You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Meanwhile, over at the...

The FA is so full of Liverpool fans, hard to imagine they would pass up the chance to let him off on a technicality.

Which was what I was saying earlier. Every set of fans thinks they are hard done to by the media/FA/refs etc and think every other team gets the rub of those particular greens.

Which was what I was saying earlier. Every set of fans thinks they are hard done to by the media/FA/refs etc and think every other team gets the rub of those particular greens.

Yeah but not every set of supporters supports a team who have the media wrapped around their little finger.

The mancs quite obviously had 3 journos symphathetic to them run 3 almost identical stories on the same day slating Suarez with the same flimsy evidence "a senior source".

To me it seems as if it was written by a manc pr guy and all the journos had to do was edit it. But being so fucking lazy they barely did and each story was remarkably similar.

No other team has that pull as far as I'm aware. And that sort of shit goes along way to influencing the hearts and minds of many people. And probably the people who make the decisions.

This is what I was wondering. Based on some of the things I've read, it seems like that term is the equivalent of a scouser calling someone lad or mate etc.

Is that definitely the case?

If it is, then this is a joke. It's like Carra or Gerrard saying to him 'shut up lad, you're talking shite'.

Or Bellamy calling him "boy" - common and usually friendly expression in Wales or West Country but Evra could take offence if he wanted.

Yeah but not every set of supporters supports a team who have the media wrapped around their little finger.

That's my point. The Mancs think the media and the FA have an agenda against them. And they are as adamant about that as you are that their club has the media and the FA wrapped round their little finger.

Like several on here, I think the FA will throw the book at Suarez to make an example of him. I say that because

- whether Suarez actually said something that could be construed as racially offensive or not,

- whether Evra was genuinely offended by any comments or is just a highly-strung prissy twat (which is certainly 100% true)

- whether they are in thrall to the Mancs or not, or

- whether journalists realise that implying something in the media often enough will eventually turn speculation into fact,

I am absolutely positive that the FA would prefer to be seen to be tackling an issue rather than actually tackling it. It is all about face-saving with them, and I'll bet they are really glad that the John Terry case is in the hands of the police because it effectively absolves them of any responsibility. The only difference between the FA and FIFA is that the FA don't have a near-indestructible figurehead like FIFA with Sepp Blatter.

That's why the "Respect The Ref" campaign started and ended with Liverpool's game at Old Trafford in March 2008. Liverpool-ManU games are always intense and that particular game had added scrutiny attached to it because of this campaign. I honestly don't think Mascherano warranted that second yellow card for dissent (his first yellow was fair, for a foul on the king of late tackles), but Steve Bennett was particularly twitchy in light of the campaign and decided Mascherano had to go. The FA had a convenient scapegoat to throw the book at, after which they could close that chapter having "dealt with" the issue.

I will also put it out there that when the FA bigwigs and old crusties getting together for their next formal banquet, one of them will almost certainly do a Prince Philip and make a comment about "nig nog waiters", which will be laughed off and brushed under the carpet. Because, after all, the FA have already dealt with the racism issue haven't they?

That's my point. The Mancs think the media and the FA have an agenda against them. And they are as adamant about that as you are that their club has the media and the FA wrapped round their little finger.

The only caveat to that Tom, is that sometimes people (in this case them) are so spoilt that they react negatively to any decision because they are so used to getting their own way on matters.

I think we get a more favourable hearing within the FA because of who we are, certainly more than the smaller clubs like Wigan, Bolton and Everton but that I do genuinely believe that United have for the past 30-40 years acted like what they are, the richest, biggest club in the league!

There is a lot of arbritrary arguments in this case, but there is proof that Evra spoke to Canal +, and there is proof that Ferguson referred to the case in his 'I can't believe racism still exists' rant a few weeks ago, yet they still maintain that they have adhered to the FA's request for no comment!

There hypocrisy is there for everyone to see, it isn't a point of view it is a case of factual statements.

Basically what I am trying to say is that we are hard done by but they are just cunts. And I base that on my countless visits to their cunt magnet of a ground, to watch as they pull suffocation faces then act with absolute indignation when the idiot does an aeroplane action back.

I am absolutely positive that the FA would prefer to be seen to be tackling an issue rather than actually tackling it.

Absolutely. This is the crux of the problem. They don't serve to protect the integrity of the game, they serve to protect the premier league as product. It's essentially politics. Their role is to court popularity of the English game and to make money.

The only caveat to that Tom, is that sometimes people (in this case them) are so spoilt that they react negatively to any decision because they are so used to getting their own way on matters.

I think we get a more favourable hearing within the FA because of who we are, certainly more than the smaller clubs like Wigan, Bolton and Everton but that I do genuinely believe that United have for the past 30-40 years acted like what they are, the richest, biggest club in the league!

There is a lot of arbritrary arguments in this case, but there is proof that Evra spoke to Canal +, and there is proof that Ferguson referred to the case in his 'I can't believe racism still exists' rant a few weeks ago, yet they still maintain that they have adhered to the FA's request for no comment!

There hypocrisy is there for everyone to see, it isn't a point of view it is a case of factual statements.

Basically what I am trying to say is that we are hard done by but they are just cunts. And I base that on my countless visits to their cunt magnet of a ground, to watch as they pull suffocation faces then act with absolute indignation when the idiot does an aeroplane action back.

Sense as per usual, Whelan. Particularly agree with your first sentence, that is spot on for me. They are the worst bunch of fans I have ever personally experienced. Followed very closely by Chelsea's!

Yes but when you break it down Tom.

Every club may think that, very true. But not every club as the pull and influence they do.

Yes but when you break it down Tom.

Every club may think that, very true. But not every club as the pull and influence they do.

I have no idea as to their influence, ngogswilly. I just go on what I see and I don't see them getting a particularly better deal than us with the FA or the media. Of course that is only my experience and the reality maybe different.

If you had no clue (as many on here did) to the meaning of "negrito" and someone said it to you, there is no way in a million years you would think it was racist. It sounds nothing at all like negro or nigger.

Maybe there is a racist word in French that sounds similar.

Or maybe its just all Bullshit which is were my moneys at, doesnt mean he will get away with it though.

He mentioned on the FF a few nights ago that his missus got him tickets to the Colombia v Argentina game. At least that's the cover story he told us.

stereo type mongering racists, i´m complaining to the mods!

i´ll have you know i´m involved in a much worse racket, teaching the english language!

stereo type mongering racists' date=' i´m complaining to the mods!

i´ll have you know i´m involved in a much worse racket, teaching the english language![/quote']

How do you go about getting a job teaching english abroad? I'm in need of some sun and it seems a good wheeze. I'm hoping a teaching qualification isn't needed and you only need to be able to talk sense...

How do you go about getting a job teaching english abroad? I'm in need of some sun and it seems a good wheeze. I'm hoping a teaching qualification isn't needed and you only need to be able to talk sense...

if you have some sort of qual its best, a celta or tefl cert and then find somewhere they´re looking to learn english. you can always do it off your own back but its easier if you have some qual.

Evra's thick as fuck too. what im told is that Evra's nick name among his teammates is something along the lines of 'trigger'. He's known as the slow stupid one in the man utd camp and i mean like really really really thick. He makes Ferdinand look like albert einstein. That is really saying something. They Even shout this name to Evra on the pitch when they want the ball off him. Suarez started calling him this on the pitch to wind him up.

"We're Man United, we'll do what we want."

Says it all really.

Fan's chants really shouldn't be taken literally. I go to my local Division Two side and they sing 'we are the greatest team the world has ever seen'. Should we believe that too?

But I take the general point made in that Utd fans have an overblown, gross, pathetic sense of entitlement. But expecting it and actually getting it are two different things. I think the big clubs get the run of the green for sure but I don't see Utd getting any particular special treatment. As I said earlier, that is just my perception, the reality could well indeed be different.