You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CARLING CUP FINAL

The Chef

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
I threw up earlier, I think there might be footage - lemme see what I can do

Lightweight.

4 cups of coffee and breakfast and managed to keep it all down here, hard as nails.

Just finished watching a recording of the game. We made it much harder than it should have been. For all our possession and corners we did not create enough clear chances. Well played Cardiff, especially for the fightback goal to make it 2-2. No corners all game, and then a couple of corners in quick succession at the death to give you a scrambled goal.

Great save from Gerrard's penalty. Charlie Adam's penalty was atrocious - touch of the Waddles there!

The bottom line is we got the win, and when you are in a cup final that's all that matters. We won a trophy and hopefully there will be more to come.

Well done you reds.

As Kenny rightly said its our name on the cup and thats what matters but fuck me we made hard work of it. Would have probably buried them had Johnsons shot gone in at the start. Anyway they dug in and a massive well done to the lads and to all the fans that had to put up with the shit with the trains.

Guest ShoePiss

I just witnessed lad off take place on facebook between a bitter and a red. Quality stuff, first one I've witnessed as this phenomenon wasn't invented 10 years ago when I was home.

The one person using lad the most would probably have been me granda back then "ay soft lad!" "make us a cuppa tea lad!"

The bitters are not happy with this win haha!

Not sure I agree - for me the most important thing is that we won the cup.

exactly, I'd hope Kenny, the squad and the owners haven't even thought anything like this as the priority has to be to win both the cups and get top 4, no way should Europa ever be considered an achievment

It doesn't matter that we won today. The fact that Henderson put in a poor performance, over shadows the whole game. Throw in the fact that Carroll wasn't as much as an influence as he's started to show recently, that's enough to make the supporters amongst us with extra chromosomes, go mental.

Errah its just the same twats every game on here ...pre-conceived opinions and whatever happens in the game doesn't matter..empty vessels and all that.This thread was a disgrace for the first 30 pages ,led by that koptalk reject brendan

I thought Carroll did ok today,theres definatly a player in there trying to come out .Henderson needs a break from the limelight,he's clearly lacking in confidence.Stevie is worrying me though,he's still not looking match fit

Guest ShoePiss
It doesn't matter that we won today. The fact that Henderson put in a poor performance, over shadows the whole game. Throw in the fact that Carroll wasn't as much as an influence as he's started to show recently, that's enough to make the supporters amongst us with extra chromosomes, go mental.

And then the icing; it's all about getting into the Europa next season.

I simply don't recognise our fanbase these days.