!!! Wheres your common sense gone now?

Wow, you are sick in the head! That's "beyond the pale", lad.

As I said, I will apologise and it seems I should. I have read too much into the post, and I do apologise.

Watching City fuck up the league, after our own shite performance has clearly made me a little bit paranoid.

Can't argue with any of that, Randy. Top post.

Like I said in my earlier post, I just want us to be decisive this summer. No more half-measures and dithering. We need to make a decision, stick by it and invest fully and wholeheartedly in it.

I'm just sick of this club being a shambles both on and off the pitch.

It's horrible.

People make reference to 2005 and out poor league form in comparison to cup success. They're right to an extent. But in my opinion there is a big difference. You could see something being built in 2005. You could see a change in style and philosohphy. A brand new team was being built, with young foreign players who you would rightly afford bedding in time to. There were blips and crap games, fuck me I was stood on that piss sodden terrace in Burnley watching Djimi put in to his ow net, but underneath it all I was confident we were going the right direction and I could see the building blocks with a team which was being assembled on a relative shoe string budget.

I don't see that here. I'm really not confident we are going the right way and we know what we are building. I've been as caught up in the cup success as anyone but deep down I've had an underlying worry that it's just papering over the cracks. Performance wise in the league we have gone backwards in the past 12 months. It started so well last year, great enterprising football, intelligent movement, commiting men to attack, scoring freely and rock solid at the back. We are the polar opposite of that today. This isn't a blip or a bad rum of form. 6 wins in 5 months. 3 home league wins since August. For Christ sake, that is disgusting. It's gone on too long to be considered a blip, it's becoming normality. Losing to shite like Wigan QPR and Bolton is now accepted.

The same mistakes are being made. The same baffling teams and substitutions. Let's not fool ourselves that all we are lacking is a buy of luck. A few fancy passes and triangles in our own half isn't great football. Teams let us play, knowing we will do absolutely nothing to hurt them were it matters. To me, this team and set up is fundamentally flawed and results back that up. 451 at home to Wigan, the whipping boys of the league who brought about 30 fans. What the fuck Kenny.

As basic as it sounds, I just want him to come out and hammer them. Let us know that he is watching the same game as us. I keep hearing and telling myself that he knows this isn't acceptable and he will be dishing it out behind closed doors. And then I watch us and see the same mistakes, the same baffling team selections, week after week, and it tests my faith as to whether they are watching the same game as us. I don't know. Really want him to get it right and of course he needs the chance to rectify this season. No one has earnt the credit like Kenny has. But it's going to be a big job because we have gone backwards with a 100m quid receipt to show for it. How does he move on players he gas spent big money on whilst keeping face with the owners? I don't know. Just feel fucking shite at the moment about us. We are a million miles away from being a top side and a few decent cup performances doesn't consolidate that for me. Apologies for the essay.

Great post

Guest the boy
It's horrible...

...Apologies for the essay.

Good post.

We're lacking any sort of philosophy. Our haphazard approach to signing players and the handling of Carroll has manifested as confused performances on the pitch. I hope we dispense with Commoli immediately - if Dalglish identified the players he wanted brought in, the blame still lies with Commoli for the extortionate fees paid.

There's no evidence in how we set up or choose the team to suggest that the management has identified the flaws and is moving to correct them. The analogy of the cup runs painting over more fundamental cracks is a good one.

Edited by the boy

I won't be surprised if he Kenny resigns at close of business this season. I worship the ground he walks on, but also it seems now like he's walking an the ground I worship.

Of late, he hasn't given away anything to allay fears that he has lost his mojo. That press conference from the other day was the very first time I rolled my eyes at his first response to a reasonable question: ''you'll need to ask him'', was the reply to a question about whatever player said that Liverpool were tired near the end of the QPR game.

Cringe at the last thing he says.

[YOUTUBE]LSpnjddGy38&context=C42d8386ADvjVQa1PpcFOSjPrVbXKYfK8tvFreqjUKKOzrZ_fijGg=[/YOUTUBE]

Cringe at fucking what?

He tells a cunt journalist to cobble something together - which is what the cunts do anyway.

Cringe, by all means, at our performance. Cringe at the fact we won't be making the Champions League. Even cringe at the fact that, for probably the first time this season, Dalglish openly makes a criticism of his players. But 'cringe' at a parting comment to a cunt? What the fuck are you on about?