You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Smith stumped! We could run away with this now.

Another wicket due to the spinner. 

Tredwell must see Woakes bowl and shake hi shead why he's not playing.  

Yeah, that was an especially shit run-out given the circumstances.

Near 260 looks likely at this point. I'd like to think we were slight favourites, but it depends how the ball and wicket behave for the Aussie quicks. If we can have wickets in hand as the ball softens up around 25 overs, I'd say it's very gettable.

It was great hitting. Superb power. He took woakes to absolute pieces, but it was really poor death bowling. At least 20 runs too many considering the position we were in.

The ball will be coming on in the sun, so it's going to be down to dealing with the pace. Based on past performance in Australia, it's definitely advantage to them.

This is pathetic.

Woakes goes at 9 an over and takes no wickets and gets out for a duck, not good enough at this level.

Those people predicting England will get to the semis may want to reconsider based on this. Johnson in the team and the front line batsmen go to pieces, Moeen Ali got a snorter but Taylor and Morgan should have done better.

Yeah, Woakes isn't a bad player. Unfortunately when you pick players like Jordan, Stokes, Woakes, Bresnan, etc, jobbing all rounders who can do a bit of everything but aren't actually all that great at anything, this is what can happen. 

To be fair, beyond Anderson, Tredwell, and Finn I've no idea which bowlers I'd pick. They're all "meh".

When you get bowled out for a hundred sixty odd though, you should probably be asking more questions about the batting.

Genuinely can't believe people saw a win against India, a team who are worse than Que*n's P**k Ran**rs away from home, and suddenly thought we were going to make the semi finals. We've got a team of jobbing all rounders, none of which you'd have the tiniest bit of faith in when it comes to big matches. Did anyone actually think today's game would go any differently? Johnson just blew us away.

Woakes has had one bad game and everyone is sticking the knife in

I have been sticking the knife in for a while.  

Think Tredwell should be in the team.