You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

That there were senior pros (wonder who?) emailing this prick to air their grievances against Benitez is sickening.

The way I figure airing grievances is one thing. I think thats fair enough. Players have to be allowed to say if they arn't happy with the ways thing are going and I wouldn't blame them one bit.

But if there was anything more than that. i.e. people actively pushing for a managerial change and trying to engineer it.

That would not be good. That would simply be unacceptable.

Are you all half asleep?

I'm obviously saying that "hounding out" Kenny is wrong. Im against sacking any manager after one bad year (cough cough, Rafa Benitez). I fully support the man and hope he brings us the title.

But if it wasn't Kenny (and say, some unknown foreigner), many more fans would be a lot more vocal about their disappointment. Surely you can see that? Maybe it isnt hypocrisy though, maybe Kenny has earned that trust.

And yes, Kenny has won a trophy. But you'd have to be pretty deluded to think he hadnt made a fair few mistakes since his appointment. Particularly in the transfer market and the Suarez affair.

WRT Hodgson. I agree with your sentiments Navbasi. I don't think Hodgson was sacked because of results (they were dire, yes, but bar the Carling Cup, no worse than Kenny has done). He was sacked because of the unrest he caused with his behaviour, which wasn't befitting of a Liverpool manager. I don't know why you think I have a different viewpoint - if you see my posts, I absolutely despise the man.

Hodgson's results no worse than Kenny's?

Also, of course Kenny has earned the trust. He's proven his managerial ability since he returned with the way he has had the team performing. I must be watching a different game than everybody else because we play better football than almost every team in the league and have dominated most games we've played in. Won a trophy and are in the quarter finals of another. We just need a goalscorer.

I'm sickened that people are beginning to turn on Kenny, even if it is just hints and undertones. You can feel it.

The way I figure airing grievances is one thing. I think thats fair enough. Players have to be allowed to say if they arn't happy with the ways thing are going and I wouldn't blame them one bit.

But if there was anything more than that. i.e. people actively pushing for a managerial change and trying to engineer it.

That would not be good. That would simply be unacceptable.

I think it was a period of anarchy.

G&H had retreated to their bunker with little idea of what was really going on.

Rafa was headstrong with no-one to resist, but little money to spend, and an inexperienced CEO to play with.

The miracle was that so many players stayed, and how few left.

Everybody was looking after themsleves, the players had every right to be pissed off.

Guest ShoePiss
Are you all half asleep?

I'm obviously saying that "hounding out" Kenny is wrong. Im against sacking any manager after one bad year (cough cough, Rafa Benitez). I fully support the man and hope he brings us the title.

But if it wasn't Kenny (and say, some unknown foreigner), many more fans would be a lot more vocal about their disappointment. Surely you can see that? Maybe it isnt hypocrisy though, maybe Kenny has earned that trust.

And yes, Kenny has won a trophy. But you'd have to be pretty deluded to think he hadnt made a fair few mistakes since his appointment. Particularly in the transfer market and the Suarez affair.

WRT Hodgson. I agree with your sentiments Navbasi. I don't think Hodgson was sacked because of results (they were dire, yes, but bar the Carling Cup, no worse than Kenny has done). He was sacked because of the unrest he caused with his behaviour, which wasn't befitting of a Liverpool manager. I don't know why you think I have a different viewpoint - if you see my posts, I absolutely despise the man.

So take away the competition where Kenny's won every tie this season and he's done no worse than him? As fucking ridiculous as that idea is it's still not even fucking true.

Why would you want to do that? Why would you want to take away wins and then distort the truth by saying Hodgson has done no worse?

What is your fucking game pal?

Edited by ShoePiss

It was a very strange episode.

Purslow seemingly approached it in a casual, nonchalant manner. He knew that what was said at that meeting would filter out both officially, and unofficially, but failed to bring along an LFC official to take minutes. A basic piece of good practise which he eschewed, why? Arrogance? Possibly. Carelessness, probably.

What SOS allege he said amounted to gross professional misconduct in its disloyalty to G&H. He clearly denied everything to G&H. I believe the SOS minutes. But that also implies an acceptance of a man who was scornful of, and working to undermine, G&H. He was also Broughton’s hod carrier in the despatch of G&H, and was trusted by Broughton as such. Those aspects are seldom recognised.

The Liverpool Ramblers story I also believe. I have friends who also bore witness to Purslow’s indiscretions regarding player unrest. Yet it also reflected a level of player unhappiness with Benitez that many Reds did not believe. It also encouraged Purslow, who had cause to feel aggrieved with Benitez’ behaviour (he had willingly accepted G&H’s pieces of silver that summer previous)to feel that Benitez had become a liability.

Looking back, it was a horrible time with pretty much everyone looking out for themselves – and no-one looking out for the club.

That's not quite true though Xerxes. Purslow had more of a natural instinct to protect the club than any of the other protagonists apart (possibly) from Broughton. It's the ignorant that can't or won't accept this.

The question I would like answered is how Rafa came to sign a new contract, fully aware of the deteriorating position and the working practises of G&H&P, yet that relationship collapsed within months after, why?

Really? If you really don't know the answer to that perhaps ask Rafa and see what he comes up with...

Hodgson's results no worse than Kenny's?

Also, of course Kenny has earned the trust. He's proven his managerial ability since he returned with the way he has had the team performing. I must be watching a different game than everybody else because we play better football than almost every team in the league and have dominated most games we've played in. Won a trophy and are in the quarter finals of another. We just need a goalscorer.

I'm sickened that people are beginning to turn on Kenny, even if it is just hints and undertones. You can feel it.

In his 20 league games, Hodgson's win percentage was 35%. After Kenny's first 20 this season it was 45%. So, admittedly, better. Sorry, I read on here there was a difference of 3% and hence thought that, in the league, they had performed similarlyish. I must have misread.

I know he has earned his trust. I think you are misjudging my comments. I'm saying that "turning on" or not fully supporting Kenny is wholeheartedly wrong. My original reply was to a poster who suggested that Kenny's stature and status doesn't reflect on the fans' opinion of him. Of course it does. If somebody we'd never heard of had performed as Kenny as (which any truthful supporter would describe as good and bad) there would probably be more voiced frustration.

So take away the competition where Kenny's won every tie this season and he's done no worse than him? As fucking ridiculous as that idea is it's still not even fucking true.

Why would you want to do that? Why would you want to take away wins and then distort the truth by saying Hodgson has done no worse?

What is your fucking game pal?

You need to calm down and stop being so paranoid, pal.

Firstly, read above. I had read somebody on here saying there was 3% difference in league win%. I simply must have misread. Or, you can call me a 'manc' and not accept the apology.

I'm not trying to "distort" anything. That's why I also discounted the Europa League from Hodgson's reign.

Listen. Hodgson is a shit manager, and Kenny is in another planet when it comes to credentials. I'm not disputing that. I was simply trying to point to an example to show that Kenny will always be given the benefit of the doubt by the large Liverpool fans because we love him so much. (A right which he has earned, as I said above). Thats all. If people want to dispute that then carry on, but you're a fucking idiot if you do.

On a side note. People seem to be utterly, and ignorantly, hubristic that Kenny is going to do well. He may, he may not. As with every manager, I'll judge him on his performance. The utterly defensive on here need to relax a little bit. People are allowed to express concern, disappointment or annoyance in his decision(s). I love KK, and I hope he achieves every success, because if anybody deserves it it's him. But after 3 straight seasons out of the CL, I also want to see our club back where it belongs. I'm confident Kenny can bring us that, but some of his decisions so far have been concerning.

That's not quite true though Xerxes. Purslow had more of a natural instinct to protect the club than any of the other protagonists apart (possibly) from Broughton. It's the ignorant that can't or won't accept this.

These tears on my cheeks are from laughter.

When will these investment bankers get a break, eh.

Xerxes was on a stampede and you go and upstage him.

(The question I would like answered is how Rafa came to sign a new contract, fully aware of the deteriorating position and the working practises of G&H&P, yet that relationship collapsed within months after, why?)Really? If you really don't know the answer to that perhaps ask Rafa and see what he comes up with...

It was rhetorical.

At that time in our history and with 2 clowns in charge who didnt have a clue how to run a football club,Hodgson was the type of manager we were always going to get.

The fact that we were such a laughing stock only goes to show how far we've come in such a relatively short space of time.

At that time in our history and with 2 clowns in charge who didnt have a clue how to run a football club,Hodgson was the type of manager we were always going to get.The fact that we were such a laughing stock only goes to show how far we've come in such a relatively short space of time.

For the millionth time.. Kenny was available and willing to do the job.

Al can ask him this straight question:

Chrissy, when you sat on the top table at the Liverpool Ramblers annual dinner did you show anyone at that table texts from current LFC players at the time that we're critical of Rafa Benitez?

And then, if Al gets an honest answer, which I doubt, he can ask, 'Who were the texts from?'

Or we could just hear a load of self serving tosh about how he saved the Club and knew what the Bad Yanks were like from the go.

A couple of supplementaries Al - ' How did someone brought in only to find finance(his exact words) get to pick and choose managers and produce a list of players to sell without any announcement to the Club or it's supporters of his change in role?'

He should also be asked if he forwarded the texts to various journalists from the national press.

Because Purslow thought he knew better. I can see no other reason at all.

And he was right.

There was another four months of turmoil - and don't forget that kenny worked with Purslow on the recruitment process.

KK is a little more shrewd than some give him credit for.