You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CARLING CUP FINAL

The Chef

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am seriously buzzing........Its been too long.

No disrespect to Cardiff.....but this should be ours.

Time to make room in the cabinet.

yeah we're great when we're favourites.

birmingham 2001, alaves 2001 and west ham 2006.

straightforward weren't they.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd take another night like any of those, to be honest. Better than mist finals, actually.

I'd take another night like any of those, to be honest. Better than mist finals, actually.

yeah in the end but they were all against so called inferior opposition and we won 2 on penalties and one with a golden goal.

I'm expecting to be put through the wringer as usual. anything better than that will be a bonus.

Guest San Don

The King wont disrespect Cardiff. He knows anything can happen in a one off game.

Just ask arse fans about the LC final last year against birmingham.

Favourites and won the cup? I'll take that again! They'll be a test though, not much difference between them and the likes of Blackburn, Wigan who we've struggled against, but think we'll match their desire and our quality will shine.

The recent debacle against Bolton shows that if you don't have the right approach in a given game you are expected to win, you are there for the taking.

I'm confident the trophy will be coming home, though I'm sure we will have to fight for the right to play before our quality has the chance to shine through. If we go down there and play without any fight, our extra quality will be neutralized.

Kenny knows, and he will have the team up for this.

Guest ShoePiss

I've deleted the last sentence to make this post respectable, you mean it's great to be going back to Wembley.

Would the Carling Cup even be worth 5-10m? Do the FA share the television rights money with the clubs? Would players likely get bonus for winning it? This is not to downplay the competition because I am psyched to be in the final, just curious about how much it is worth if anybody has any info.

The prize money is awarded by the Football League - The winners of the Carling Cup win £100,000 and the runners-up £50,000. The losing semi-finalists each take home £25,000.

19 Financial Rules

19.1 The proceeds of each match after paying thereout the travelling expenses of the Visiting Club, the ground and other expenses of the match including Value Added Tax, floodlighting of the playing pitch and ancillary lighting (not to exceed £200), advertising, printing, postage, police charges, turnstile operators, stewards, contribution to first aid helpers and clearing the ground of snow, provided in the case of the last mentioned item the Visiting Club is notified in advance of the match in question of the approximate cost (such net proceeds being hereinafter referred to as 'the Net Cup Competition Gate') shall save as set out below be divided as follows:

19.1.1 45 per cent to each Club taking part in such match; and

19.1.2 10 per cent to the Cup Competition Pool (hereinafter called 'the Pool Account') the proceeds of which are to be divided at the end of the Competition in the ratio 1:1 between

(a) the Clubs in The Premier League; and

(b) the Clubs in The Football League.

19.2 In the Semi-Final and Final Rounds only, a sum equivalent to 6.3 per cent of the Net Cup Competition Gate shall be paid to The Football League as a levy to the County Football Associations. The remaining proceeds of each such match shall be divided between the two Clubs in question and the Pool Account in the proportions referred to in Rule 19.1 above provided always that as regards the Final Tie and any replay thereof, where a Club sells match tickets, it does so on behalf of The Football League and shall pay forthwith into the Pool Account the proceeds of sale and shall send to the Secretary within 28 days of the said match a final statement of account and ticket reconciliation and shall pay into the Pool Account any balance due whether the Club has received payment or not. Within seven days of the Final Tie the Secretary shall send to each Club participating in such match 50% (fifty per cent) of his estimate of the amount which that Club will be entitled to receive out of the net gate receipts for that match.

19.3 Each Home Club shall send the appropriate shares of the Net Cup Competition Gate to the Visiting Club and to the Secretary of The Football League, together with a statement of the calculations thereof within ten days of the match.

19.4 In all Rounds of the Competition, Semi-Final Ties and Final Tie, the expenses of the match shall include standard class railway fares of players and officials of the Visiting Club, not exceeding twenty two in number, and hotel expenses (£55 per night per person or a maximum of £450 where there is no overnight stay) if necessarily incurred. If however a Club should choose to travel by air, thus obviating the necessity of overnight accommodation, the Visiting Club may claim standard railway fares and one night's hotel expenses as stated. Motor coach hire may be claimed in lieu of railway fares.

19.5 In cases where the receipts are not sufficient to cover the expenses of the match, the Home Club shall share the losses with the Visiting Club, with the Visiting Club paying to the Home Club the relevant proportion of the loss within fourteen days of notification by the Home Club of such losses, accompanied by a detailed statement setting out the receipts and expenses in connection with such match, signed by a duly authorised officer of the Home Club. The Management Committee shall, however, be empowered to reimburse both Clubs for such loss, at its discretion.

25 Broadcasting

25.1 No match in the Competition shall be televised or recorded or transmitted by satellite or cable or any similar method except with the written consent of the Management Committee.

25.2 The Football League or any subsidiary or associated company of The Football League or duly authorised agent or broadcaster (and its respective employees and agents) shall be allowed access to the grounds of all Clubs (and to the television gantries, camera positions and facilities) for the purpose of recording or broadcasting matches arranged under the jurisdiction of The Football League.

Guest ShoePiss
No reason to take anything for granted judging by our season so far.

None at all and still everything to be positive about, we're going to Wembley.

Time to make room in the cabinet.

I remember thinking the same thing about Wimbledon back in the 80's, with a better Liverpool team that this. Hope you're right.

Guest Pistonbroke
I remember thinking the same thing about Wimbledon back in the 80's, with a better Liverpool team that this. Hope you're right.

I was in a trench on exercise with the only Wimbledon fan i'd ever met whilst in the Army. Crap reception on a shitty radio we smuggled into the trench. The IRA were active so we had live ammo and just the safety catch stopping me popping one in his cockney arse.

Can't wait, seriously made up we're there!

If we go on to lift the trophy, we'll defintely make hard work of it against Cardiff.

Ticket news is going to be interesting. I've got CC on my Auto so assume I'm going to be Ok but anticipate plenty of disagreements with the club if it's ticketed the same way as the Semi.