You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

SECRET F.A REPORT                                                                                                                  page 117

space monkey files

--------FOR YOUR EYES ONLY---------------------DESTROY AFTER READING---------------------------------------

Subject Insists on playing Owl Be There by the Down Feathers (Aviary themed Jackson 5 tribute group) when chauffeur driven in bulletproof and birdshit resistant limo. Most recent and previous drivers both resigned citing personal reasons. Apparently one had an owl and nut allergy and the other was a boyhood Neuchatel Xamax fan and so held grudge against subject.

Limo has many non-standard extra security features including latest in graphene run flat tyre technology, Subject insisted, after previous limo was attacked and damaged on more than one occasion. Subject claims crows have been dropping glass onto secluded F.A designated roads before attacking driver when he gets out to change tyre. Subject is then pecked by crows through sunroof.

These attacks although crude, are particularly dangerous as the subkect is temporarily helpless before he can revert to owl form. Preparations for Euro 2016 will be affected if 

======================DESTROY AFTER READING=====================================

-----------------------------------------------NOW WASH YOUR HANDS--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28977174

Roy Hodgson says England are 'not heading to mediocrity'

England manager Roy Hodgson insists his side are "not heading to mediocrity" as they prepare to begin their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign next month.

England, who failed to progress past the World Cup group stage, take on Switzerland away on 8 September.

Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania and San Marino are the other teams in Group E.

"I don't think that way. I don't think we're heading for mediocrity. I think there's great potential. There's hope," said 67-year-old Hodgson.

Euro 2016 draw good for England - Hodgson

Hodgson's team have dropped to 20th in the world rankings after their disappointing display in Brazil, where they lost to Italy and Uruguay before earning a point against Costa Rica when they had already been eliminated.

Despite that, he believes England face a "relatively easy" task of reaching the finals which will be held in France. An expanded format sees the two top teams from each group progress into the 24-nation finals.

Their qualification campaign starts in Basel against the Swiss, who are ranked ninth in the world and were narrowly beaten in the World Cup last-16 by eventual finalists Argentina.

"We're being labelled or I'm being accused of leading England to being a second-rate country. If that's the case, then a draw is a fantastic result over there in Switzerland," Hodgson, who managed the Swiss between 1992 and 1995, told reporters.

"If that's your real opinion, that we're heading towards mediocrity, maybe you shouldn't be expecting us to win matches against Switzerland, who had quite a good World Cup, and have a very experienced team."

Hodgson also criticised a number of British newspapers that claimed he had compared England favourably with world champions Germany.

"The point I made, and I can almost quote it verbatim, is that there is nothing in the way Germany play, nothing in the way they approach the game, nothing in the system that they use, that we can't do," he said.

"Don't try to make me out to be some complete fool, who after getting knocked out in the first round says we are as good as the team that won it. That's wrong."

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will lead England against the Swiss after being appointed by Hodgson as his new captain.

Hodgson also named four uncapped players - Arsenal's 19-year-old defender Calum Chambers, plus 24-year-old trio Jack Colback of Newcastle, Tottenham's Danny Rose and Aston Villa's Fabian Delph - in his squad.

England manager Roy Hodgson insists his side are "not heading to mediocrity" as they prepare to begin their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign next month.

England, who failed to progress past the World Cup group stage, take on Switzerland away on 8 September. Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania and San Marino are the other teams in Group E.

I don't think that way. I don't think we're heading for mediocrity. I think there's great potential. There's hope," said 67-year-old Hodgson.

He's right you know. In much the same way, I'm not heading to Dorset.

Yours,

LBWC, Dorset