You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

39 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Powers That Be are after them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63090744

Is it just me or is the fine for this ludicrous? I mean they seriously breach the PL's version of FFP to the tune of £350m, prompting the PL to issue a statement saying they would 'work with' the club to get their debt down. Yet they have not been sanctioned with a fine or points deductions.

Crowd comes onto the pitch after the game and they get an albeit wrist slap of a £300k fine! I mean which is worse, breaching FFP or an end of game pitch invasion?

26 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Is it just me or is the fine for this ludicrous? I mean they seriously breach the PL's version of FFP to the tune of £350m, prompting the PL to issue a statement saying they would 'work with' the club to get their debt down. Yet they have not been sanctioned with a fine or points deductions.

Crowd comes onto the pitch after the game and they get an albeit wrist slap of a £300k fine! I mean which is worse, breaching FFP or an end of game pitch invasion?

Yeah but everyone has it in for them for speaking up against the Sky 6. 

29 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I would say the pitch invasion is far worse. It was compromising the safety of everybody involved. 

Wife’s mate came to the house last night. Told us that her daughters school had been awarded a number of tickets to the WSL Derby at Anfield last weekend. She went with her footy mad daughter and friends as she’d never been to Anfield before and was interested to see the ground and because her daughter was buzzing about the match.

She said it was ok overall but was spoiled by people running onto the pitch when Everton scored, not just kids but grown men too.

Anyone heard anything about it?
Not that it would be a surprise mind.

2 hours ago, coachpotato said:

Wife’s mate came to the house last night. Told us that her daughters school had been awarded a number of tickets to the WSL Derby at Anfield last weekend. She went with her footy mad daughter and friends as she’d never been to Anfield before and was interested to see the ground and because her daughter was buzzing about the match.

She said it was ok overall but was spoiled by people running onto the pitch when Everton scored, not just kids but grown men too.

Anyone heard anything about it?
Not that it would be a surprise mind.

I was at the game. I didn't think the invasion looked related to the goals. There were loads of invasions and one was indeed a grown man, absolute fucking bellend. It was impossible to say if they were reds or bloos though. Just scallies all dressed in black. I would say the pitch invasion ruined it. But I think the 20-odd girls playing needed no help in that direction. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

IMG_20220930_123521_544.jpg

He can't claim that as a first either. Don Hutchison once scored the winner in a 0-0 draw when Westerveld booted a goal kick into him and the ball looped into the net. But only after the ref had blown for full time! Even here, I might be missing an earlier Everton winner in a goalless draw.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Trumo said:

He can't claim that as a first either. Don Hutchison once scored the winner in a 0-0 draw when Westerveld booted a goal kick into him and the ball looped into the net. But only after the ref had blown for full time! Even here, I might be missing an earlier Everton winner in a goalless draw.

I remember the howls of protest- actually, they're probably still going on aren't they? Not only had the whistle gone, but Hutchison wasn't ten yards away anyway.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

I remember the howls of protest- actually, they're probably still going on aren't they? Not only had the whistle gone, but Hutchison wasn't ten yards away anyway.

I never quite understood what that was all about. So much so that I'd forgotten about it until now. I'm certainly don't have a blueshite memory.