You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

31 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Lampard's only talents as a manager appear to be at downplaying requirements and then blaming everybody else when he fails to reach even those lowly standards. His opening salvo aftervthe game of ' I suppose we were the favourites to go down at the start of the season, so it's not a big surprise where we are '  is breathtaking in its lying splendour.

Hodgson-esque.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Remember when Chippy Tits was all for loaning our money to the cunts for this stadium, and saying "there is no risk".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/10/everton 

Great days.

Diamond Joe was at pains to tell us that part of the deal was that Everton had to take out an insurance policy that covered the full costs of the loan if they couldn’t meet the repayments to the council. 

The policy cost £4m pa and as soon as I read it I knew that was the get out policy for all involved. Any insurance company worth 10

bob would know a claim would be going in by year 2 knowing the names involved and wouldn’t touch them, so the insurer would have been the taxpayers of Liverpool who’d have footed that bill.

57 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Hodgson-esque.

Unbelievable. What do you mean by that? In 4 years, how many clubs have I had? What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Derby to Chelsea, to this Everton team, so I find the question insulting. To suggest that because I have moved from one club to another, that the methods which have stood me in good stead for 4 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe don’t suddenly work is very hard to believe.”

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

The Guardian understands that if the stadium is not finished, Everton is obliged to pay to return Bramley-Moore Dock to the condition it found it in. Experts suggested that such a bill could run to tens – if not hundreds – of millions of pounds. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/nov/13/everton-football-club-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1668353909

2409762E-292E-430C-A6CD-8DDEAC7FA90D.gif

They are going bust.....i am absolutely convinced of it - their finances are simply unsustainable as well as being very clearly dodgy.

It is all going to unravel and it is going to do for them.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

They are going bust.....i am absolutely convinced of it - their finances are simply unsustainable as well as being very clearly dodgy.

It is all going to unravel and it is going to do for them.

Hope they do go bust

26 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They seem the ideal club for an oil state to buy, cheap a lesser club with a new stadium on the horizon. Something they can transform.

Two team City with a much larger neighbour would be the main (only?) downside to that.

Ideally you want a nice single club City with a strong fan base (like Newcastle), Leeds would be a good pick up.

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Two team City with a much larger neighbour would be the main (only?) downside to that.

Ideally you want a nice single club City with a strong fan base (like Newcastle), Leeds would be a good pick up.

Yeah or a London club.

I am surprised West Ham haven't been picked up - stadium in place....big support.

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

There was talk about 12 months ago the Qatari's were going to buy into Leeds with a view to selling off PSG and eventually take full control of the PL club. I could see it happening maybe one day.

Someone somewhere must have compiled a table illustrating how say their last10 managers have done at Everton and what they have done since. 

Off the top if my head they include manage Real Madrid, Barcelona and number 1 ranked team in the world (Belgium) 

11 hours ago, sir roger said:

Lampard's only talents as a manager appear to be at downplaying requirements and then blaming everybody else when he fails to reach even those lowly standards. His opening salvo aftervthe game of ' I suppose we were the favourites to go down at the start of the season, so it's not a big surprise where we are '  is breathtaking in its lying splendour.

Inspirational stuff.